Thailand reports new daily record of 9,276 COVID-19 cases, 72 more deaths

webfact

11 minutes ago, dinsdale said:

Completely out of control. No way back now. Even a month full and strict lockdown may have little impact. This virus is transmitted first by air and second on surfaces. I'm not sure the idiots at the top realise this and fairly sure many Thais don't. I am wearing two masks. This is unravelling very fast. 

If lockdowns will have little impact, how do you see Thailand getting out of this?  How long before the virus naturally runs its course?  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, brewsterbudgen said:

If lockdowns will have little impact, how do you see Thailand getting out of this?  How long before the virus naturally runs its course?  

Same as India - the virus will run its course, with the decline aided by a relatively low level of vaccination. But even after a few months, there will still be a high level of infections, until herd immunity is achieved. Maybe around January.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Thanks 1

When the hospital system is maxed out (for the nitpickers, I mean at 100% capacity), how will we know if the numbers of infections are still increasing?

With only a couple of thousand cases per day revealed by pro-active testing, the official case numbers are largely driven by hospital system numbers, but what happens when no new patients can be admitted? Are we going to be stuck at some arbitrarily low case number for the duration?

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, dinsdale said:

Natural herd immunity agaist this virus with such a low % being fully vaccinated will come at very high human cost.

Even worse, the 300,000 or so previously infected may be liable to re-infection by a different variant.

• Sad 1