Downtown Bangkok hospital made deal with Chinese embassy to vax 20,000 Chinese and Thais

webfact

5pm.jpg

Picture: Ban Mung

Ban Muang reported that the Vimut Hospital in Phayathai, Bangkok, worked with the Chinese embassy to start vaccinating their nationals living in Thailand that started on May 21st.

20,000 doses are available at Vimut. Thai medical personnel would also get jabs.

5pm1.jpg

Picture: Ban Mung

Vimut executive Dr Kritawit Utsahakul received Chinese embassy aide Lee Chun Lin before bigging up the relationship between the Thais and the Chinese in helping everyone get vaccinated with appropriate and efficacious vaccine. 

logo.thumb.jpg.58700f12f9218149b3e2f82126b72e4d.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2021-05-27

17 minutes ago, DirtyHarry55 said:

I doubt the Chinese government is vaccinating or being allowed to vaccinate their Nationals in 1st World countries.
But if they want to give some Sino Vaccine's to their peoples in UK, Europe or USA why not.

The fact they have to do it here means Thailand is slacking I'm sure even the Chinese would prefer a Psizer to a Sinovac.

The attitude in the UK would almost certainly be ....... this is our Country and our Health Service, how dare you interfere.

9 hours ago, MRToMRT said:

The question is why Vimut? My understanding from a source that cannot be named here that the Thai Government chose Vimut and the real number of vaccines donated was 500k of which 100k had to be given to Chinese nationals only. 

I too heard that part of the deal for receiving the initial doses of the Sinovac vaccine was to treat Chinese as Thais in the queue.

Or it seems now to be 'ahead of many Thais'.

And, if you want to go back to China, you have to have had two doses of the Sinovac vaccine. No others are acceptable.

Edited by Tropicalevo
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, MRToMRT said:

Actually this is a worldwide Chinese program. The Chinese government is vaccinating all Chinese all over the world. Hats off to them.

As they caused the misery world wide, it's the least they can do. Vax their own commies.

• Sad 2

10 hours ago, MRToMRT said:

Actually this is a worldwide Chinese program. The Chinese government is vaccinating all Chinese all over the world. Hats off to them.

The question is why Vimut? My understanding from a source that cannot be named here that the Thai Government chose Vimut and the real number of vaccines donated was 500k of which 100k had to be given to Chinese nationals only. 

Someone at Vimut told a farang interested in registering there that they've be using the AZ vaccine for farangs... if that facility actually ends up doing anything for us.

I did their online pre-registration on Sunday (the 2nd day they opened), and now Thursday has passed and no promised SMS communication from them.  Hmmm......

23 hours ago, webfact said:

in helping everyone get vaccinated with appropriate and efficacious vaccine. N

Nevertheless, they were given Sinovac, the official Red Badge of Courage.

Still, it is reasonable to expect other countries to offer the same service, but with a real vaccine, to their own expats in Thailand, most especially under the present woeful inaction by Thailand. There is precedence for the US embassy to do so in fact.

Admittedly that was in the days when the US embassy cared about expats.

I wonder what Chinese Nationals in the USA are doing?  Free Pfizer, Moderna, or J&J at your local Pharmacy? Or wait for free Vaccines from the Chinese Embassy and/or Consulate(of course not in Houston because this consulate was forced to close).  

18 hours ago, rbkk said:

How much have the US and Australia donated to Thailand?

Ostralia donated 68 million baht if memory serves me, and what did we expats get, sweet F A

Edited by 4MyEgo
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, sqwakvfr said:

I wonder what Chinese Nationals in the USA are doing?  Free Pfizer, Moderna, or J&J at your local Pharmacy? Or wait for free Vaccines from the Chinese Embassy and/or Consulate(of course not in Houston because this consulate was forced to close).  

If it is true that re-entry to the PRC requires Sinovac or Sinopharm vaccination proof, then they need to wait for their embassy...

14 hours ago, bangon04 said:

If it is true that re-entry to the PRC requires Sinovac or Sinopharm vaccination proof, then they need to wait for their embassy...

I believe it used to be true but they changed the requirements over time.

• 2 weeks later...