Had my Vaccine today.!

arick

1 minute ago, EdrigoSalvadore said:

Why did you get vaccinated? You look healthy. 

I asked on Tuesday regarding vaccines. While I was looking for my x partners newly born niece. The nurse that is usually a bitch. Took my ID card and photo copied it... And five minutes later called me and told me I had an appointment for Astra Zen the next day.

I was the only visible  farang. 

I always knew living in a small province like Chiayaphum that I would get the vaccine much faster then living in Bkk or a bigger populated province. There were other younger healthy looking people getting vaccinated also. 

• Like 2

On 6/23/2021 at 8:25 PM, Puccini said:

How many days or weeks between your first jab and the appointment for the second one?

My wife got her Astra vaccination on 22 Jun at Bang Sue station.  Her second shot is on 22 Sep.  So 3 months.

I got the Sinovac vaccination on 22 Jun at Phayathai 2 .  My second shot is on 20 Jul.  So 1 month.

54 minutes ago, clivebaxter said:

Have thy started to mass vaccinate 50 year olds? I thought they were only doing above 60 year olds and health risks first. Next door neighbor is going next week, she's 27. 

Many people under 60 have had a vaccine many have recieved it through their Company  or work  place. PTT has vaccined their 6000 employees. 

1 minute ago, arick said:

Many people under 60 have had a vaccine many have recieved it through their Company  or work  place. PTT has vaccined their 6000 employees. 

The OP does not look like a company appointment, the roll out appears to be a shambles from what I have seen. 

• Like 2

On 6/23/2021 at 9:09 PM, josthomz said:

So the really important question - did you add her LINE? ????

It's comments like that which explain why the world is so over populated. 

She might be a nice person but I'm sure your implication was that he might have considered having sex with her, and no matter how pleasant a person she might be, why on earth would anyone choose to see her naked (let alone choose to have sex with her!).  

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, arick said:

I always knew living in a small province like Chiayaphum that I would get the vaccine much faster then living in Bkk or a bigger populated province. There were other younger healthy looking people getting vaccinated also. 

Disagree, in my province it's still very much 'Thai Only'. I have been unable to register on any app or website, have visited the local clinic and hospital twice to be told sorry Thai FIrst, so I think the smaller provinces will suffer a while yet as all resource and available vaccines will continue to go to BKK and surrounding clusters.

Also I am 66 and have 3 of the big 7 but Thailand obviously does not care. I have not been able to register so they are unaware of my situation due to their blatant bias, despite what they say in public.

I'd put your success down to luck.

• Like 2

I think it has nothing to do if you life in a small or big province!
It's more like luck or win the vaccine lottery. I am one of to the lucky ones, but I understand everyone who complains about.
But it's not against foreigners, as even many Thais not have a chance to become the vaccine.

Of course I am happy that I have my vaccine already, but there are others who in reality should have their appointment before me...

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, seancbk said:

She might be a nice person but I'm sure your implication was that he might have considered having sex with her, and no matter how pleasant a person she might be, why on earth would anyone choose to see her naked (let alone choose to have sex with her!).  

She's 50, I doubt if she'll be contributing to the world's population again.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, clivebaxter said:

The OP does not look like a company appointment, the roll out appears to be a shambles from what I have seen. 

You maybe have be looking in the wrong place, myself and several expat friends have received our first AstraZeneca shot from the local hospital.

Very orderly and professional not a shambles in site.

2 hours ago, Saltire said:

Disagree, in my province it's still very much 'Thai Only'. I have been unable to register on any app or website, have visited the local clinic and hospital twice to be told sorry Thai FIrst, so I think the smaller provinces will suffer a while yet as all resource and available vaccines will continue to go to BKK and surrounding clusters.

Also I am 66 and have 3 of the big 7 but Thailand obviously does not care. I have not been able to register so they are unaware of my situation due to their blatant bias, despite what they say in public.

I'd put your success down to luck.

Not disagreeing because too many of you have had similar experiences and it is very wrong and unfortunate for men like you, at your age, with pre existing conditions. I hope you get your jab soonest.

But, I did not to suffer any of that " Thais first " in the upcountry province of Kalasin.

They had their share of the vaccine and locals up here have been slow on the uptake with old wives tales and superstitions lingering.

I did have a small running battle to get registered, but once agreed I should be in the ' hallowed ' computer and it swung into action, fast, efficient, kind and friendly.

I did say, in slight contrast to another poster, that the pink ID card was very useful in MY case.

13 minutes ago, Scouse123 said:

Not disagreeing because too many of you have had similar experiences and it is very wrong and unfortunate for men like you, at your age, with pre existing conditions. I hope you get your jab soonest.

But, I did not to suffer any of that " Thais first " in the upcountry province of Kalasin.

They had their share of the vaccine and locals up here have been slow on the uptake with old wives tales and superstitions lingering.

I did have a small running battle to get registered, but once agreed I should be in the ' hallowed ' computer and it swung into action, fast, efficient, kind and friendly.

I did say, in slight contrast to another poster, that the pink ID card was very useful in MY case.

Thanks

The Thai first is actually a quote from the health workers so that is what they have been told to say. I would add that in my cluster of small villages I have heard of no one getting a jab, and I am not the only one getting this treatment. 75% of the village is Laos and Myanmar migrants, who are also not being allowed to register till Thai are done. The poo yai was refused at the main amphur for no supply.

I agree though there is still a very big faction of people who do not want any of the current 2 choices. It was also claimed by the governor that very few actually wanted the jab so only a few thousand were in the intial order, and unbelivably, only enough for 10 people in the second delivery - 1 vial.

Total fiasco, just as well I am a patient person, so far.

4 hours ago, MrJ2U said:

Rumors of doctors not recommending that people having Sinovac vaccines be included in the "Sandbox" plans.

Is that the reason Pattaya just ordered 100.000 doses of it???? Next Pattaya " Sandcastle " at least not " Sandbox ". 555555????

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, seancbk said:

Les gouts & les couleurs ne se dicutent pas......

• Confused 1