Moderna at private hospitals: It'll cost 3,400 baht for two jabs, can pay from Thursday

webfact

In the morning on October 1st, I will go to my local private Hospital with 3,400 baht in cash and ask if they want to do business?

They can then give the next available jab to one of you pay-in-advance guys or add another 3,400 baht to the hospital's revenue. 

I better wear a shot sleeve shirt, it is just so much easier!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MrJ2U said:

I prepaid 3,800. Two weeks ago.  Hopefully im in front of the line.  

Research yesterday the Moderna and Pfeizer vaccines may offer years of protection.

"Years of protection" will be afforded by all coronavirus vaccines, via B ad T cell activity. 

You want to hope the government has already ordered Moderna. Any orders made now will not be delivered until next year. 

6 minutes ago, watthong said:

If that's the case, you can sign up and pre-paid 2,400 for both jabs starting Thursday.

Is that 2400 typing mistake, or do Thais pay 1000 Bht less for the same thing?

4 minutes ago, DavisH said:

"Years of protection" will be afforded by all coronavirus vaccines, via B ad T cell activity. 

You want to hope the government has already ordered Moderna. Any orders made now will not be delivered until next year. 

Delivery estimate is October-December.

We ordered 2 weeks ago and the slots were sold out in 6 hours.

This round may be later.

Anything is better than Sinovac which is almost useless.  Even the Chinese government has admitted to its low efficiency rate.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, DavisH said:

"vaccines, via B ad T cell activity. "

yeah right.

16 minutes ago, ExpatOilWorker said:

In the morning on October 1st, I will go to my local private Hospital with 3,400 baht in cash and ask if they want to do business?

They can then give the next available jab to one of you pay-in-advance guys or add another 3,400 baht to the hospital's revenue. 

I better wear a shot sleeve shirt, it is just so much easier!

Private hospitals won't work like that.  If you want Moderna you are going to have to pay up front.

People will be offering 10,000 baht by the time they get a hold of Moderna.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, DavisH said:

They haven't ordered it. They lie about everything. I will be getting my Vaccine in the USA. Wanted to get it before my travels but you cant always get what you want

Could book for Moderna vaccinations at private hospitals on Monday.  A friend and I both booked early Tuesday.  Private hospitals aren't receiving the vaccinations for free from the government.  This is an alternative supply line to provide Moderna from October of this year.  
Otherwise, Sinovac, Astra Zeneca or Sinopharm through public hospitals with no promise of when.  

• Like 1

We bought ours two weeks ago at Udon Thani Bangkok Hospital for 3,800.

No refunds but you can pass it on to another person.  Im sure there will be plenty of takers once the Delta and Delta+ variants take off like they have in India.

Small amount for a proven Vaccine.

8 minutes ago, richthai said:

Could book for Moderna vaccinations at private hospitals on Monday.  A friend and I both booked early Tuesday.  Private hospitals aren't receiving the vaccinations for free from the government.  This is an alternative supply line to provide Moderna from October of this year.  
Otherwise, Sinovac, Astra Zeneca or Sinopharm through public hospitals with no promise of when.  

....And who knows if you'll get the second vaccination.  Like most Thai people I have very little trust in the government.

11 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Well it is good news in a way, but I am concerned about putting 100% down on this. 

Is it worth getting a proven vaccine?

Thats a cheap night out in Thailand (pre-Covid).

People who have gotten Sinovac are getting COVID-19.  I guess Astra Zeneca is a bit better but its hard to get.

11 hours ago, realfunster said:

I see your point but this is private sector and I assume they may need to be paying full amount or deposit upfront to vaccine suppliers. Unlikely demand will not be there, but I presume they don’t want to be ordering a load of vaccines which are then not used resulting in a financial loss. 

Of course, we have the option to wait for the public sector to provide our vaccine….

There are so many articles maybe I miss one?  I've read articles that private hospital have urge the government to allow them to purchase vaccines themselves like Pfizer and Moderna. I've also read articles from government leaders suppliers can only deal with Government so unless  miss something the Thai Government will obtain the vaccines in this case Moderna and then distribute it to the private hospital.

If this is the case it somewhat smells that the private hospital want a deposit like taxes or VAT pay later as you inject or sell. The private hospital are there to make money instead of taking a chance which is what capitalism is all about they want a sure thing?????

It's a fluid situation with an experimental drug.   What if a study comes out that paints a particular brand slightly negative?   They're just hedging.  Just business.

(in regard to the deposit 'thing')

Edited by Heng

4 hours ago, placnx said:

Even if you got Covid, you should get a single dose of Moderna (or Pfizer). It will provide more lasting immunity.

I don't know where you are getting that information as I have no seen a single shred of evidence suggesting it does, apart from Dr Fauci's mouth, but I wouldn't trust him if my life depended on it.

Once you have natural immunity, i.e. if you do get infected with Covid remains for as long as it does, these vaccines have only been out for 6 months and they cannot say how long immunity will last, so I fail to understand why anyone would suggest the vaccine once you have been infected when they themselves can't say how long immunity will last from the vaccine, sounds like a lot of spin to me, i.e. unless I can see a credible link with perhaps a peer reviewed paper on it.

2 hours ago, mtls2005 said:

Stick a fork in this one. Maybe next year?

"Singapore, the Philippine, Thailand and Taiwan are among those that have sought or signed deals for Moderna or have already begun receiving vaccine batches."

9 minutes ago, 4MyEgo said:

As I said above until I see a peer reviewed paper via a link, I won't believe it, it's too early, the vaccines as I said, have only been around for 6 months.

I also understand what you are saying with regards to the mutations, but natural immunity will cover those mutations from what I have read up on, as it is the natural wild virus you get, not the vaccine.

Eh?

• Confused 1

12 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

The government?

Its citizens?

Which government and which citizens?

As far as I know everybody in Thailand is supposed to get free vaccination. It just takes time.

We don't live in a so called 1st world country. And looking at 1st world counties like i.e. the USA and the UK and am happy about that.

Well if you are happy with Sinovac then good for you but that
don't mean 70 million Thais agree with you even and because as  you say they don't live in the first world. Btw, do the US or UK arrange vaccine tours abroad?

Felt