Samut Sakhon governor threatens to close private hospitals over no COVID testing policy

snoop1130

05-cov-test.jpg

Samut Sakhon Governor Veerasak Vichitsangsri has threatened to ask authorities to close down all private hospitals in the province, after they refused to prove free COVID-19 tests, claiming that they do not have empty beds to accommodate those whom the tests show to be infected.

The governor apparently made the threat after he read a Facebook post by a human resource official at Samut Sakhon Hospital, who expressed the frustration of medical personnel there for having to deal with many people who show up for COVID-19 testing, after all private hospitals in the province have rejected them.

The official, who identified herself as “Aeh”, asked why the Samut Sakhon provincial hospital has to accept this burden, as she described people queueing up close together, in long line, every day to receive the free tests.

Full Story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/samut-sakhon-governor-threatens-to-close-private-hospitals-for-refusing-to-provide-free-covid-testing/

Logo-top-.png

-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2021-07-05

• Confused 1
  • Haha 2

16 hours ago, Tropicalevo said:

The government made this mess.

Unfortunately for them, the government hospitals have to try and put it right. (They have my sympathy.)

Do not blame private businesses or individuals.

I thought all the hospitals were asked to help in this pandemic... looks like private hospitals don't want to play the game as no money in it for them.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, hotchilli said:

I thought all the hospitals were asked to help in this pandemic... looks like private hospitals don't want to play the game as no money in it for them.

Definitely............before things took off I was a regular at Bumrungrad BKK.........temperature checks, mini-interview, survey to complete and sign..........now you just walk in??? 

They don't want to have to deal with a potential covid patient.

• Like 2

I think all provincial governors are appointed by the regime.

Only the Bangkok governor is elected (last election was in 2010 I think).

This governor should be expecting a reassignment, if they're lucky.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, hotchilli said:

Surely if the Private Hospitals are not going to test people, they have no real use at the moment.

Maybe not to shut them completely, but certainly stop most of their Gravy Train, after all if they are not prepared to given something back, what good are they..

I really hate the community spirit attitude of Thai Business when the chips are down.

But - But what about are profits ?

36 minutes ago, Cake Monster said:

Surely if the Private Hospitals are not going to test people, they have no real use at the moment.

Maybe not to shut them completely, but certainly stop most of their Gravy Train, after all if they are not prepared to given something back, what good are they..

I really hate the community spirit attitude of Thai Business when the chips are down.

But - But what about are profits ?

Businesses dressed up as hospitals... nothing to do with care, just money.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bangkok Barry said:

A local politician has the power to close down hospitals? Really?

Probably not, but future use by the public with long memories most certainly have.

They can vote with their feet.

• Like 1

"a Facebook post by a human resource official at Samut Sakhon Hospital, who expressed the frustration of medical personnel there for having to deal with many people who show up for COVID-19 testing, after all private hospitals in the province have rejected them. "

so it isnt a financial officer concerned about the cost of treating them, it is an HR person tired of listening to the hospital workers saying they are working too hard.