Expats over 60 urged to register for vaccine on Thai govt site

webfact

18 minutes ago, moe666 said:

Just give it a break, this reminds me of the big deal made about reporting your arrival within 24 hours o what a stink. If you waited a few months all was forgiven and a new requirement added that everyone was happy with. The same will happen with this fiasco in a few weeks everyone will be wondering why they lost sleep over a webdite off line.

How old are you, pal?

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, clivebaxter said:

If it had I would have been given an appointment date and time, it did not. I doubt anyone will get an email with the the date and time.

I would guess you will get a date and time although the time will be irrelevant.  Take a book or two with you.

1 minute ago, anchadian said:

I would guess you will get a date and time although the time will be irrelevant.  Take a book or two with you.

plus at least three packed meals and a sleeping bag.  

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, MRToMRT said:

Worked for me, for registration. I could not verify an appointment though because no appointment dates where available from the calendar.

So I presume you are registering to receive a vax , and to get a vax  you need an appointment time ?

So if you didnt get an appointment time , what do you do now ?

36 minutes ago, mlmcleod said:
  • MedPark Hospital (Available Now)
  • 3333 Rama IV Rd., Khlong Toei, Khlong Toei, Bangkok
  • Vimut Hospital (Available Now)
  • 500, Phahonyothin Rd., Samsen Nai,Phaya Thai,Bangkok
  • Phyathai 2 Hospital (Available Now)

appreciate you just copied this from somewhere, but MedPark and Vimut are NOT available online, they do state full/have closed their online registrations. Haven't looked at Phyathai 2 but i guess it will be more of the same. 

Has someone under 60 without any of the chronic conditions successfully registered in Bangkok? If so how and where? Do these places accept registrations in person on location as in it may actually be worth the risk of travelling there?

Does it make any difference that I am covered under Thai social security, do have a pink ID card and paid income taxes when employed (not that it should matter).

There will be more urgent cases and waiting to a degree is fine, but i have to say i'm seriously upset with the racist/nationalist discrimination and blatant incompetence on daily display from the unaccountable authorities. Guess i'm not the only one.

4 minutes ago, zaZa9 said:

So I presume you are registering to receive a vax , and to get a vax  you need an appointment time ?

So if you didnt get an appointment time , what do you do now ?

Keep trying

Been trying to register all day, its nearly 6pm and it still refuses to accept any dates, and now it won't let me past the log in page. What a farce!

Edited by Smee

Just did the online registration 

it did not ask me if I had any chronic illnesses

Also maybe someone can help me with a retirement extension what visa am I on

my book has non imm  for organization I put retired

Is that correct

"…At present, Thailand’s Ministry of Public Health is offering Sinovac and AstraZeneca vaccines to both Thais and foreigners…".

Does that mean you can choose between Sinovac and AstraZeneca? ????

3 minutes ago, kingstonkid said:

it did not ask me if I had any chronic illnesses

In the appotiment request part of the app.

I understand you ALSO have to take proof with you to the hospital when getting the Vac. The proof you take should not be more than 1 year old according to the government spokesman today. 

I did pretty much what everyone else did.  Entered all the details as asked.  Company "individual".  Said I had Thai Insurance - I have a covid policy.  My address is In Nakhon Ratchasima but it didn't seem to care.  I choose the AZ vaccine and cycled through the 3 hospitals until PhayaThai had dates (from 22- end of June).  Chose 22 and was told no vaccines available.  Was going to change to Sino but then decided to try 23rd with AZ and hey presto, an appointment - subject to confirmation email.  All seems a bit hit and miss.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NewGuy said:

I’ve gotten well into ThailandIntervac.com; I put in my Pattaya address, now it wants me to choose a hospital from 3 Bangkok hospitals. Advice please. Cheers

Wait, it's Bangkok first.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, fcbkk said:

but MedPark and Vimut are NOT available online, they do state full/have closed their online registrations. Haven't looked at Phyathai 2 but i guess it will be more of the same. 

