Death of billionaires at Koh Tao: New details emerge as police carry out poolside reenactment

webfact

6 hours ago, webfact said:

Two fellow staffers from Myanmar came to help and rescue calls were made to a foundation. Hospital staff over the phone gave basic instructions on how to perform CPR.

I can see which way this is heading. Myanmar? The police should look at the Koh Tao mafia. Too many unsolved murders on a small island. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tropicalevo said:

From another paper it is said that Rakeshwar was still alive when he was transported to the hospital and died shortly after arriving.

Not sure if I can publish the name of the paper.

It still looks like a very sad case of lady drowning, husband tries but fails to save her from the bottom of the scuba diving area.

Husband struggles to exit the pool.

From the reconstruction pic it is even possible that he 'floated' towards the exit.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Pedrogaz said:

I am always mystified by the immense, misplaced faith that the police (and maybe the judiciary and public) place in these re-enactments.  They seem to be simply photo ops for the top brass.

Police "we will leave no stone unturned"

Police "Somachai, put your swimming trunks on fast! we need to get to the bottom of this"

Any chance the son some how found out the cctv's were down prior to changing hotels.   Did they make the first hotel mad by not paying for the full booked stay minimums?  Renactment, was the son forced to be there.  If innocent that would be quite a dramatic process to be forced to go through again.  Would a uncharged HiSO have to do a reenactment?   Wouldn't the family lawyer fly down ASAP?  

Edited by Elkski
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, RandolphGB said:

Very suspicious that both were able to swim yet both died. Further, a luxury hotel that hadn't been maintaining the CCTV is odd.

I read yesterday that the cctv, yes you guessed, wasn’t working????

• Like 1

"In addition the husband was found first and only some time later was the wife discovered under the water in a different location."

Really?  How damn big was that swimming pool, not to notice another person in it.  Something damn fishy going on here. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Really?

That mean he was separated from his mobile phone. And possibly for more than an hour!

I don't think I know many young people who would allow that to happen.

Those who go in a kayak would probably want to leave their expensive toy ashore. I would.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, JimmyJ said:

The only way I can see this as related to swimming and not to foulplay/poisoning/electrical etc.  is:

Person 1 started to drown - e.g., stomach cramps.

Person 2 tried to save #1.

#1 grabbed hold of #2 while struggling for air and they both drowned.

Unlikely but - thinking back to my Junior and Senior Lifesaving swim courses - that is one danger when trying to do a water rescue (We were taught a method of dealing with that situation).

It's not unlikely at all Jimmy. I think it's the most plausible explanation of them all.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Silencer said:

Maybe a minor point....but how does the staffer know it was the son calling out in a panic and not, say, the father? More than 10 minutes passed until the second cries for help, also from the son, alerted the staffer and the first body found. IF it was the father we would know he was alive at that time (she saw no one). 

Good point!

9 hours ago, thequietman said:

This way the phone can't be used to show where he was located at the time. Unless there are eye witnesses to say they seen him walking on the beach - then this needs to be pushed further.

It's very sad and very strange. ????

Also, a good point!

5 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Really?

That mean he was separated from his mobile phone. And possibly for more than an hour!

Correct and good point! If are kayaking around some nice reefs in clear water, you'd have your phone in one of those watertight photo bags and try to get some Nemo photos, no? Leaving the phone behind is very, very, very unusual... also given the fact they certainly were businessmen and billionaire certainly would hate to miss a (possibly important) call... If it smells like a rat, it possibly is a rat...

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, khaowong1 said:

"In addition the husband was found first and only some time later was the wife discovered under the water in a different location."

Really?  How damn big was that swimming pool, not to notice another person in it.  Something damn fishy going on here. 

The wife was found at the bottom of the deep end opposite from where the husband was. Looking across the pool, at a shallow angle, sunlight and refraction in the water would make her very difficult to see until some went to that end and looked down into the water. 

This is the reason why in most western public swimming pools, at least one lifeguard is sat on a high perch in order to overcome this problem.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Elkski said:

Any chance the son some how found out the cctv's were down prior to changing hotels.   Did they make the first hotel mad by not paying for the full booked stay minimums?  Renactment, was the son forced to be there.  If innocent that would be quite a dramatic process to be forced to go through again.  Would a uncharged HiSO have to do a reenactment?   Wouldn't the family lawyer fly down ASAP?  

Two great extra points! Did the son find out about the non-working CCTVs prior to the "tragedy", and perhaps they really p#$$ed off the owners and staff of the first resort to a point where face was lost, or perhaps their new choice was a resort of an enemy clan and someone wanted to make a "statement"???

Given the gruesome murders and "accidents" happening to foreigners on that godforsaken rock in the past, one knows that on Koh Tao you could be killed for the most ridiculous reasons, i.e. looking at someone the wrong way, making someone lose face, being into a (preferably young and blonde) girl one of the island's mafia kids has already "booked", opening a business (or planning to do so) that would "interfere" with a business owned by the rock mafiosi... etc...

Perhaps the unfortunate family came not only for holiday but to do business there as well and talks turned "sour", or their plans were found to be "too intrusive and ambitious"???

Food for thought, folks, food for thought... 

Edited by Freigeist365
  • Like 2

Would have thought that if going Kyaking on your own the last thing you would Not take

with you would be your mobile.

The forensic pathologist will know now if they drowned or not, but how hard will he look for 

other reasons

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Silencer said:
11 hours ago, webfact said:

At 3.49 pm hotel staffer Airadar Jaimen heard the son calling in a panic four or five times from the pool area. She looked out but didn't see anyone. 

Maybe a minor point....but how does the staffer know it was the son calling out in a panic and not, say, the father? More than 10 minutes passed until the second cries for help, also from the son, alerted the staffer and the first body found. IF it was the father we would know he was alive at that time (she saw no one). 

In the Thai version of the Daily News story, it just says the staffer initially heard a man's voice crying out several times over a period of about 12 minutes but couldn't see who it was. It wasn't till the end of that period he finally saw the son calling out from the pool area. He ran there and saw the father lying on his back in the stair area of the pool.

1 hour ago, Moonlover said:

Those who go in a kayak would probably want to leave their expensive toy ashore. I would.

People who live in Thailand are used to Songkran and water protection of their phone.

And if they really don't want to take it with them then I would guess they leave it at their home or hotel.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, katana said:

In the Thai version of the Daily News story, it just says the staffer initially heard a man's voice crying out several times over a period of about 12 minutes but couldn't see who it was. It wasn't till the end of that period he finally saw the son calling out from the pool area. He ran there and saw the father lying on his back in the stair area of the pool.

Maybe the cries the maid heard were the father trying to save his wife and he exhausted himself and died on the steps trying to get out.  

I wonder if the son has a GF?  Why didn't he bring her for a vacation trip?  

• Confused 1

7 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:
12 hours ago, webfact said:

the son who wanted to rent a kayak. They took his phone and bag for safekeeping. 

Really?

Unless I have a very waterproof container, my phone never goes kayaking with me.  Some places that rent kayaks will provide one.  Others don't offer them.

1 hour ago, impulse said:

Unless I have a very waterproof container, my phone never goes kayaking with me.  Some places that rent kayaks will provide one.  Others don't offer them.

I wouldn't take my valuables to the beach, or on a sit on top ocean paddler you will get wet without a dry bag for sure.