If you do not wear a helmet while using a motorbike...????????

2 hours ago, The Cipher said:

I don't know how to ride a motorcycle. But I do track cars and have completed a bunch of performance driving courses. Would consider myself a pretty skilled driver, but I still wear a seat belt every time I'm in a vehicle.

It's a low effort habit that protects against asymmetric downside risk. Would think putting on a motorcycle helmet is the same situation - and it can look cool too!

Only use seat belt in my truck going into the city I don't have a seat belt on my bike, knocking about in my truck locally I don't wear a seat belt, my truck is not performance related.

As they say "Up to you"  that's what I like about where I live in Thailand.

Edited by Kwasaki
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Kadilo said:

Best just concentrate on what you wear and leave others to make their own decisions. It’s their head at the end of the day and their life they are putting at risk. 

What is this obsession of people worrying about what others are doing. 

It becomes an issue when tax payers foot the bill for medical expenses. Not sure how much it applies to Thailand. My biggest problem is with children as passengers or riders. Adults including government are expected to look after them. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

I always wear my seat belt... there really is no reason not it, its not an inconvenience at all. 

I understand ‘why’ people would want to ride without a helmet, its just more pleasant. But, I can’t understand why people do ride without a helmet (if that makes any sense). 

As very bare minimum ALL times - Helmet, gloves, trainers (even when popping 700m down the road to the 7-11).

I may or may not wear the full face helmet. 

IF hitting a major road..... ALWAYS - Full Face Helmet, Gloves (with skid guard), Motorcycle boots (causal sort), riding pants (with knee and hip impact projection)...   

If not going too far I don’t use the jacket. 

If going further than 20mins away, I’ll also use the Jacket with back protection. 

I like riding without the gear, but also, I don’t like riding without the gear !!! 

Fair call and as I said I wear a seat belt or helmet laws aside and it's a choice I can make here,  in UK no choice.

I'm not trying be clever or dis-courage anyone that does things in a sensible way.

I enjoy the freedom where I live I no doubt in places like Bangkok and all other big Cities in Thailand safety is a priority.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, worgeordie said:

I have a friend , whose wife was just popping out to 7-11 down the road, thought she did not need to wear a helmet as was only 5 mins away, and fate struck, well a pick up truck, she

had head injuries ,and 2 years later she is still been taken care of in a care home, which is costing my friend a lot of money every month, so you should always wear a helmet, EVEN if you are just popping out around the corner,

regards worgeordie 

they think wearing a MASK i better !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Sad 1

On 6/18/2021 at 11:04 AM, Kadilo said:

Calling other people stupid who may have a different view to yours or make different decisions shows even less intelligence imo. 

We have to share the world with many people whom we disagree with in many different scenarios. Resorting to the everyone who doesn’t agree with me is stupid argument just shows frustration that they cannot control other individuals. 

Some people also believe the world is flat, I disagree... I think those people are stupid too. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 6/17/2021 at 3:23 PM, Kwasaki said:

Everyone can make assessments of the scoot or motorbike journey where they live it's not rocket science. 

Lack of training and skills in using machines is what is lacking IMHO. 

What a stupid statement, you cannot assess whether on a 2 minute or a 2hour journey whether some Neanderthal in a pickup is going to plough into you whilst arguing with the wife on his phone. This has nothing to do with your assessment of the journey.