When will Bars reopen???

57 minutes ago, EVENKEEL said:

Covid will never go away, ever. So everytime a person catches it we're supposed to hide. This is getting ridiculous.

Not exactly till enough people are vaccinated we need to keep it under control. This level is ablut the max as more then this and health care cannot cope. 

So we just have to be patient. Right now the risk is not too bad if healthcare cant cope its a different story.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, robblok said:

I think this is the new normal for Thailand, until people are all vaccinated.

Yup, despite the weekly promotions announcing this and that attraction to restart tourism it is pretty clear that this is the new norm for a totally unpredictable future.

Until somebody can guarantee that there will be no more variants and that the vaccines currently being given will continue to be effective against anything new , then a return to pre covid normality seems a long way off.

I never thought a year ago I would think this but the last month has eroded my previous optimism .

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, robblok said:

Not exactly till enough people are vaccinated we need to keep it under control. This level is ablut the max as more then this and health care cannot cope. 

So we just have to be patient. Right now the risk is not too bad if healthcare cant cope its a different story.

Not everyone who gets covid needs a hospital bed. My 63 yr old buddy had it last month in the USA. Stayed home the whole time, no fever, just tired and slept all day for 2 weeks. I know different scenario as his wife had the Vaccine and he only stayed home. Don't think that would work here. I think we'll be wearing masks here for years to come. Just to blend in.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Denim said:

Until somebody can guarantee that there will be no more variants and that the vaccines currently being given will continue to be effective against anything new

This will never happen ! ????  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, BritManToo said:

I predict bars, places of entertainment, swimming pools, countries, borders, flights, etc. will be randomly opened/closed/cancelled with no notice for the next 5-10 years or longer, despite mandatory random experimental vaccinations every 6 months.

Book a holiday, expect your home country or the destination country to cancel it at random.

On holiday, expect your return home to be cancelled at random by the air company, or your home country.

Enjoy the rest of your life!

That's a very dark and bizarre post.  Wow.

• Confused 1

11 hours ago, EVENKEEL said:

They reopened before, restaurants are open for indining in most places. Schools were slated to reopen 14 June. I predict bars will open end of June 2021.

Talking to a bar owner in Chiang Mai yesterday she said August 1st is what she knows so far.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Thomas J said:

Mantra of the liberal elite.  I make rules for Thee not for Me

Quite. The elite always believe they behave better than the rest of people so the rules don't apply to them. 

But I'd be interested to know how you feel the Thai government is 'liberal'. ????

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Speedhump said:

The elite always believe... ...the rules don't apply to them. 

Come on... all humans believe the rules don't apply to themselves to a certain extent.

The only difference is the elite usually get away with it due to systemic bias towards them.

My friend who owns a Chiang Mai bar said that no matter when an opening date is announced he will not be reopening. His experience in the last year shows that until tourism returns in volume it is simply not worth the stress of employing staff only to have to fire them within weeks when another clamp down comes.  He sees no hope for the rest of this year and probably well into next. 

• Like 1

Well one thing is guaranteed the bars clubs ect will be the last to open

If your lucky end of July /August at the earliest 

More likely after the vaccine programme has been carried out in the popular Tourist areas no point in opening up if no

Bars or restaurants selling alcohol