My neighbour killed herself yesterday opposite my house

Scouse123

1 hour ago, Scouse123 said:

She seemed a bit unbalanced, but I, like everybody else, just ignored her.

I don't blame you.......She's crying out for help, but we are not professionals.  Sure, we can try to help everyone, but that's impossible.  I wonder if we would help more back in our home country.......maybe, maybe not.   I've given thousands of baht worth of stuff to Thai friends, but then walk right by a guy who looks like he really needs 10 baht.  

difficult situation.  

• Like 1

We've got 2 friends with serious mental health issues.  One committed suicide, the other barely hangs in there.  Both were former yaba addicts.  Seems this drug really messes with your brain, and is now selling for something like 20 baht a pill in the villages.  These new ones are scary.

https://thethaiger.com/hot-news/drugs/new-yaba-pill-laced-with-crystal-meth-to-increase-potency

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

Sounds like she needed medication and help but sadly everyone ignored her

Perhaps she refused assistance if and when offered, working with people who have no insight into their Mental illness, even if they do attend for assessments and therapy. 

• Like 1

Part of life for humans is dealing with those who should not have survived, according to the rule of "Survival of the fittest".  

Humans and their medical advances continue to strive to keep even those with terminal conditions alive as long as possible. Pharmaceutical companies and hospitals are the only ones reaping the benefits. 

Illogical and even inhumane is many cases IMO

Peace

• Like 1

@Scouse123

From what you described, it's more like a mental health problem rather than financial problems.

In case your neighbour construction guy can't find anymore work, I know Chiang Mai needs construction workers as I have trouble finding them and they are always busy.

Edited by EricTh

2 hours ago, RJRS1301 said:

Perhaps she refused assistance if and when offered, working with people who have no insight into their Mental illness, even if they do attend for assessments and therapy. 

Maybe, but i see Beach road people with mental issues, I'm pretty sure they get happy pills

3 hours ago, Kerryd said:

Germany is apparently similar to Canada in that regards as it seems they take 30-35% of your salary from every paycheque. 

How is  a comparison of income tax related to this sad tale? 

I think a lot of folks are going a little crazy.   Especially extroverts who suddenly have to be at home all the time or most of the time.   We were  pretty much travelling year round for the past 5-6 years right up until almost getting stuck in Japan during the Covid flight cancellations.  Haven't been out of central Thailand in 15 months now.   Have even started surf skating and posting on TV again after a decade long hiatus....  which is basically like taking up knitting when you'd rather be snowboarding.

Edited by Heng
  • Like 2