Thailand reports 4,803 new COVID-19 cases, 34 new deaths

webfact

3 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

The entertainment venue clusters that were spread throughout Bangkok were then allowed to continue onward with the Songkran travel.  So in essence the Government allowed travel for Songkran spread the virus throughout the whole country.  That is the point many of us have been and are making.  The spread continues from that as well as the new variants arriving as well.

I do not disagree, I am just posing an alternative for debate, you know the thing that used to be done.

3 minutes ago, Mises said:

I do not disagree, I am just posing an alternative for debate, you know the thing that used to be done.

Of course, and Thank you very much, I just added my view point was all, nothing derogatory or condescending inferred.

1 hour ago, Excel said:

That's not quite correct. On 31st December 2019 the authorities there declared that they were treating dozens of cases so hence the outbreak started prior to that. Also it was reported that several people were reporting symptoms, now known to be similar to covid in November of that year but at that time Covid had not officially been recognised.

Some were reporting symptoms similar to Covid as far back as mid /late October in the Pattaya vicinity.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Spock said:

148 prisons and 380000 prisoners.

If you follow the news all over the world about 8-10% of the people will or has Covid... So why should Thailand be an exception?? We have a few cases to go..with 22.000 inmates now infected and overcrowded prisons.. more to come

4 hours ago, ikke1959 said:

I don't care what you believe or not believe... 2.100 cases- 633 Phetchaburi = 1467 for the rest of the country... It is called math. and I hear from the secretary of the governor that  so i assume i can rely on it

You're mixing up today's and yesterday's figures. The 650 or so cases in Phetchaburi were part of yesterday's total. The 2,101 cases (outside prisons) are part of today's figures. Yesterday there were about 2,500 community cases, so roughly 1,850 occurring outside Phetchaburi. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, dinsdale said:

This is just anti vac nonsence.

It is indeed but the graphs could still be accurate as the new variants spread and vaccines take three weeks to be effective and whilst vaccinations began deaths can easily keep increasing due to the lag as well but the dramatic music helps give the wrong impression if you wait for vaccines to take effect I would say the numbers would decline dramatically as we have seen in countries that have substantial vaccinations completed.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Mises said:

Maybe, but the graphs are facts which is why YouTube have not removed it.

The predictions of deaths in the graph were probably assumed on full uptake of vaccinations. There are too many variables and unless all are listed you cannot make a comparison. You have to take into account uptake, rate of vaccinations, were lockdowns and other restrictions still in place? May be the reported figures but as seen everywhere reported figures are not always necessarily the true reflection of the situation.

Edited by Petey11

55 minutes ago, Excel said:

You must mean the local new cases detected by testing have contracted back to normal. There is no evidence to suggest that of those not tested, and yet may well be infected, has declined. as it is an unknown.

I don't think so.... there is now more Covid cases in the city. it seems it is spreading over the whole province now.. Yes indeed first the factories, but now the families and friends of the infected workers.. it will take a time to before it will decline. I live in Phetchaburi and work in Kao Yoi so...i know what is going on

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Bkk Brian said:

I was here too and they certainly did not disappear from Phuket in late Jan, it was not until March that we saw a decline. 

The first outbreak in Wuhan was on 31st Dec there were thousands of Chinese that came to Thailand after that.

Ironically, I was in Phuket with a Chinese tour group around January 25, and the place was dead, the only people around were in my tour group. We left immediately.

• Confused 2

5 hours ago, brewsterbudgen said:

Obviously it hasn't worked perfectly, but how do you explain the relatively low numbers.  Surely by now a huge rise in infections and deaths post-Songkran would have been seen?

Strewth. Just off the boat is it? They’re not testing!

Edited by daveAustin
  • Like 1

Just now, Bkk Brian said:

Almost correct but still alot.

