Registrations for Moderna jab hit 100,000 on first day

webfact

17 minutes ago, thesetat2013 said:

This just shows more proof that so many thai and foreigner do not want the free vaccine that Thailand is offering and even though times are hard because of the unnamed lockdown. People are more willing to take on the expense to get a proper vaccine using the little cash they are earning rather than take the free one being offered. It is a sad thing to think. But I am also one of those that registered for this moderna and like so many am afraid to take a chance with their free vaccine. 

And for what it's worth: on a science forum on vaccines topic, all the members in that thread, heavily populated with professional in related fields, were only getting phizter/moderna

4 minutes ago, nightfox said:

Can you walk in to a Thonburi hospital to register?

Give it go. Report back.

Suspect you'll be directed to use the LINE app though. But distracting medical personnel with your registration seems like a good way to go. Not.

• Confused 2

First they were saying 3000b all in.  Then it was 3500.  Now they are talking 4000 and sounds like at least another 500b on top of that for additional 'fees'.

Edited by shdmn
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Johnny Mac said:

I was in the company of a farang last night who reg for this yesterday and he was all very pleased and all smug with himself. Yes, he is a knob.

Thats a shame, he spoke very highly of you ! ????

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, LivingNThailand said:

It's a Line App.  Not secure. Forget about it.  why would you put your personal information on a Line App?  Line is great for arranging the gardener to come over or arranging lunch with friends, but personal information.  No way.

Life is a balance. Risk/reward. Up to you, or me, or them to decide what's safe and secure.

Now tell us all about the information you've given to Immigration.

Knob turned to 'off'.

32 minutes ago, shdmn said:

First they were saying 3000b all in.  Then it was 3500.  Now they are talking 4000 and sounds like at least another 500b on top of that for additional 'fees'.

Look, just to save you some time, spent bunching and unbunching your panties, expect to pay 10,000 baht all in, or less.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, LivingNThailand said:

It's a Line App.  Not secure. Forget about it. 

why would you put your personal information on a Line App?  Line is great for arranging the gardener to come over or arranging lunch with friends, but personal information.  No way.

Try to print a PGP encrypted letter using the name John Doe and send it separately from the key. Send it via two independent messengers that you hired using only cash and don’t forget to wear a cap, sunglasses and to hide behind a big newspaper when you find someone behind Hualamphong station. Hum the pink panther theme. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

Life is a balance. Risk/reward. Up to you, or me, or them to decide what's safe and secure.

Knob turned to 'off'.

He probably is on Facebook, WhatsApp and is using Google and Gmail every day. Genius. 

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

Look, just to save you some time, spent bunching and unbunching your panties, expect to pay 10,000 baht all in, or less.

Fine, where and when?

Here is the English translation of the site (I still can't register on LINE from computer....). The cost says "About 2,000 baht" plus doctor fee:

Thonburi Healthcare Group Public Company Limited opens registration for those interested in alternative vaccines. It is expected that the vaccine will be received in October 2021. 
The company has provided services with network hospitals across the country. 
However, THG recommends that you receive the vaccine as soon as possible by the government. and this alternative vaccine It may be used to enhance immune function afterwards.
The price of the vaccine is about 2,000 baht / syringe, including hospital and medical service fees. (Excluding doctor's fee) The doctor's fee depends on each hospital.   
Note: Registration can only be done for 1 LINE account per 1 registration right.
For those who are interested You can register via Application Line,
just search for Line id : @thginfo 
or add friends via Link :  https://lin.ee/sIF8kHP
Ask for more details. Business
hours: 08:30 – 20.30 hrs.
Call center : 02 – 719 – 7832 – 6 (5 lines)

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, mtls2005 said:

Most people have mobile phones and use LINE. Get used to it if you live here.

Now I'm off to pack my desktop PC to take with me on the BTS. Where's that extension cord?

Don't forget your mobile... ????

image.png.c67631610a6cd4b60c04abea30a2fc65.png

4 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

Over there, and soon.

I was addressing the whinging about pricing.

Seemed simple enough to follow, but I guess not in your case?

Well you put yourself forward as someone 'in the know' as to pricing...  didn't pick up it was all BS!

• Haha 1

When did Registering and  "have expressed interest " mean the same thing?  I completed an alternative Covid-19 Vaccine survey with Chiang Mai Ram hospital a few days.  Apparently this means absolutely nothing.  

• Like 2

The Minister of Public Health has declared in a parliamentary session that Thailand doesn’t have any budget restriction when it comes to vaccine procurement.............

so what is the holdup ???

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ikke1959 said:

he price is getting up.. first not more than 3000 THB included everything, a few days ago 1000 to 1500 THB yesterday 1500 to 2000 THB today 1800-2000 THB  excluded insurance and medical costs....   Who will get the extra money??

USA just gave Thailand $30m to help with CV19

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, bwpage3 said:

100% Money Grab trying to scam people.

The US has given away millions and millions of doses free.

The injection takes one second, why would there be additional fee's and health checkups?

Leave it to the Thai's to profit on anything they possibly can, even a pandemic.

LOL I know. I got my Pfizer shot in a supermarket. No need for blood pressure or temperature checks. Complete buffoonery but that is also why we love Thailand.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, mtls2005 said:

Just saying that Line app is not secure, there has been many articles about this.  Putting your name, address, birthdate and passport number on an unsecure format is just not wise. 

I don't use Line for Immigration.  do you?

4 hours ago, ExpatOilWorker said:
4 hours ago, MasterBaker said:

ลิ้งค์สำหรับลงทะเบียนวัคซีนทางเลือก Moderna
https://thg-vaccine-web.thonburibamrungmuang.com/

Send me to this site.......

Use your cellphone with the line app.  You can open line and scan this:

(you need to be able to read thai or have someone with you that can)

Screenshot (38).png

Edited by rwill
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, LivingNThailand said:

Just saying that Line app is not secure, there has been many articles about this.  Putting your name, address, birthdate and passport number on an unsecure format is just not wise. 

I don't use Line for Immigration.  do you?

But all of immigrations information on us has been (accidentally) made public at least 2 times.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, cocoonclub said:

He probably is on Facebook, WhatsApp and is using Google and Gmail every day. Genius. 

Use a VPN.  Don't use any banking apps.  Personally I feel that is financial suicide.    Facebook is a joke.  People putting all their personal information out there for the world to see.   I want to keep my personal information close to my chest.  Can't do that 100% but I make an effort  to keep in safe and not blast it around unsecure "apps".   

2 hours ago, clonetom said:

Most people have mobile phones and use LINE. Get used to it if you live here.

And I do use Line.  For things that don't need to be secure.  But my hospital information needs to be safe.

You guys kill me.