Thailand reports 4,528 COVID-19 cases, 24 deaths

11 minutes ago, FarFlungFalang said:

I'm not talking about cluster I'm talking about factories don't change the subject.Surely you have noticed the migrant workers protesting their treatment after being locked up in a bubble and seal in the news lately?The ones behind the razor wire?Who puts razor wire around field hospitals?They're not field hospitals they are detention camps.They're not called bubble and seal for nothing, they are sealed in until herd immunity is reached.

Just to be clear, you are saying that when a cluster is found in a factory, initial tests are made, the factory is sealed off, and no further tests are conducted until either everyone dies or someone sounds the “all clear” and the razor wire is taken down.

Alternatively, even if the factory is closed, workers are confined to their dormitories outside the factory, and the infected are shipped off to field hospitals. This would be the official policy.

Edited by Danderman123
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, club said:

At that pace they are dreaming if they can get 70% Full vaccination by the end of the year. I say mid 2022

Oh my goodness of course they won't be vaccinated by the end of this year.

They haven't even figured out how to get people to actually do it.  Imagine, 1200000 shots being administered by... who?!?!

Edited by Blumpie
Missed a zero!
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, wensiensheng said:

Agreed. But at the same time they aren’t all rushing to open up to tourists by an artificial date and claiming people are “vaccinated”, when in reality they have had only one jab. that is what is happening in Phuket.

The precious vaccine resources being used to try and achieve some kind of herd immunity in Phuket, so that the island can gain some financial benefit from imaginary tourists, would be far better utilized protecting those who are at genuine health risk, no matter what province they live in.....or their nationality.

if Phuket resident/businesses are suffering financially due to a lack of tourists, the government should provide the genuine hardship cases with financial assistance. Trying to use health resources for financial benefit is just sheer lunacy.

Most of us only have one jab, 63 percent as of today.  It's opening.  Cases are plummeting.  Literally falling off the cliff.

Phuket won't open.  Even if it does what on earth is it going to be?  Lameoid that's what.  

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

Just to be clear, you are saying that when a cluster is found in a factory, initial tests are made, the factory is sealed off, and no further tests are conducted until either everyone dies or someone sounds the “all clear” and the razor wire is taken down.

You were doing well until,  “until either everyone dies or someone sounds the “all clear” and the razor wire is taken down.”

in reality, my understanding is that anyone with severe symptoms is removed to a proper hospital (whether that happens in practice I don’t know) and then after a period of time, I assume 14 days or so, a la quarantine but maybe it’s longer, the razor wire is taken down and everyone released.

tbh, I don’t know if the authorities have thought through the release bit. The scramble was to incarcerate the workers within their camp/factory. Hence no thought to standby generators when the electricity failed, provision of proper food etc.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, wensiensheng said:

You were doing well until,  “until either everyone dies or someone sounds the “all clear” and the razor wire is taken down.”

in reality, my understanding is that anyone with severe symptoms is removed to a proper hospital (whether that happens in practice I don’t know) and then after a period of time, I assume 14 days or so, a la quarantine but maybe it’s longer, the razor wire is taken down and everyone released.

tbh, I don’t know if the authorities have thought through the release bit. The scramble was to incarcerate the workers within their camp/factory. Hence no thought to standby generators when the electricity failed, provision of proper food etc.

More than 500 Covid patients try to escape field hospital in Phetchaburi

according to this article, infected workers in a factory were sent to a field hospital.

1 minute ago, Phoenix Rising said:

A highly unscientific (in the sense that's it's primarily based on hearsay) yet compelling picture of fairly rampant spread of Covid is painted by basically all the people my wife interacts with in her daily life. That's everyone from the somtam lady, the market stall personnel, the True internet technician and the doctor in our local clinic.

They all tell stories about widespread Covid infection in our district (Pattaya/Banglamungand) of people infected not going to the hospital but rather riding it out at home.

To be fair, the people supposedly staying at home don’t know that they are infected. They might be feeling off color, have a cold or what have you, but without a test, they don’t know they are infected.

I wouldn’t put much stock in it tbh

5 minutes ago, Phoenix Rising said:

A highly unscientific (in the sense that's it's primarily based on hearsay) yet compelling picture of fairly rampant spread of Covid is painted by basically all the people my wife interacts with in her daily life. That's everyone from the somtam lady, the market stall personnel, the True internet technician and the doctor in our local clinic.

They all tell stories about widespread Covid infection in our district (Pattaya/Banglamungand) of people infected not going to the hospital but rather riding it out at home.

I have heard similar rumors going back to February 2020. If Covid is widespread in Pattaya, nobody told the hospitals.

Chonburi conducts over 1,000 tests a day, why isn’t there a high positivity rate showing up in their tests?

Edited by Danderman123

1 minute ago, Phoenix Rising said:

And I would suspect that is much the case around the world in countries that do not, or can not, provide adequate and appropriate health care facilities . Let's face it pictures and/or descriptions of Thailand's "Field hospitals" hardly gives confidence to anybody that their treatment will be effective with appropriate facilities and Thailand is hardly the worst place on earth for medical treatment, far from it.

4 minutes ago, Phoenix Rising said:

They all tell stories about widespread Covid infection in our district (Pattaya/Banglamungand) and of the people infected not going to the hospital but rather riding it out at home.

Not surprising.  I'd be doing the same as long as it was like a regular flu.

This disease you never know how it's going to affect you.  I've had 2 people who had it with few side effects - one it was like a bad flu.  The other was not too bad but still no taste after 4 months.

2 more - one in Nepal, dead.  Healthy mountain guide.

One just got off a ventilator after 3 plus weeks.  He said two words today.  We are all very surprised he is still alive.  

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, FarFlungFalang said:

They don't test after the bubble and seal they wait for herd immunity same a Samut Sakhon.That way they control the infection numbers as we've been trying to tell you but you refuse to listen

From today’s Pattaya News:

• A cluster at the Celeres company factory in Mueang Chonburi with 8 cases (second check of all staff previously negative who were quarantined)
  •  
  • Contact from Okumura metal factory, 16 cases (second check of all staff who were previously negative)

reports of updated testing at 2 factories.

9 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

From today’s Pattaya News:

• A cluster at the Celeres company factory in Mueang Chonburi with 8 cases (second check of all staff previously negative who were quarantined)
  •  
  • Contact from Okumura metal factory, 16 cases (second check of all staff who were previously negative)

reports of updated testing at 2 factories.

Were these factories under the bubble and seal program?If not the info you've posted is irrelevant.

• Like 2