Getting married online – What do you think ?

I hope I’m not breaking any forum rules by providing a web site link. 

This get married online web site was brought up in a recent conversation by a friend here in Thailand , when we were taking about travel restrictions during the current Covid situation. So if some one wants to legally marry a Thai national but cannot travel to Thailand to carry out an official marriage ceremony  The friend is saying that if some one who is not a Thai national but a foreigner and is living outside of Thailand wants to marry a Thai national who permanently resides in Thailand  , then this web site is offering a legal service that will produce the necessary paperwork that will be recognized and approve by Thai immigration .

So if Jim is living outside of Thailand and wants to marry Noi , who lives permanently in Thailand , but neither of them ( Jim or Noi ) can travel , this online service  could be the answer . 

Ive had a look at the web site , and I’m still not sure ????

https://online-wedding.com/

Any thoughts please. ????

• Haha 1

the concept of distant weddings is not new at all.

in Colonial times the “glove wedding” was possible. 

before being shipped off to the future husband who had already left for overseas, a couple would get married and the (usually) groom would be represented by a glove wearing person.

re website: Company in London, office in Utah.

would suggest to read up on Utah law, if that indeed is the state of registration, before entering contract.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Look for the ESC key, usually up left. Press it until your spouse becomes invisible. Then go to the Thai Friendly webite and browse. And think. And browse, And think...

Got it ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Unless they have changed the process I thought a foreigner had to be in Thailand a certain number of days before the marriage can occur.

They are not talking about a non Amphur Thai wedding are they ? Just a thought.

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

On 6/1/2021 at 7:33 PM, orchis said:

Thailand, as per your link, is NOT on the list of countries that accept the so-called apostille certificate.

Thanks , I missed that ????

On 6/1/2021 at 7:33 PM, orchis said:

Thailand, as per your link, is NOT on the list of countries that accept the so-called apostille certificate.

13 minutes ago, Bill Poster said:

Jim came over to Thailand with his parents about two years ago to meet Noi , after seeing Noi's posts and photographs on social media , after Jim returned back home he kept in touch with Noi via social media , both Jim and Noi are now 20 years old and have never been married before . Being apart from Noi is causing Jim great concern ????.

I think Jim is thinking with the small head, rather than the one he was intended to use.

For not much more than the fees they charge he could take a trip to Thailand and legally marry Noi.

How, where, they intend to live together is a completely different issue.

On 6/1/2021 at 10:11 PM, BenDeCosta said:

My "official marriage ceremony" involved me sitting in a child's sized plastic chair at the local amphur office for about 20 minutes.

Mine was a village ceremony where we sat on those straw mats on the floor for a good hour, although felt longer and then when I tried to get up, I realised how stretching for the previous 47 years at the time, could have helped me, as I needed a couple of helping hands for this stiff.

Registering it at the Amphur came later, a little forward thinking, e.g. got a massage beforehand, just in case we had to sit there in those plastic chairs for hours, although I was a little disappointed to be honest, e.g. no happy ending by the cute masseuse.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Tanoshi said:

Run Jim, run!

Whilst a bride dowry is an old cultural tradition, it is rarely practiced these days, it appears to resurface when the groom comes from an affluent rich family. All foreigners are rich.

20 years ago I almost married a Chinese lady, until dowry was mentioned.

I had no objection, but reminded them that in my Country the dowry tradition was for the brides parents to pay the grooms parents. 

That was the end of that relationship.

You cheap Charlie you !

• Haha 2