Uneven sidewalks one thing, but this?

morrobay

15 hours ago, samtam said:

An evening walk along the "pavement" of Narathiwas Road in Bangkok...

I need to grab a picture of the one on Pattaya Klang, opposite the Mall with Big CX.....pedestrians forced out into traffic....

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

21 hours ago, morrobay said:

Actually this is more normal.  And broke a record for going about a year before this: Pattaya North up from beach. 

IMG_20210704_105547.jpg

Now that's what I call a gold standard for paving subsurface preparation lol ????

Ah the joys of walking around in Thailand and other asian Countries (far eastern Europe is just as bad in some places) lol ????

Brings back a memory of many many decades ago when I was walking down a soi in Sukhumvit somewhere and stepped straight into a large hole in a dark spot on the pavement. Took all the skin (and I mean all the skin!) off my shin from almost the ankle to the knee. Sorry no gory photos to show.

22 hours ago, tlandtday said:

That's nothing Pattaya now has the worst roads in Thiland largely due to their incompetent corrupt capital expenditure projects designed to improve the roads and drainage.  The Romans would be embarrassed by such road building. 

Including these monstrosity parking garage projects. This one at Naklua seafood market that will make traffic worse since all the hundreds of cars have to que-up going into this small entrance.

IMG_20210705_084135.jpg

• Like 1

22 hours ago, tlandtday said:

That's nothing Pattaya now has the worst roads in Thiland largely due to their incompetent corrupt capital expenditure projects designed to improve the roads and drainage.  The Romans would be embarrassed by such road building.

No need for Aqueducts in Pattaya each time it rains, better than Romans. 55555 

7 hours ago, jacko45k said:

I need to grab a picture of the one on Pattaya Klang, opposite the Mall with Big CX.....pedestrians forced out into traffic....

Yup, I know the one. Concrete pole and planter box forces anyone farang size to step out and mix with motos and SUVs. The pedestrian gap is about a shoe width. Even Thais step out into the street. I can't find the photo I took of this.

This is almost directly across the street where my friend was swallowed by a tippy access cover (posted on this above). You can't let your guard down for a second when walking anywhere in Thailand. Good business for hospitals though.

Edited by Kaoboi Bebobp
Typo

Just now, SomchaiCNX said:

All our original covers (in iron) were stolen and probably sold as scrap.

I would suggest wooden replacements but those would probably just be burned for entertainment.

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, RocketDog said:

I would suggest wooden replacements but those would probably just be burned for entertainment.

Wood hatch covers make great tables when coated with epoxy resin. They used to wash up on the beach off ships.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Sydebolle said:

Above ground you have the planet's possible biggest cable mess ........ 
On the ground you have manhole lids loose or missing; tiles and slabs waiting to tilt

You forgot to mention all the things at eye level that try to blind you or knock your head off. Awning struts and lamp post decorations come to mind.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Dexxter said:

You forgot to mention all the things at eye level that try to blind you or knock your head off. Awning struts and lamp post decorations come to mind.

That's what you get with this collective Thai  mindset that never makes any constructive criticism /complaint about anything. * These folks rather have accidents than complain about the cause of that accident. Maybe it's about this face/shmace business. But the whole place is Boobe trapped. And then you have some around here that complain about those calling spades spades ?? * Here is example of this mindset: these bus drivers in Bangkok that drop passengers off in middle of the road. And even some of these songkow drivers drop people off far away from curb. 

Edited by morrobay

On 7/3/2021 at 6:10 PM, RichardColeman said:

Just imagine how bad the welding will be on the Thai Space rocket

My friends and I witnessed a 7/11 being built. The arc welder, instead of wearing a proper helmet, or even sunglasses, just struck the arc then turned his face away while he welded.

• Like 2

On 7/3/2021 at 6:10 PM, RichardColeman said:

Just imagine how bad the welding will be on the Thai Space rocket

You don't need to worry on that score as they will be using hired Chinese riveters! 

5 hours ago, Dexxter said:

For a tourist dependent town the reckless disregard  for public safety is unbelievable. Are these people going to wait for someone to jump onto this at high tide??? In plain sight for a long time. 

IMG_20210624_090648.jpg

• Sad 1

On 7/4/2021 at 5:26 PM, pomchop said:

Thing I learned living in Thailand:

]1.  Never ever cross a road or sidewalk without looking both ways two times...those motocys on the sidewalks and one way streets go fast.

2.  Never ever step on a sheet of metal or an uneven looking tile.  

3.   Never ever think for one second that a pedestrian has the "right of way"

4.  Beware of friendly gals with big hands.

5.  "Up to you" is a great answer to almost any question.

6.  If they ask if you want more coffee never assume it will be a free refill.  It won't.

7.  Don't order strange looking Thai food full of little red specs....those are burn the house down chili peppers.

8.  Never miss an opportunity to take a pee or a shower.

9.  A smile doesn't always mean i like you.

10.  Rich people in Thailand look down on you and everyone else.

Does #6 apply at the massage shop for "free refills"? ???? asking for a friend.

42 minutes ago, morrobay said:

Are these people going to wait for someone to jump onto this at high tide??? In plain sight for a long time. 

Disgraceful !  but again they'll wait till someone is injured or killed before removing it.

22 hours ago, SomchaiCNX said:

Only solution is to sue the responsible authorities and companies until these  corrupt people understand that they can not get away with it anymore.

You'll be soon dissuaded of that notion through threat of physical violence.

Persist, and they'll shoot you, or you'll disappear.

• Like 1