February 7, 2020: 2,038 who came from the Chinese city of Wuhan, the epicentre of the coronavirus outbreak, and 91,688 from Guangzhou, which is close to Wuhan

https://www.thaipbsworld.com/over-100000-chinese-tourists-still-in-thailand-according-to-immigration-bureau/

There are 980 kgs apart !

59 minutes ago, Spock said:

Of course it has something to do with songkran! Sensible governments implement lockdowns and reduce peoples' opportunity to travel when there are cases in the community. Thailand's government did nothing to stop the spread. Stop defending the indefensible. The Thai government has stuffed this up big time. The prison cases in particular are outrageously high and will continue to worsen. 

You are writing about theory, but I am writing about facts.

I posted data earlier showing over 50% of the new cases outside Bangkok BEFORE Songkran, but now 80% of the new cases are in the Bangkok region.

Chonburi had 141 cases BEFORE Songkran, there are 80 cases today.

Below is the case map BEFORE Songkran:

1C3004D0-94D2-47C7-8FD0-9EB01DAE7CDB.jpeg

5 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Yes of course you were ????

It was packed high season 20th Jan https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5mBvBx6hAQ

I just checked, and I didn’t take any photos of Phuket, it never occurred to me to take photos of a dead city. I was on a cruise from Singapore to Phuket and back on the Sapphire Princess.

BTW, January 25 is not the same as January 20.

Edited by Danderman123
  • Haha 2

Just now, Danderman123 said:

I just checked, and I didn’t take any photos of Phuket, it never occurred to me to take photos of a dead city.

BTW, January 25 is not the same as January 20.

^^^No words ????????^^^

Breakdown of daily new COVID cases during the past week May 23-29 for each of the areas listed in order on the chart below, along with the cumulative totals for each since April 1:

--all Thailand domestic COVID cases (Saturday was the highest number of the week)

--1. the subtotal of Bangkok province cases (Saturday was the highest number of the week)

--2. the subtotal of cases from Thai prisons (Saturday was the highest number of the week)

Screenshot_20.jpg.b8b8f9a1bb3e52644c84d7e3d0e28a57.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/informationcovid19/posts/334713361480328

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Marvin Hagler said:

A prediction of the next interesting element of this outbreak.

Many provinces with low cases are now up in arms because they have been out to the back of the queue for vaccines.

What if those provinces now realise they have shot themselves in the foot with low testing and change their approach in order to move themselves higher up the queue to get vaccinations.

Soinds crazy I know but could happen in a place like this. Will be an interesting theme to keep an eye on.

Talk about predictions, look a little further out in the future when 20% have been vaccinated. Thais are already fed up with social restrictions,  but the 20% vaccinated will really be a wild bunch to control. Some younger un-vaccinated individuals will join the party and the rest of us will have to go further into hiding until a jab is available for us.

46 minutes ago, Spock said:

80% of prisoners are in for drug offences, most minor. 'Doing a crime' does not mean that you should leave yourself open to contracting illnesses because the prison system is unconcerned about the welfare of prisoners and most prisoners sleep in conditions on the floor where they are almost on top of each other. As someone who has a Thai friend in poor health in prison, I find your callous and inhumane attitude to Thai prisoners reprehensible and unforgiveable. You sir are an <deleted> of the first order.

Everyone has been affected by the pandemic...both within and without prisons and there have been prison outbreaks in well run and funded ones in advanced countries and of course in over crowded ones in poor countries. Community living facilities are not places one wants to be during a respiratory virus pandemic. That being said, what's your solution...put them all up in private rooms at all the empty hotels in the country?

11 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

Because you have forgotten about the growing anxiety about the pandemic in January 2020.

You would argue with your own shadow I'm sure of it.

Hotel occupancy rate for the island Jan 2020 stands at an average of about 78.85%,

This was not much lower than the previous year

Thursday 16 January 2020

https://www.thephuketnews.com/chinese-new-year-arrivals-too-early-to-tell-says-tat-phuket-chief-74412.php

Edited by Bkk Brian
  • Like 2