Thailand reports 4,803 new COVID-19 cases, 34 new deaths

webfact

6 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

The numbers in Chonburi are in a month long decline. Yes, there are one day blips when a cluster is identified, but the trend is obvious.

Do you disagree?

FC651E50-7E50-4A74-912B-C93F4DABD45E.jpeg

Average daily cases in Chonburi have been rising steadily since 20 May.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pattaya Spotter said:

Not so good...but 60% are prison cases so easier to contain.

Contain?

That is the point, so high numbers bcos so highly contained.

By the photo illustration they arrive to carry on the model into the field hospitals too.

Forget about 1.5m distance, just squeeze the tight, so those who have a mild covid of one kind, may get infected with a different?

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

21 minutes ago, smedly said:

I trust the UK data, pretty obvious they did not under report and if anything possibly included some deaths that could have been categorized differently, the system in the UK for reporting deaths is vastly more secure and rigid than in Thailand

Actually the UK changed their rules for what counted as a covid death after a couple of months or so, can't remember, but the number went up. Can't remember the details.

2 minutes ago, tingtong said:

Contain?

That is the point, so high numbers bcos so highly contained.

By the photo illustration they arrive to carry on the model into the field hospitals too.

Forget about 1.5m distance, just squeeze the tight, so those who have a mild covid of one kind, may get infected with a different?

Because being infected by 2 different Covid19 viruses is so common.

Just now, dinsdale said:

Actually the UK changed their rules for what counted as a covid death after a couple of months or so, can't remember, but the number went up. Can't remember the details.

Wasn't it to do with if they died within 28 days of contracting covid the cause of death was deemed to be covid regardless of any other previous health issues ? I think in Thailand they may be assuming the opposite hence the very low figures.

4 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

Because being infected by 2 different Covid19 viruses is so common.

Called mutating and changing because one person has one variant and another might have another variant.  Easy to understand what he meant.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Excel said:

What a completely irrelevant and deflective post.

“those who have a mild covid of one kind, may get infected with a different?”

I was being sarcastic, since Covid-19 infection basically protects against a subsequent infection. It’s not impossible, just extremely rare.

Edited by Danderman123

16 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Try again, your not looking at each province before Songkran and after Songkran.  As I indicated prior to the big travel holiday many provinces had no cases and or had never had a case, but during and after well all 77 did.  Ball is in your court to disprove this.

15-0

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Excel said:

Wasn't it to do with if they died within 28 days of contracting covid the cause of death was deemed to be covid regardless of any other previous health issues ? I think in Thailand they may be assuming the opposite hence the very low figures.

The only thing I remember is that the numbers were adjusted up and up quite a bit.

17 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Try again, your not looking at each province before Songkran and after Songkran.  As I indicated prior to the big travel holiday many provinces had no cases and or had never had a case, but during and after well all 77 did.  Ball is in your court to disprove this.

Since this is the Internet, you are operating in an environment where if you find one datapoint in your favor (some province that had zero cases before Songkran and 1 case afterwards) you will feel vindicated.

My point is that Songkran had little contribution to provincial numbers. For example, all of Isaan has about the same number of infections now as on April 9. The North has less.

The bulk of new infections outside of prisons is in provinces near Bangkok, ie bedroom communities. The spread there has nothing to do with Songkran.

Chonburi infections are focused in factories near Bangkok, nothing to do with Songkran.

So, you may try to win Internet points, but you don’t seem to grasp the reality that Songkran travel did relatively little to spread the virus. Ironically, you will continue to spread Doom and Gloom about Bangkok hotspots while wailing about Songkran.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Haha 1

Since this is a government release, I will post the numbers for April 9, ie before Songkran:

401 cases were linked to entertainment venues clusters in Bangkok (82 Thais, 3 Koreans), Chiang Mai (5 Thais), Chiang Rai (2 Thais), Lampang (1 Thai), Nan (1 Thai), Phisanulok (1 Thai), Phetchabun (2 Thais), Nonthaburi (2 Thais), Pathum Thani (3 Thais), Lopburi (1 Thai), Ratchaburi (1 Thai), Samut Sakhon (3 Thais), Phetchaburi (3 Thais), Kanchanaburi (1 Thai), Prachuab Khirikhan (28 Thais), Chonburi (6 Thais, 1 Japanese), Samut Prakan (31 Thais), Rayong (3 Thais), Chachoengsao (2 Thais), Chantaburi (3 Thais), Trat (1 Thai), Sa Kaew (6 Thais), Samut Songkhram (1 Thai), Khon Kaen (5 Thais), Mahasarakam (1 Thai), Udon Thani (6 Thais), Ubon Ratchathani (6 Thais), Surat Thani (1 Thai), and Phuket (2 Thais). 

