French Embassy in Bangkok to vaccinate French nationals aged over 55 in Thailand

webfact

18 minutes ago, bimmerbob said:

Seriously though, what tangible roles has any British Embassy played during the covid pandemic, for the benefit of its citizens?

Well, yes, umh, but, well, absolutely, there again, yes, so...

The one really tangible thing the British Embassy (and by extension the Foreign and Commonwealth Office) could do, should do, would be to publicly, loudly and persistently remind Thailand and the rest of the world, that the Thai government assured them that foreign residents would be treated exactly the same as Thais when it came to the vaccination programme (as Thais have been in the UK); and that pledge has been openly broken!

"No vaccination - you are a foreigner"!

Chang Rai government hospital operated vaccine centre ( in Big C mall) 1100 hrs on the 7th of July.) Stated by an official from the Ministry of Public Health!

Edited by herfiehandbag

11 hours ago, Thailand said:

I expect the UK will soonbe offering the same service to British expats over the age of 97.

Followed by the Australians and the Swiss. Sorry, the SWISS and the Australians, the Australians care even less for their people abroad...

Edited by UTH001

10 hours ago, tonray said:

The trend had been quite clear ever since the suspension of the 'Income Verification" letters. The US/UK/AUS....couldn't give a hoot about their citizens abroad.

As a US citizen, I disagree having had five-star, personal experiences with counsular officials in Bangkok.

If I have an axe to grind, I don't swing it indiscriminately in the hopes of hitting the desired tree. Specifics from personal experience can add a bit of credibility.

• Sad 1

UKs excuse is /will be....we have No money ...after of course a certain Bogus J...(new bedroom carpets and now he wants a super yacht)...sold the Bangkok Embassy off a couple of years ago...for almost half a Billion Quid....Dont foget we are "subjects"....not as like in France ....Citizens..                                                                                                              https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-42886466

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, placnx said:

9 months: Let's hope that that will give them enough time to top up with a Pfizer or Moderna booster.

Perhaps in 9 months it will be enough to overcome the Covid epidemic, the J&J vaccine however gives more guarantees of not having negative effects as it is still a traditional vaccine, so personally if I could choose it would be the favorite.

10 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Been my plan all along.

Let private enterprise into any situation and profit motive will get things moving. 

10k per shot of preferred vaccine given at private hospital ......sign me up.

I'll bring the gf also. 

English people do not have access to the NHS will out of the country saving the NHS millions of pound. Yes the English Government l think should provide the same service as the French Government.

Although I'm not in the UK I Still pay UK taxes from my investments.

• Like 1

no WHEN though is there ? thai private hospitals wont have any vax until Oct.

french holding millions of perfectly good AZ jabs for months  ......useless mfs

political AZ jabs cancellation in france due to extreme antiUK jealousy.

cue thousands of unnecessary french deaths for macrons “ feelings”.... 

UK developed successful AZ when french & german companies failed......

believe it only when you see it done......

11 hours ago, Denim said:

Only until they discover there are two 98 year old Brits here.

Then the bar will be adjusted to 99.

That is unfounded! The British Embassy only require 97 year olds an over to fly back to the UK to obtain Citizen ID which will be an RFID chip implant, however, the British Nationals that qualify for the free jabs will need to ensure that their RFID tracking device is working correctly so will be required to fly via Australia, Antarctica, North Pole, France, Indonesia as part of the conditions.

The Brits are not offering any of the main Covid vaccines either, they have developed a much cheaper one from cultures taken from Boris Johnsons spittle and semen.

Edited by Formaleins
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 2

I chuckle at the irony of this. I'm sure there must a French person or 2 living in an around Sakon Nakhon. Now if they wish to take up this offer from their government, they will have to do a round trip of some 330kls to Udon Thani to get their 'free' vaccinations.

If they stick with the plan they might find they will get 2 shots of AZ at their local hospital also free and without the long journey. I'm off to my local hospital in the morning to have my 1st shot, confirmed this morning by phone.

This could be a case of 'he who laugh's last, laugh's longest'. ????

