Quarantine for arrivals from certain provinces to Chiang Mai

EricTh

What if you come straight from ASQ quarantine? I wonder if you would still need to quarantine? You get 3 covid tests in Quarantine hotel. We are flying from Bangkok to Chiang Mai straight from the quarantine hotel.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, EricTh said:

Chiang Mai Governor Charoenrit Sanguansat has ordered, as of this morning, two checkpoints set up into the city of Chiang Mai – at the Saraphi and Don Chan intersections

Nice from him to give the locations of the checkpoints .

Like this it is easy to avoid them ...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tedly said:

What if you come straight from ASQ quarantine? I wonder if you would still need to quarantine? You get 3 covid tests in Quarantine hotel. We are flying from Bangkok to Chiang Mai straight from the quarantine hotel.

I did ASQ in BKK November.

Straight to the airport, BKK Air to CNX

No issue

Now ???

3 hours ago, nobodysfriend said:

Nice from him to give the locations of the checkpoints .

Like this it is easy to avoid them ...

So in this case you choose to believe he will do what he says, but not in others. So convenient you have the choice.

8 hours ago, Tedly said:

They will set up a check-point on the highway your plane lands...

The check stops on the highway are only a minor annoyance ,I go that way 2 or3 times a week and never more than a minutes wait . They had them last outbreak also . GOOD JOB to the men and women doing this . 

• Haha 1

"All travellers entering Chiang Mai from the 10 Dark-Red Provinces must undergo COVID swab test on arrival...."

I know for a fact that at least one plane landing yesterday from Bangkok did not require any passengers to test upon entering Chiang Mai. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Trujillo said:

"All travellers entering Chiang Mai from the 10 Dark-Red Provinces must undergo COVID swab test on arrival...."

I know for a fact that at least one plane landing yesterday from Bangkok did not require any passengers to test upon entering Chiang Mai. 

I just went to Arcade bus station and asked the ticket booth personnel there about any quarantine if we go to Bangkok and come back to CM. The answer was affirmative.

More on this today:

"Travelers entering Chiang Mai from Bangkok and other Highest Control Strict Measures areas will also have to present an approved CM 4 form (see below) signed by a health official in the area you are departing from. (copy of CM4 here:

https://www.chiangmaihealth.go.th/.../coronavirus_form_cm...)

You therefore require two forms to enter Chiang Mai, the above CM4 and the form mentioned in the announcement earlier accessed via the QR code in the infographic.

Acceptable vaccination status is considered to be one dose of Astra Zeneca or two doses of Sinovac.

You may test for COVID before your arrival but certificate must not be older than 72 hours."

https://www.facebook.com/covid.int.cm/posts/335920564641005

Regarding the arriving plane personnel not requiring a swab, could that be because to fly one is required to provide a negative test to board?  I live in Bangkok and the airline told me two days ago to fly to CM one needed a covid test.  

10 hours ago, ptcarter said:

Regarding the arriving plane personnel not requiring a swab, could that be because to fly one is required to provide a negative test to board?  I live in Bangkok and the airline told me two days ago to fly to CM one needed a covid test.  

The official announcement is what I have already posted above.

However, implementation is a different thing, why not go to the airport check-in counters to see whether anybody is handing over the covid test?

On 6/30/2021 at 7:46 AM, Trujillo said:

Maybe the starting date is 1st July and not 29th June.

Wait a minute, now you complete ASQ one will have 3 PCR test results.  So if I complete ASQ with 3 negative PCR tests and immediately go to the airport to fly to CNX then I have to quarantine again  How about if one has been fully vaccinated(this could be me soon)? 

1 hour ago, sqwakvfr said:

Wait a minute, now you complete ASQ one will have 3 PCR test results.  So if I complete ASQ with 3 negative PCR tests and immediately go to the airport to fly to CNX then I have to quarantine again  How about if one has been fully vaccinated(this could be me soon)? 

Same same but (not) different. ????

6 hours ago, Trujillo said:

Update: The people on that flight were all notified later and were tested. 

So are you saying they were tested for Covid on that day?

Does anyone know what procedures the Chiang Mai train station personnel are taking for people stepping off the train from Bangkok, other than the App registration and informing you that you must quarantine for 14 days?  Unlike flying from Bkk where a negative PCR test is required, the train station in Bkk said a PCR test is not required to board a train to CM.

It seems that the Indian variant is here which spreads fast. It was reported to be more infectious than the UK variant which started the 3rd wave.

From 1st July, the number of new virus cases is around 6000  everyday.

Edited by EricTh

The fourth wave delta variant has just started this month. 

26 people tested positive in CM on 6 July where previously it was only 1 or 2 cases each day in CM.

It seems the authorities aren't doing very well in the 14 days quarantine implementation.

Edited by EricTh
  • Like 1