Another lockdown being considered by CCSA

webfact

51 minutes ago, johnmcc6 said:

just where do they find a huge crowd of 10,000 people a day to test? How long does it take for testing and then results?Who makes up the death tally. Were they old ,sick obese? Very selective information. They should see how many places did not use lock downs which shows they have little effect. How many suicides are  caused by lock downs from people who cannot afford to feed themselves and family? . People need accurate information not just panic headlines.

Lockdowns have proven to be effective in reducing the spread of the virus. 

Your friends at the internet Lie Factory have not given you correct information. 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, The Cipher said:

No doubt. Restrictions placed on (the more dynamic in) societies decrease pandemic spread and increase the chances of the vulnerable surviving until we can finally put this bs pandemic behind us.

So I am not surprised that those who are/believe they are particularly vulnerable from Covid would be advocating tighter measures. They want to maximize their chances of surviving the pandemic so that they can...

Where's the lie?

I don’t get you. What lie?

1 hour ago, wombat said:

Unfortunately it doesn't matter if you're fully vaccinated, you can still carry the virus. It protects you from having severe symptoms.
Vaccinated people can still become infected, infectious and transmit the virus.
Please note-even though you're wearing a mask, it doesn't mean you don't pass the virus on.

covid23.jpg

Nope. 

Face masks can stop some transmission of the virus. Your internet friends are lying to you about the efficacy of face masks. 

Just open up Thailand. According to the official numbers in Thailand of covid-19 cases there is no need for any restrictions at allm To even think of having any restrictions Thailand needs to have 100k new cases every day, total of 7 million confirmed cases and/or 99k people dead of/with covid-19. Unless these numbers are met no need for any restrictions. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

7 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Various comments by authorities regarding 'possible lockdowns' is just about getting folks head around the fact that lockdown is coming.

Hopefully it will include holiday travel out of Bangkok.

Is this the same lockdowns that we had last year ? The ones that most Thias, and ex pats just ignored ?

Had road checkpoints all over, but always next to a slip or side road, so just go round.

No beer, no worries, just go out early morning to back door to stock up 

Had no problems riding bike or car to surrounding towns to go shopping/drinking 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

Nope. 

Face masks can stop some transmission of the virus. Your internet friends are lying to you about the efficacy of face masks. 

pity it only stops some !

look inside any food hall, restaurant and see how many are wearing masks, so makes them rather pointless. Unless you think you cant get covid while eating or heaven forbid will die if you dare to drink beer in a bar 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

18 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

Lockdowns have proven to be effective in reducing the spread of the virus. 

Your friends at the internet Lie Factory have not given you correct information. 

not working around where i live is it ?

6 hours ago, Crossy said:

There's one teeny-weeny little issue there. The size of the vaccine stocks ???? 

Another one is that the vaccines are likely not effective.

Countries with high vaccination rate are experiencing a spike in breakthrough cases  (that is, double-jabbed people are getting infected).  Both the Delta and Epsilon variants are said to evade the vaccine too, the latter more than the former. The jury is still out.  Wait for the winter and find out.

• Haha 1

The government is months behind with the vaccine roll-out, have flip flopped on an almost daily basis, keep saying what they are going to do but never actually do it, and their general corrupt incompetence has meant they have never have a coherent effective plan. As a result, thousands have died, millions are out of jobs, and the health system is buckling. Given the above, we shouldn't be surprised that the only solution they put forward is a total lock-down.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

same Hua Hin.

Why do they always wait until everyone has left before locking down. Have the decision makers all got investments in Hua Hin and Pattaya? They certainly did in Phuket! If the wealthy in Thailand put as much effort into procuring vaccines as they do protecting their money we would have 2 jabs for the entire population by now! Don't they realise the dystopian reality of a societal collapse or are they too busy moving funds and foreign currency reserves to off shore safe havens such as the UK property market?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, RichardColeman said:

Let me get this right. Few infections and few deaths, lockdown. Loads of infections and many deaths just consider it ? Sounds nuts to me

I believe you have lived here long enough to learn not to apply reasoned logic to Thailand especially now as it governed by individuasl of limited intellects and unlimited personal greed.

• Like 2

Fly in those Phizer shots.

Shut down the country for 2 weeks !

Booster the  Sinovaccian medical staffs !

How long does it take for a booster to start bolstering(enfaces on start ) the immune system !

Edited by riclag

7 hours ago, webfact said:

The national Security Council chief Gen Natthaphon Nakphanich in his capacity as head of the CCSA said he was waiting on information from the Ministry of Public Health before considering a lockdown.

There is no correlation between the headline and the content of the report.  He is not considering a lockdown.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, aBigSmile said:

Another one is that the vaccines are likely not effective.

Countries with high vaccination rate are experiencing a spike in breakthrough cases  (that is, double-jabbed people are getting infected).  Both the Delta and Epsilon variants are said to evade the vaccine too, the latter more than the former. The jury is still out.  Wait for the winter and find out.

The epsilon is able to get through Pfizer.  It will consider Sinovac a piece of cake. 

57 minutes ago, mikosan said:

A great idea, but a bit radical don't you think?  What's the point in wasting good vaccines on the poor, the sick, the minions and the assorted others that really need them, when there are government officials, hi-so's and various other a***-licking lackeys and wastrels who need them more? 

This virus is the great equalizer. No matter if you are poor or if you are hi-so, you are dependent on EVERYONE getting jabbed or the virus will propagate and mutate.

I will be moving from one condo to another towards the end of this month. 10 minutes distance apart in central BKK. I have already booked a medium size vehicle and staff to move etc.

Does anyone know if by the time of the move if there is then a lockdown ,would that mean the moving company are prohibited from working?

Thx any input

7 hours ago, JonnyF said:

Spoke to a friend in Sydney yesterday, they extended lock down there for another week due to 18 cases one day followed by 27 cases the next.

I suspect lockdown is coming to Bangkok.

I hope it does. Bangkok is the main cause of the spread to other provinces. Just stay where you are. 

6 hours ago, BestB said:

Close interprovincial travel , close markets and see what happens before closing entire country or banning alcohol sales which clearly achieves nothing

Interprovincial closure to late ant to widely advertised.  

3 hours ago, RandolphGB said:

Worrying how many people on this forum are advocating stronger lockdowns 

Not worrying in the least. Sensible precaution. If you don't move around you can't spread the virus. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Whale said:

If they would just OK booze online ordering and delivery again I would not care, I would be happy to lock myself down as long as they want.

Yeah. Big C used to do a great job delivering 3 cases at a time to me. Now I have to make 18 trips to get the same amount. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

7 hours ago, Laughing Gravy said:

Plus it takes organisational skills, and forward thinking. Something lacking in Thailand.

Not only in Thailand but in many first world countries as well. The big Pharma companies just cannot manufacture the vaccines quick enough to cover the needs of every country in the world. Without supplies of the large amounts of vaccines that are needed by each country to be able to vaccinate all the residents it is going to be like this until there is enough vaccine manufactured for each countries needs. There is no short cut or way around this problem unless there is a large increase of Big Pharma companies that can manufacture the vaccines.

2 hours ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

That isnt a lockdown , those are restrictions .

A lock down is when you cannot leave your home , and that never happened 

When people could starve to death in their homes. Even this government wouldn't be so stupid. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1