Thailand announces new restrictions in Bangkok, other provinces

Jonathan Fairfield

5 hours ago, CrunchWrapSupreme said:

Where's the vax? That's what we really need. About 45% of the US is now vaccinated, and so everywhere's reopening. Amazing considering how at one time we had the highest rate of infections.

These small, occasional shipments from China are ridiculous. Why can't larger supplies be secured, from other sources? Why can't the manufacturing be done here?

Because it’s a risk that you will get a shot of lao khao then.  

Where's the vax? That's what we really need. About 45% of the US is now vaccinated, and so everywhere's reopening. Amazing considering how at one time we had the highest rate of infections.

These small, occasional shipments from China are ridiculous. Why can't larger supplies be secured, from other sources? Why can't the manufacturing be done here?

About 45% of the US is now vaccinated, and so everywhere's reopening. 

In UK almost 60% are fully vaccinated and the cases are rising........ almost 20.000 a day despite of sufficient supply of vaccines (no China stuff of course) Delta says Hello, mainly because Boris let 2400 people into UK though tested positive. "Unfortunately" they left faked adresses about their accomodation of being quarantied. ????

41 minutes ago, BestB said:

Do not forget chain reaction it creates

Implied, but not at all forgotten. It's the obvious "fallout" and "trickle down" of the proprietors closing forever. Oh well...it's always been true that bad times upon Thailand equates to more value and spending power for me. As I'm just along for the ride...just sit back, relax, watch the ????-show and enjoy it. 

Edited by Skeptic7

Construction sites should have been shut down months ago. 

Are real estate developers above the law? Do they have the ear and unconditional support of the goons? Have those same goons finally figured something out? Do we really need more buildings, when most of these developers cannot sell or rent a unit, to save their lives? 

• Like 2

I just wonder, how long do Thais watch their absolutely hopeless government.

Hardly saw a bigger fiasco while the same government people rob all state coffers blind with "lamp post gate", submarines into shallow waters, airport extensions for passengers who shall not arrive ....... pathetic! 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

Construction sites should have been shut down months ago. 

Are real estate developers above the law? Do they have the ear and unconditional support of the goons? Have those same goons finally figured something out? Do we really need more buildings, when most of these developers cannot sell or rent a unit, to save their lives? 

Well look at it this way. All these major construction projects require concrete, which in turn requires cement. Who is one of the largest pseudo monopolistic cement suppliers in Thailand ? Then go from there 

• Like 1

Why can't larger supplies be secured, from other sources? Why can't the manufacturing be done here?

Just remeber where you ar e and you get the answer

• Like 1

A post containing content that was copy and pasted from Bangkok Post has been removed:

26) The Bangkok Post and Phuketwan do not allow quotes from their news articles or other material to appear on Thaivisa.com. Neither do they allow links to their publications. Posts from members containing quotes from or links to Bangkok Post or Phuketwan publications will be deleted from the forum.

An off topic post with content copy and pasted from some source has been removed. 

Some troll posts with misleading information have been removed. 

5 hours ago, brewsterbudgen said:

Sure. But why didn't the PM include Chonburi in last night's order? Or do you think the Governor will do it unilaterally? 

Why do tourists from BKK flock to the Prachuap region this weekend while the hotels were deserted in the past few weeks, this is the real question to ask?

How can you expect to control the spread of the epidemic if all leisure travel remains open?

Edited by ICELANDMAN

42 minutes ago, sawadee1947 said:

About 45% of the US is now vaccinated, and so everywhere's reopening. 

In UK almost 60% are fully vaccinated and the cases are rising........ almost 20.000 a day despite of sufficient supply of vaccines (no China stuff of course) Delta says Hello, mainly because Boris let 2400 people into UK though tested positive. "Unfortunately" they left faked adresses about their accomodation of being quarantied. ????

in fairness if they tested at the same rate as here they would probably only have 2000 cases per day ????????

• Like 1

6 hours ago, CrunchWrapSupreme said:

Because the affluent nations that invested in the vaccine development withheld their support for a waiver on the intellectual property rights. Seven months down the line and they are still arguing the toss.

If it wasn't for Chinese donations many countries wouldn't have had any vaccine till much later, if at all.

