Phuket Sandbox July 2021

nickc

8 minutes ago, bolt said:

Are you claiming to be released from hospital whilst still showing positive?   

thats what the doc said yep and i never get tested again before departure after 15 days ... want me to come give you a big kiss on your chubby cheeks ? ????

Edited by SlyouThai

22 minutes ago, SlyouThai said:

thats what the doc said yep and i never get tested again before departure after 15 days ... want me to come give you a big kiss on your chubby cheeks ? ????

So after 15 days you didn't get tested because you were negative.

why did you not say that 

19 minutes ago, bolt said:

So after 15 days you didn't get tested because you were negative.

why did you not say that 

no , first time i have been tested positive i wasnt at hospital , then i had to go hospital after the lab gave my name to phuket officials , they retested me again when i arrive there and i tested positive again on first day. They didnt test me after that and let me go after 15 days . ( doc said it was useless to test again because i will be positive anyway , even after the 15 days )

Edited by SlyouThai
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, SlyouThai said:

no , first time i have been tested positive i wasnt at hospital , then i had to go hospital after the lab gave my name to phuket officials , they retested me again when i arrive there and i tested positive again on first day. They didnt test me after that and let me go after 15 days . ( doc said it was useless to test again because i will be positive anyway , even after the 15 days )

If you test positive in Thailand, you are not allowed to leave Hospital.

So this story of yours must be False.

I repeat, you cannot be released unless you test negative.

• Like 1

On 6/13/2021 at 6:09 PM, bolt said:

If you test positive in Thailand, you are not allowed to leave Hospital.

So this story of yours must be False.

I repeat, you cannot be released unless you test negative.

jesus ... you are one of a kind arent you ... ? you can repeat whatever you like thats what happened and you are wrong , why would i lie ?

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

I guess now Phuket Sandbox will get 0 tourists. 

My gf just read in Thai news that whenever you want to stay with a girl in a hotel, you have to show a marriage certificate. Even if it's your girlfriend for over 10 years or something, they won't allow you to stay together. 

So if there were still some people willing to come, it might be the ones who go the extra mile to find a girl here. I guess now they won't come either. ????

• Sad 1

29 minutes ago, DiJoDavO said:

My gf just read in Thai news that whenever you want to stay with a girl in a hotel, you have to show a marriage certificate. Even if it's your girlfriend for over 10 years or something, they won't allow you to stay together. 

So if there were still some people willing to come, it might be the ones who go the extra mile to find a girl here. I guess now they won't come either. ????

Does that only apply to Thai women, or does it also apply to common-law wives from another country?

4 hours ago, DiJoDavO said:

Amazing Thailand! There are a few days left. I predict they will come up with even more wacky ways to make travel there less appealing. Let's see!

19 hours ago, DiJoDavO said:

1. Its fake news.

2. Where there's a will, there's a way. (100 baht to hotel receptionist).

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, polpott said:

1. Its fake news.

2. Where there's a will, there's a way. (100 baht to hotel receptionist).

I thought it was fake at first but I have just read it on the front page of the Bangkok Post Business section, so is likely true. A "compromise" solution is being sought today.

30 minutes ago, champers said:

I thought it was fake at first but I have just read it on the front page of the Bangkok Post Business section, so is likely true. A "compromise" solution is being sought today.

Still fake news.

• Like 1

I live in Thailand, working at an international school, so I hold a non-immigrant B visa. I am in the U.S. now.  I got my Johnson vaccine June 15th.  I am on vacation now, and return to work in Thailand July 29th.  I have booked a ticket on JAL returning to Bangkok July 12th, so I can quarantine 14 days and start work on time.  I would like to take advantage of the Phuket Sandbox and go to Phuket instead of staying in a hotel room in Bangkok for 14 days.  I have been trying to follow this forum, but I am still unclear on a few points. Here are my questions:      1. I have already booked my return to Bangkok leaving July 11 and arriving in BKK July 12, so can I book a connecting flight now from BKK to Phuket on the day of my arrival in Bangkok and book a SHA+ hotel in Phuket?    2. Although the COE claims I have to get the COE at least 15 days before my flight, do I still have time to apply for the COE (before my July 11 flight) because Thailand has not yet clarified the specifics of the Phuket Sandbox?  3.  Is there a different COE now for the Phuket Sandbox as the one I see online does not seem to take the Phuket Sandbox into account?