Thailand reports 2,680 new COVID-19 cases, 35 new deaths

webfact

REUTERS9.jpg
File photo: A person receives the second dose of Sinovac's COVID-19 vaccine at the Kodang stadium in Bangkok, Thailand June 4, 2021. REUTERS/Athit Perawongmetha

Thailand on Wednesday (June 9) reported 2,680 new COVID-19 cases and 35 additional deaths over the past 24 hours.

● 2,400 new infections

● 280 prison / prison infections

Wednesday’s cases bring the total number of COVID-19 infections in Thailand to 185,228 with 1,332 deaths.

The news comes as fines for not wearing surgical or cloth masks in public have been made official. They were announced in the Government Gazette on Monday.

logo.thumb.jpg.58700f12f9218149b3e2f82126b72e4d.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2021-06-09

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Victornoir said:

Summary of upcoming comments,
  - They hide the truth.
  - Not enough tests.
  - As I predicted..
  - I don't believe those numbers.
  - Thailand cannot succeed where the West has failed.
Blah blah.

Dont forget vax which stated yesterday is sooo slow!!! 

• Like 1

Confusion reigns as Thailand’s 3 million expats wait for their shots

Many government figures have announced that all 3 million of Thailand’s foreign residents can join the mass COVID-19 vaccine drive, provided they check arrangements before popping up at inoculation venues where the supply of doses may be limited.

However, most expats are very confused about what steps to take, and government spokesman Anucha Burapachaisiri is now telling non-Thais to wait until things become clearer.

The latest tip from Information Department deputy director-general Natapanu Nopakun is: “Look into details before going to the venues,” because several inoculation schemes are being launched for foreigners and each one with different conditions.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, anchadian said:

However, most expats are very confused about what steps to take, and government spokesman Anucha Burapachaisiri is now telling non-Thais to wait until things become clearer.

Confusion reigns in the fact that the registration website for here in BKK is only working for some and seems to have more glitches in it.  I have tried to reload the page over a dozen times since yesterday and still get the same note on the page: 

image.png.91a0ec407977c2205f0e2cb6be62bcda.png

1 hour ago, Victornoir said:

- They hide the truth.
  - Not enough tests.
  - As I predicted..
  - I don't believe those numbers.
  - Thailand cannot succeed where the West has failed.
Blah blah.

all very accurate - well done 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Often the comments are about the number of new cases ... but I look at the number of new deaths each day with concern ... daily having to tell myself: "But for the grace of God ..."

Frustrating that vaccines exist, but here they are unobtainable.

• Like 1

The BMA has released the latest vaccination statistics for the 25 special medical centers set up away from hospitals:

DAY 2: 13,539 people

TOTAL SINCE 7 JUNE: 26,591 people

#COVID19 #โควิด19 #โควิดวันนี้ #Thailand #Bangkok

https://twitter.com/ThaiNewsReports/status/1402460976578842625

1 hour ago, rabang said:

As far as I know numbers staying steady like this for weeks is as probable as a coin landing on its side. Usually either they go up or down but never stay flat.

If someone says the curve is going down it is just an illusion of scaling. A difference of a few hundred is nothing.

Wait, Danderman is on his way. He will explain.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, ThailandRyan said:

Phuket seems to have stopped reporting any cases whether 1 or 0, have not seen a report including them in a few days, very strange.

They are immune now.

50 Trillion Chinese are boarding their flights to arrive soon.