 Those who came into close contact with entertainment cluster infections: Nonthaburi (3 Thais), Pathum Thani (1 Thai), Ratchaburi (1 Thai), Prachuab Khirikhan (1 Thai), Samut Sakhon (1 Thai), Chonburi (8 Thais), Sa Kaew (5 Thais), Samut Prakan (5 Thais), Chantaburi (1 Thai), Nakhon Ratchasima (4 Thais), Phuket (1 Thai) 

 Not linked to entertainment venues clusters: Bangkok (40 Thais, 1 Iraqi, 1 Myanmar national, 1 Lao, 1 French), Chiang Mai (10 Thais), Nakhon Sawan (1 Thai), Nonthaburi (4 Thais, 1 Myanmar national), Pathum Thani (7 Thais), Saraburi (1 Thai), Petchaburi (1 Thai), Khon Kaen (1 Thai), Nakhon Patom (1 Thai), Chonburi (5 Thais, 2 Japanese), Udon Thani (4 Thais), Nakhon Ratchasima (2 Thais), Buriram (8 Thais), Chaiyaphum (2 Thais), Chumpon (4 Thais), Sa Kaew (2 Thais), Samut Sakhon (2 Thais, 3 Myanmar nationals), Samut Prakan (4 Thais), Lopburi (2 Thais), Ratchaburi (2 Thais), Rayong (3 Thais), Surat Thani (3 Thais), Songkhla (5 Thais)

end

So, I will let you find a province not on this list that had a case after Songkran, so you feel vindicated.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Excel said:

Just to go slightly of track a minute.  In another thread you were discussing about returning to the US and coming back here with 60kg of luggage again in August. Can I suggest that you ensure within that large amount of luggage you pack plenty of medication because as you may be aware delusionary symptoms are treatable.????

Say, aren’t you the fellow who blames Covid spread on Songkran, when 90% of the community cases are in and around Bangkok?

10 minutes ago, dinsdale said:

Please read carefully. Kalasin had no covid before Songkran. Now it's 106 with 2 deaths.

Sorry, here is the April 12th Covid19 situation map, clearly showing cases just about everywhere. Of the 1,000 cases reported, over 600 were in the provinces, only 400 in Bangkok. Yeah, I know, now somebody is going to complain that Songkran brought the virus into Bangkok from the provinces.

Note: the previous map I posted was from 2020.

CC8BBDAB-FF2E-4CBC-8D0E-A51C83848D66.jpeg

Edited by Danderman123
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

Sorry, here is the April 8th Covid19 situation map, clearly showing cases just about everywhere.

FB5455D4-254A-42EC-ABDA-958EFC1540EC.jpeg

My apologies. There was 1 if I remember correctly maybe 2. Nevertheless it increased post songkran. 70 infections and 2 deaths in the 2 wks following Songkran.

Edited by dinsdale
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

13 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

Since Songkran was over 6 weeks ago I suppose new infections are not directly related... but the surge in Chonburi, pushing the area into deep red lockdown late April  certainly was. 

You mean the surge on April 10 of 141 cases? Isn't April 10 before Songkran? 

IMG_20210529_112646.jpg

Edited by Danderman123

3 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

You mean the surge on April 10 of 141 cases? Isn't April 10 before Songkran? 

IMG_20210529_112646.jpg

Still not getting it are you, Songkran travel contributed to the spread that started when they found the UK variant.

Thailand’s leading virologist has warned that the upcoming Songkran festival could result in a new wave of COVID-19 infections.

https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/1212685-songkran-could-bring-new-wave-of-covid-19-infections-top-virologist-warns/

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Macrohistory said:

So what's your point with this Songkran red herring?  Are you saying that it was a sensible idea for the PM to encourage travel during Songkran?

Not a big factor, since the virus had already spread to the provinces. Not worthy of 2,000 mentions here. 

Just now, Bkk Brian said:

Still not getting it are you, Songkran travel contributed to the spread that started when they found the UK variant.

Thailand’s leading virologist has warned that the upcoming Songkran festival could result in a new wave of COVID-19 infections.

https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/1212685-songkran-could-bring-new-wave-of-covid-19-infections-top-virologist-warns/

He was wrong. The horse had already left the stable. 

• Haha 1