11 minutes ago, Rinrada said:

UKs excuse is /will be....we have No money ...after of course a certain Bogus J...(new bedroom carpets and now he wants a super yacht)...sold the Bangkok Embassy off a couple of years ago...for almost half a Billion Quid....Dont foget we are "subjects"....not as like in France ....Citizens..                                                                                                              https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-42886466

Yes, and the grounds the original Embassy was on was given to them by the Royal Thai Government at the time

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Benmart said:

As a US citizen, I disagree having had five-star, personal experiences with counsular officials in Bangkok.

If I have an axe to grind, I don't swing it indiscriminately in the hopes of hitting the desired tree. Specifics from personal experience can add a bit of credibility.

They haven't done squat for the USA expats in general. And charged me $50 bucks for an address affidavit, you might think that some simple services to make life easier for Americans would be included in our tax dollars which of course pay for those extravagant parties at the Consulate residence.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Moonlover said:

I chuckle at the irony of this. I'm sure there must a French person or 2 living in an around Sakon Nakhon. Now if they wish to take up this offer from their government, they will have to do a round trip of some 330kls to Udon Thani to get their 'free' vaccinations.

If they stick with the plan they might find they will get 2 shots of AZ at their local hospital also free and without the long journey. I'm off to my local hospital in the morning to have my 1st shot, confirmed this morning by phone.

Perhaps they could do the same as in the UK where  someone visited the home of the registered person  then have the injection at home.

8 minutes ago, Moonlover said:

As far as i know, vaccination is not compulsory. So they can have their free shots of AZ at local hospital if they want it that way.

1 minute ago, Chalong circle said:

As far as i know, vaccination is not compulsory. So they can have their free shots of AZ at local hospital if they want it that way.

And I'm sure they will. 

14 minutes ago, Percy P said:

Yes, and the grounds the original Embassy was on was given to them by the Royal Thai Government at the time

Yes....Bogus should not have been allowed to sell it....and that was when he was just a "junior clown" in the gov....now he is the ringmaster and does what he likes....but I will not go into that ..any further... wrong time and place..

• Like 1

4 hours ago, itsari said:

One British Subject , ok, that changes everything . 

Certificate only in French and Thai ? How will the majority of countries accept the certificate when they can not read it when travelling ?

Maybe it's a way to get an EU vaccine passport in France or here, or a local one.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, doctormann said:

Seriously, the British Embassy should get off their backsides and arrange something similar for UK expats.  You might think that they would be shamed into doing something but I guess that the chances of anything happening are slim to none!

They couldn't give a <deleted> about their own people

11 hours ago, tonray said:

The trend had been quite clear ever since the suspension of the 'Income Verification" letters. The US/UK/AUS....couldn't give a hoot about their citizens abroad.

You're wrong there, the UK have never been concerned about their citizens abroad, sad to say.  ☹️

• Like 2

3 hours ago, KhunMorris said:

Never going to happen for the UK. Thai sexpats aren't a priority. Think of the precedent it would set for the 1m Britain that live in Spain or the 500k that live in Pakistan. Never going to happen.

Sincerely 

MORRIS 

Certainly there would be sense in helping UK citizens in countries where there is a crisis: India, Pakistan, Burma, countries in Africa. It's a long list, but if public health people were allowed to arrange it without political interference, it should be possible.

11 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Hats off to the French.

Mind you it's just salt into the wound for this down trodden Aussie lad. Hoping in vain that his useless Oz embassy would ever step up to the plate

you got that right They just have to get the bloody ambassador off the golf coarse But you are right that Aussie embassy is useless 

• Like 1

Hats off to the French.

Mind you it's just salt into the wound for this down trodden Aussie lad. Hoping in vain that his useless Oz embassy would ever step up to the plate

Don’t hold your breath, the local hospital rang this morning to advise they will give me the AstraZeneca on Friday.

North Chiang Mai Province

Hats off to the French.

Last month the oz govt' donated a large sum of money to the thai government to assist with covid 19 issues. 

They will NEVER help their own citizens. Get real

3 hours ago, PeeJayEm said:

Hypocrytes! - Trust the French to be two-faced.  These were the ones in EU shouting out loudest against vaccine nationalism when it suited them then.

To paraphrase Ferris Bueller, they could be fascist anarchists for all I care. It doesn't change the fact that I don't have a vaccine.