Thailand begins massive vaccination drive despite shortages, concerns

webfact

vc1.jpg

By Cod Satrusayang

Thailand is set to begin its massive vaccination drive on Monday despite reported setbacks in production and distribution, the government has said through its official channels.

Massive vaccination centers have been opened throughout Bangkok and surrounding at-risk provinces. The vaccination drive will first target vulnerable populations and frontline workers.

Those registered to take the vaccine in low-risk or green areas have seen their scheduled appointment pushed back due to the low number of vaccines and public health priorities.

Full story: https://www.thaienquirer.com/28237/thailand-begins-massive-vaccination-drive-despite-shortages-concerns/

ti.jpg
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, BangkokReady said:

Now that the much anticipated 7th June has arrived, we'll hopefully get a daily total of jabs.

Also guess the TV will have live coverage of the runners as they try to race each other to the front of queues at the vaccination stations. ????????????

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, BangkokReady said:

Now that the much anticipated 7th June has arrived, we'll hopefully get a daily total of jabs.

I welcome a daily race between the number being achieved in the UK and that in Thailand.... that is where they need to be. 

We have yet to see if Thailand has any vaccine hesitancy, because of the one they will be using... it has been low in the UK. 

Edited by jacko45k
typo
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

On their best day so far they did 205,000. 

With a massive queue, and hundreds of sites, yes, I think 250,000 is reasonable.

Covid-Factsheet_3-June.jpg

I Am alll for them succeeding but unlike you do not have much faith as no doubt there will be some new excuse after excuse .

I am not sure if 2 idiots in charge are actually capable of organising it and coordinating to make it work. 

• Like 1

The realistic way for  a mass vaccination program o be successful is to have many and ongoing vaccination sites.  Thailand will have to do something to goes against the "Thai Way".  Distribute vaccines to selected local pharmacies and let the neighborhood pharmacists inoculate members of the community.  This can work with the Chinese vaccines which do not require ultra cold storage.  For those vaccines that require ultra cold storage then let hospitals can handle the inoculation.  Also, stop with all these registrations and let locals use their national ID's and let foreigners use their passports(both have DOB's???).  Underlying health conditions can be proven with a statement from a doctor or evidence of taking certain medications etc, etc.  Of course we are in LOS and this is currently not possible.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jesimps said:

You're lucky to have been given an appointment. My local hospital who hold my docs, say they have no instructions on vaccinating non-Thais. Suggested I try the Mor Prom....

Cluster...., just as I expected.

I am trying to be optimistic but wont be surprised if I am back home around lunchtime without a jab.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

On their best day so far they did 205,000. 

With a massive queue, and hundreds of sites, yes, I think 250,000 is reasonable.

They have already had 200,000 plus day! Wow, that is great news and the rollout has been bumpy to say the least. 10,000,000 total vaccinations by end of month! 25,000,000 by end of July, and 40,000,000 by end of August.  maybe I'm an optimist but think if you back at this post the last day in August and I won't be far off - 35-45 mil will have received a shot.

I've never met a disaster that was handled well but eventually things do improve.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, anchadian said:

In Bangkok their target is 70,000 inoculations a day from today.

I wish them luck.... 9-10 more of the same around the country and we got progress.

It appears to  me that Thai citizens have bee allowed to register for some time now and farang can only register beginning today.  Correct me if I have misunderstood the situation.  Given this is true then what was stated earler that farangs would get vaccine after Thais who wanted it got theirs.

I visited my local govt hosp. for the district on last Friday and they had no clue about how farang was to register and if or when vaccines would be available to administer.  They did say that they had been vaccinating Thais over 60 years of age for awhile at that time.  I left after providing staff with my Thai ID numbers, med records, and phone with promise to contact  me when they have info regarding farangs vaccination.  Thai punnee same as Mex manyana sometimes.

• Like 1