Thailand reports 6,087 new COVID-19 cases, 61 more deaths

webfact

6 minutes ago, Guderian said:

I hate to say this as it sounds very insensitive, but the government and its CCSA puppet are clearly unconcerned about daily case numbers, the only thing that is going to force them to take the action needed to get this outbreak under control and accelerate their inadequate vaccination programme is a very large spike in daily deaths. I don't believe the Thai people will stand by and accept the government's inaction when hundreds, or even thousands, of them are dying every day. It's an unfortunate thing to have to say, but they are sleepwalking into a disaster at the moment and the politicians need a very sharp kick up the backside to wake them up to the growing mess that is reality here.

In agreement 100% with you.

4 minutes ago, smedly said:

The only other choice after that could be returning to you home country - you then be rinced upon your return to Thailand 

If I was say USA, I may have done that already.

My issue is that being Oz and not married to a Thai, the Oz gov may not allow me to return to Thailand. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

If I was say USA, I may have done that already.

My issue is that being Oz and not married to a Thai, the Oz gov may not allow me to return to Thailand. 

If you.ve been here a good whileu don.t  need permission at all

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, irishman25 said:

sorry to say it only started and now with the new Delta virus taken hold and it will very quickly you all have to be more careful all over 60yrs more so this in now no laughing matter and take any vaccine that is offered, up to you now  

Problem is none are being offered, all I've had is refusals, and useless websites that don't work. I would eagerly accept ANY vaccine and gladly pay a big rip off price for it. 

1 hour ago, WineOh said:

who remembers when this smug git claimed that the numbers were so low in Thailand and basically it was all down to him?

hope you don't choke on your words, sir!

anutin.jpg

don't call him Sir call him what he is a-hole

9 minutes ago, Olmate said:

If you.ve been here a good whileu don.t  need permission at all

Yes read that (been here 10 years, but always return couple times a year). It appears not huge issue but have read reports of some difficulties. 

With the way Thailand is heading, anything possible from Oz government.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ChipButty said:

We are supposed to come Bangkok this month for a hospital appointment 

I think you know the reply you are going to get from pretty much everyone on this thread

1 minute ago, ChipButty said:

Where from.

Think there are only few road blocks out of Bangkok. You can find that information in "local forums...Bangkok" 

10 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Yes read that (been here 10 years, but always return couple times a year). It appears not huge issue but have read reports of some difficulties. 

With the way Thailand is heading, anything possible from Oz government.

Two pals returned last month no need for ok or even request defat.Today oz gave just cut caps to  return by %50 tho.

• Thanks 1

I booked my flight out on 6/26, just a week ago. At that moment it was all about pressing matters at "home" in California, and the fact that a unit had conveniently become vacant that I could use. But already it seems that the situation in Bangkok would now in itself be reason to leave. Northern California is safer. But two weeks to go.

It's like when I was in Hanoi at the beginning of March 2020. I was looking at the news and getting nervous, but stuck with my scheduled flight out to BKK on March 11. On March 25 Thailand closed its borders.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, ChipButty said:

Yes, me too at the end of the month.  May sadly be reaching 10,000 cases and over 100 deaths by then will have to decide what to do.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, James105 said:

Some of us care about non-covid deaths as well (e.g https://thepattayanews.com/2021/06/28/freelance-musicians-death-raises-public-concerns-over-financial-crisis-in-thailand-during-covid-19-outbreak/).   It's not a case of denying the disease exists, but it's an acknowledgement that simply closing some things down will not solve the problem as too many people in any population will need to continue to go to work and provide services that everyone relies on.     People on here have bought into the line that only alcohol spreads covid, but unless people are drinking at work, just how many alcoholic drinks were consumed by those 6000ish that caught it yesterday?  

People on here also want hairdressers and massage parlours open (indoor activities), even though they are closer contact than an outdoor restaurant or outdoor bar, and naively think that masks provide any significant protection whilst engaging in these activities.     I think some on here also naively think that if the bars are closed then the company they order from TF would not have been partying with others, when in fact these girls will have been partying in small unventilated condos.   The girl you "order" will almost certainly have been drinking in small confined places, and because she is young she will likely not display any covid symptoms should she actually have covid, but I have no doubt many of you still risk it anyway.

The way out of this is of course is vaccines, but Thailand are too far behind for this to have any impact until next year.   Some of us think there is a more sensible approach to dealing with this over the next year, and Sweden provided a good example of how this could be done.

So, apart from vaccinations, what should the government do to deal with epidemic? Do you have any ideas on how to deal with full hospitals? 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, James105 said:

Some of us care about non-covid deaths as well (e.g https://thepattayanews.com/2021/06/28/freelance-musicians-death-raises-public-concerns-over-financial-crisis-in-thailand-during-covid-19-outbreak/).   It's not a case of denying the disease exists, but it's an acknowledgement that simply closing some things down will not solve the problem as too many people in any population will need to continue to go to work and provide services that everyone relies on.     People on here have bought into the line that only alcohol spreads covid, but unless people are drinking at work, just how many alcoholic drinks were consumed by those 6000ish that caught it yesterday?  

People on here also want hairdressers and massage parlours open (indoor activities), even though they are closer contact than an outdoor restaurant or outdoor bar, and naively think that masks provide any significant protection whilst engaging in these activities.     I think some on here also naively think that if the bars are closed then the company they order from TF would not have been partying with others, when in fact these girls will have been partying in small unventilated condos.   The girl you "order" will almost certainly have been drinking in small confined places, and because she is young she will likely not display any covid symptoms should she actually have covid, but I have no doubt many of you still risk it anyway.

The way out of this is of course is vaccines, but Thailand are too far behind for this to have any impact until next year.   Some of us think there is a more sensible approach to dealing with this over the next year, and Sweden provided a good example of how this could be done.

Closing things does NOT solve the problem but it prevents the health sector from colapsing and then the real problems start. You take sweden but Thailand is far more like India. I mean Sweden has good hospitals and low population density.

So to compare those is crazy. Just look at India what happened when the health system could not handle it anymore. That is what is what will happen if bars open.

The way out is indeed vaccines and it will take long so all we can do is closing non essential services like bars so the spread is less. You cant stop the spread stuff like markets, and supermarkets have to stay open and IT services too so people can do online learning. Other stuff just has to be closed down.

Of course the goverment has to support those people and that is the problem its not enough. But the alternative is total breakdown of the health system. If these numbers keep raising there will be more trouble then we would wish there were only 60 deaths. Now they are already overstretched even if it stays like this there is a chance the health system colapses.

Have you noticed that the goverment is not saying anymore that they got things under control. I havent seen anutin or Prayut saying anything the last couple of days.

Opening Phuket and others is also a disaster waiting to happen.

Stay safe. I have just paid for the moderna vaccine from the Thornbury hospital group. No idea when i will be vaccinated. But that is the only thing we can do.

• Like 2

In the western world the PM  had to step down if the show so much incompetence. On purpose delaying vaccines, no measures to minimise the impact of the Covid, false and fake promises to keep the people quiet. I am looking forward to the day that the people will chase him out of the office and.............

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

61 Deaths is a definite concern, a growing number of cases as well indicate that this has no intention of slowing down and unless vaccines are truly rolled out it will have true effects on the economy and tourism prospects.  Beds have filled up and many more are waiting for beds according to the 34 Amarin TV news this morning.  People are also very frustrated.

'61 Deaths is a definite concern'

The way it's going it could end up in hundreds.

Clearly, whatever measures they are taking they are not enough.

• Like 1