Thailand reports new daily record of 57 coronavirus deaths; 5,533 new cases

webfact

5 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Again a salesman type pitch regarding schools. Thinking you would be hard pressed to find one expert that would support opening schools in Bangkok right now. 

Doesn't stop you from slipping in ....."not many here in government care much about education"

"Salesman"? What am I selling? Just giving my opinion.  

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, brewsterbudgen said:

Not "everything", although I don't think banning dine-in eating will make much difference. I've accepted that not many here or in the government care much about education! 

I care about educating my child but I also worry that my kid gets infected at school and brings it home. As previously stated Kalasin opened schools on the 14th of June and closed them yesterday. 7 infections found in one school. Re-openning is said to be the 13th of this month but I doubt it. 

• Like 2

Just now, dinsdale said:

I care about educating my child but I also worry that my kid gets infected at school and brings it home. As previously stated Kalasin opened schools on the 14th of June and closed them yesterday. 7 infections found in one school. Re-openning is said to be the 13th of this month but I doubt it. 

I doubt it too! ????

51 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

Again, oh dear..... 6000 soon? 

they would have to ramp up testing to see numbers like that, they do not have the capacity - I believe 20k tests a day is it

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Olmate said:

Pattaya News gives a good coverage and timelines everyday. Markets ,workplaces in Sattahip,Sri Racha and  Thai restraunts seem to be main focus. 

Sattahip and Sri Racha are counted separately from Pattaya/Banglamung. Pattaya news doesn't go into detail usually about where the Pattaya/Banglamung cases/clusters are being found.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, ThailandRyan said:

Yes they are, aren't they. Working very well at allowing it to spread......

I reckon let’s close all restaurants but keep all markets open so people can rub shoulders 

• Haha 1

Just now, Misty said:

You may well be right that they (decision makers) simply don't care.  Or perhaps they're under tremendous pressure to get the economy going somehow from elite business-owners who are already fully vaccinated and don't understand or care about the hurdles involved. 

You may find that elite business is not affected by lockdowns, it are the small businesses that are affected.

The other day I read a report on Yahoo finance, and there was said the same. Big businesses had done a roaring trade during the corona lockdowns in the US, while smaller businesses had struggled to keep their head above water, and many had gone under.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Susco said:

You may find that elite business is not affected by lockdowns, it are the small businesses that are affected.

The other day I read a report on Yahoo finance, and there was said the same. Big businesses had done a roaring trade during the corona lockdowns in the US, while smaller businesses had struggled to keep their head above water, and many had gone under.

7-11 which is owned by you know who, has doubled their business , now see 7-11 delivery bikes everywhere 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Ohyesuare said:

Sattahip and Sri Racha are counted separately from Pattaya/Banglamung. Pattaya news doesn't go into detail usually about where the Pattaya/Banglamung cases/clusters are being found.

So tell us where were the Banglamung cases for eg.yesterday? 

1 hour ago, spidermike007 said:

Still no sign of flattening the curve. 

Yet, they did nothing to prevent the mass migration of workers from the construction sites, after it was announced they would be closed. Until now. Too little, way too late.

And they are very late to the game, when it comes to ordering the higher quality vaccines. They are stuck with the Sinojunk. I have spoken to many Thai people who will not take it. They know it is junk, we know it is junk. A true bottom of the barrel choice.

The AZ vaccine is a high quality vaccine, and looks set to be the most widely used

The Sinovac vaccine is ok.

Misinformation.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, BestB said:

7-11 which is owned by you know who, has doubled their business , now see 7-11 delivery bikes everywhere 

Planning also on opening 700 new stores by December, of course 5 within walking distance of us have closed during the pandemic so far, so they must just be replacing closed shops elsewhere.

49 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

What's causing the rise in Bang Lamung/Pattaya? 

Is that markets or......

I would like to know that too

mostly from walkins people who are actually ill - so for every one of those how many others have they infected - if Delta or Beta then pretty much everyone they have been close too because both are highly infectious 

Where what and when - critical

This is the sort of information people need to know - hiding it is counter productive but no - by keeping a lid on it they think it makes them "not" look bad ............................... it actually makes me very angry

• Like 1