Pre-registered vaccine recipients’ appointments cancelled before inoculations began today

webfact

24 minutes ago, webfact said:

A number of pre-registered vaccine recipients received phone calls late this morning (Monday), notifying them of the cancellation of their vaccination appointments, with no new appointment being made.

All those called had registered days in advance, and the lists of recipients on given days were sent to inoculation sites around Bangkok prior to the first day of the mass vaccination of its residents.

The number of doses provided was reportedly fewer than expected.

Perhaps the man should start reading Thaivisa news forum.

The above thread just started. Bit funny really

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, timendres said:

But, but, but...

1 vial (10 or 12 vaccines) per location can be heralded as a success for the start of the mass roll out.

The government has never said how many they planned to do one the first day, only 70% of the adult population by September or all Thais by year end, or was it the other way round I'm never sure with all the announcements, contradictions and clarifications.

As was mentioned in another paper, NBT World, 4,000,000 doses distributed, 4,190,000 doses given to date (OK so they've used all), now looks like they are starting today with tomorrows supply. 

(1) Facebook

They just don't have enough vaccine . Only 280 AZ vaccine delivered to Samui , vaccination appointments due today cancelled until further notice . The 280 went to Thai's .

Samui Tesse Bahn don't know when more vaccines will arrive , hopefully more later this month  . Over 60's can now be vaccinated with Sinovac vaccine not only AZ .

drove my in-laws (80's) to the tambol hospital. only 4 people of our village had registered.
there were 90 people total , in one hour it was done.
astrazeneca. no left-overs.

Edited by orchis

It was to be expected things would not go smoothly today. Hopefully, still get things done much faster than in the past and AZ can be produced in larger scale within this month or next. In the right direction but poor execution as it often is the case.

2 hours ago, Karma80 said:

The supply problem in question being....we never ordered anything until it was too late and the rest of the world is being mean by not allowing us to jump the queue.

Just shows they can't just push in where /when ever they like as is pretty well normal for most Thais 

As I wrote just before they actually started ordering vaccines, has Thailand figured out who is going to do the job?  

Golly, no eh?  

Go figure!  

Next they will be bellyaching because vaccines will be expiring.  Wait for it!

1 hour ago, richard_smith237 said:

Went to plan for my Brother in Law and Myself today.... My Wife gets her vaccine tomorrow and Mother and Father in Law get their vaccine next week (all in Bangkok).

Sweet !  What did you fancy ?