Thailand to shut construction sites, seal off camps to contain virus

webfact

2 hours ago, ourmanflint said:

All this will do is increase the infection rate inside the camps to almost 100% if the infection rate reported from Suan Lung is anything to go by, 198 out of 233 tested positive there.

This is totally barbaric. 

All the more reason to keep them confined. This is what Singapore did to control viral spread in its migrant worker camps. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Just now, hotchilli said:

And what about all the filthy covid infested daily markets that spread infections far and wide.

You want them closed too? I thought the construction sites were responsible for far more infections than the markets. The markets are the only place people can go shopping for many, so rather a necessity. There are measures at the markets, but as is the case here, crowding breaks it down.

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1

Just now, hotchilli said:

Come to my local wet/vegetable markets... no measures what so ever... complete and utter chaos as normal.

Internal markets and street markets.

I guess they all vary.... mine is a covered area and quite a few measures employed....far from perfect though. Markets like the soi Buakhao and Threpasit I have not visited since this all began. But getting people to keep their distance is impossible, even in BigC. 

41 minutes ago, Tropicalevo said:

And - 'The labour ministry will compensate for the costs of halting construction projects,'

So who gets the cash? The owners and the high paid Thai workers.

You can bet your bottom dollar that the migrant workers will not be payed! 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1