I posted my "successful" ie with date and time appointment booking on line a few posts further back, this was done after 5 pm today, ie less than an hour ago. Yes, calendar was all greyed out at Medpark and AstraZeneca had been fully "booked" so what remained available was Sinovac and Phyathai2 (I did not try Vimut.) To further elaborate all this was done on Firefox browser. I had started around 3pm ("opening time") was loggin/out a number of times but the site allowed me to pick up where I left off each time.

In short, if you want a date (not greyed out) I think at this point (possibly) the available combo is Sinovac @ Phyathai2.

Edited by watthong

19 minutes ago, fcbkk said:

but i have to say i'm seriously upset with the racist/nationalist discrimination and blatant incompetence on daily display from the unaccountable authorities. Guess i'm not the only one.

I saw Westerners at Med Park today.... I’m assuming they received their vaccine (or were just their with their wife).

I received my vaccine today, before my wife and before my In Laws and before many of my Thai friends.

Despite a series of U-Turns and some seemingly xenophobic announcements (Thai first etc) there was no racist/nationalist discrimination on show today based on my first hand experience (registered with the Mor Promt app last month with Pink ID).

Edited by richard_smith237

4 minutes ago, zenobit said:

"…At present, Thailand’s Ministry of Public Health is offering Sinovac and AstraZeneca vaccines to both Thais and foreigners…".

Does that mean you can choose between Sinovac and AstraZeneca? ????

You've just read the utter despair of at least 50 people who have  wasted  a day and achieved Nothing , part of Nothing , or the promise of Nothing , and you ask this ?

The obvious answer appears to me to be , "YES ! You can even have both ! Just complete the online registration and get yourself an appointment time ..."

Looks like I missed it, Thought it was to easy to register to be good!

Name

MR. MARK 

Visa type

NON-IMMIGRANT VISA

VACCINE BOOKING INFORMATION

Date

01 JAN 1970????

Place

-

Time

-

Status

Wait for an email confirmation 

7 minutes ago, Gashead said:

Was going to change to Sino but then decided to try 23rd with AZ and hey presto, an appointment - subject to confirmation email.  All seems a bit hit and miss.

When did you do that? Was it earlier in the afternoon, or within the last hour or so?

This is amazing Thailand>>>all other countries were going through this <deleted> 7 months ago but at least they had a plan...Thgailand is way behind the 8 ball....good luck folks..you might get a vaccine in 2023

14 minutes ago, Gashead said:

Chose 22 and was told no vaccines available.  Was going to change to Sino but then decided to try 23rd with AZ and hey presto, an appointment - subject to confirmation email.

Wow, now it resembles how to get the best fares on CheapOAir! Congrats. I did change my date to 23rd but no avail. AZ had been fully booked. This was after 5 pm.

Edited by watthong
  • Thanks 1

Just one more example of the government's ineptitude in handling the vaccine rollout.  There was no 'mass vaccinations' today, because the word 'mass' would imply that you have a lot of vaccines with which to vaccinate.  I have clicked on the "Opens 5pm" link on the website at least 10 times in the past hour, and it is dead.  After all of these years in Thailand, I should not be dumb enough to think that it would work, should I??  ????

• Sad 1

15 minutes ago, jesimps said:

I've just registered on the Intervac website and have been given the following appointment:

"NON-IMMIGRANT VISA

Date

01 JAN 1970

Place

-

Time

-

Status

Wait for an email confirmation from [email protected]"

I don't know whether to scold or pity them.

Is that your date of birth?

I thought this was for over 60s.

7 hours ago, worldview said:

Just one more example of the government's ineptitude in handling the vaccine rollout.  There was no 'mass vaccinations' today, because the word 'mass' would imply that you have a lot of vaccines with which to vaccinate.  I have clicked on the "Opens 5pm" link on the website at least 10 times in the past hour, and it is dead.  After all of these years in Thailand, I should not be dumb enough to think that it would work, should I??  ????

I successfully registered 20 minutes ago...no problem.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, kingstonkid said:

Also maybe someone can help me with a retirement extension what visa am I on

my book has non imm  for organization I put retired

Is that correct

Yes that's correct.

Just be sure to have seen that kind of message at the end of the process, and you're good ????

Date

01 JAN 1970

Place

-

Time

-

Status

Wait for an email confirmation