"As of November 2020, Eswatini, Kenya, Mozambique and Pakistan officially co-sponsored the proposal, which approximately 100 countries have now welcomed or fully supported.However, several of the WTO’s larger members, including Australia, Brazil, Canada, the EU, Japan, Norway, Switzerland, the UK and the US had withheld their support. Following the US’s decision to reverse their decision on the proposal, these other countries have come under pressure to lend their support to the temporary waiver also."

"In September 2020, Oxfam reported that wealthy nations representing just 13 percent of the world’s population had bought up 51 percent of the promised doses of leading COVID-19 vaccine candidates."

https://www.europeanpharmaceuticalreview.com/article/156412/waiving-covid-19-vaccine-intellectual-property-rights/

4 hours ago, tonray said:

I think that was filmed during rainy season on Lat Phrao road in Bangkok...

"(sees some farang start escaping on rented jet ski)"

The jetski breaks down, and the rentor wants 10,000 Baht to fix the small scratch! (TIT)????

• Haha 2

22 minutes ago, sandyf said:

Because the affluent nations that invested in the vaccine development withheld their support for a waiver on the intellectual property rights. Seven months down the line and they are still arguing the toss.

If it wasn't for Chinese donations many countries wouldn't have had any vaccine till much later, if at all.

"As of November 2020, Eswatini, Kenya, Mozambique and Pakistan officially co-sponsored the proposal, which approximately 100 countries have now welcomed or fully supported.However, several of the WTO’s larger members, including Australia, Brazil, Canada, the EU, Japan, Norway, Switzerland, the UK and the US had withheld their support. Following the US’s decision to reverse their decision on the proposal, these other countries have come under pressure to lend their support to the temporary waiver also."

"In September 2020, Oxfam reported that wealthy nations representing just 13 percent of the world’s population had bought up 51 percent of the promised doses of leading COVID-19 vaccine candidates."

https://www.europeanpharmaceuticalreview.com/article/156412/waiving-covid-19-vaccine-intellectual-property-rights/

Now the spread of vaccinations in the US has dropped almost to a trickle.  In about 15 of the 50 states there is a 70% vaccinated populace whereas in the rest, some only have around 15-20% and those don't seem to want to get vaccinated.  Thus some vaccines must be getting close to being outdated and useless so they should be shipping those overseas.  Thailand has indicated that they have

ordered some of the US vaccines but that they won't arrive until the end of this year (maybe).  I am more than willing to pay for my and my family jabs in Chiang Mai but the Hospital still has not

vaccines available.  I noted that yesterday there was a report of 2 people vaccinated with the

Chinese vaccine are now infected with the virus.  As a note, if you have been following the US

news about the collapsed building, there were many from S. America, some that had come to the

US just to get vaccinated, now they seem to be lost.  I only go out to get food/water, wear my mask

all the time when out of the house, wash my hands often when outside, am healthy and my family

follows the same practices so hopefully we can avoid the virus until such time that we can get needled.  Just hope the variant D+ doesn't zoom into Thailand.  Hope all stay safe and survive this pandemic in a sane manner, unlike some of the news stories.

• Like 1

I think this is a good decision albeit it 2 weeks to late,  they have looked where the clusters are and sealed them to stop it continuing to get out of the dormitories without killing the fragile economy, in 4 weeks time they can look again and adjust up or down.

Prayut now i have covered your corner can me and my British friends have a jab because sure as eggs BJ is not as compassionate as Macron.

In anticipation i thank you sir on behalf of expats who are happy to stay in your wonderful country and will continue to spend to help out

• Haha 2

Again no dine in in the restaurants but they can have a party with up to 20 people ?? A lot of smaller restaurants don't even have 20 customers in at 1 time so what's the difference . I think the time for those stupid half wit solutions has passed , it's close everything for at least a month or just let it go and ride the storm until there are enough vaccines. I know it will not happen but the time for those in charge to leave has come for a while already . Mr P and Mr A in my mind hope those clusters will stay so there won't be any mobs because i think they know(not sure because they are to dumb to know the front from the back)that as soon as the virus is taken to a halt , that there will be big mobs happening because more and more people are getting fed up with them . They don't want to say it now but when there can be gatherings they will go out and protest for sure . 

• Like 2