UPDATE: Thailand imposes tighter restrictions to slow virus spread - including curfew

webfact

7 hours ago, nightfox said:

This is absolutely pointless asking people not to travel and work from without reinforcement. If they were serious about doing something that will actual help the situation they can start with cancelling all inter provincial travel like buses, trains and flights.

Maybe they are waiting for the numbers to hit 20,000+ cases a day before it registers in their head that Houston We Have Problem!

travelling between provinces are very limited - you can't return home...

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Boomer6969 said:

Obviously he can't get vaccines, so he tries to achieve herd immunity by doing nothing.. While his inaction may well kill hundreds of thousand.

But, seriously what's (not) happening? Should we run before it's too late?

true herd immunity can be reached by doing nothing..for the one who can survive.

the only concern is that the number of death will increase.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Crossy said:

Can I buy BEER in the supermarkets??

Asking for a friend!

All that electronical wizardry in your home and you're still not making your own?

Get your priorities in order, sir.

So, I hit the article on the email page sent to me that said... 'No curfew, but new restrictions set to be announced for Bangkok...'

I opened the article and the headline says...'Thailand imposes tighter restrictions...including curfew'. So, my questions are...when is a curfew not a curfew? When will the click bait reflect the headline and the headline reflect the actual article.

13 minutes ago, Scott Tracy said:

So, I hit the article on the email page sent to me that said... 'No curfew, but new restrictions set to be announced for Bangkok...'

I opened the article and the headline says...'Thailand imposes tighter restrictions...including curfew'. So, my questions are...when is a curfew not a curfew? When will the click bait reflect the headline and the headline reflect the actual article.

A curfew is when you get arrested or shot for breaking it.  This is not a curfew.  Even the travel restrictions seem to be advisory.  

56 minutes ago, brewsterbudgen said:

A curfew is when you get arrested or shot for breaking it.  This is not a curfew.  Even the travel restrictions seem to be advisory.  

Remains to be seen in reality how serious the government will be about enforcing these new policies. The official messaging Friday seemed more aimed at "advising" and encouraging" as opposed to bringing down the iron fist of the military government.

The simple reality is the virus is mostly spread via close human interaction, especially in confined spaces without lots of fresh air.

During the days in BKK, BTS and MRT trains are still going to be running. Taxis will still be ferrying people about town. Is CP going to be closing down their chicken processing plants where workers can't really work from home, etc etc?

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK

2 hours ago, cclub75 said:

Despite what you say, Covid is not much of a threat.

Age ranges of officially reported Thai COVID deaths this past week:

Friday -- 27 to 91

Thursday -- 33 to 94

Wednesday -- 26 to 89

Tuesday -- 25 to 91

Monday -- 28 to 91

Sunday -- 34 to 91

Saturday -- 30 to 88

• Like 2

3 hours ago, chalawaan said:

they do, and my mrs got it in BKK at my request last month as a backstop for the lack of covid vacc, she since got her 1st AZ shot last week.

I got mine as a pneumonia survivor a few years ago, it was one dose, I am not aware of my dose longevity, but the doc in BKK said her jabs are a course of three for life. Sorry I can't give you a vax brand name, but I do know its available.

Actuallly, there is some evidence  that suggests that the Tetanus/Pertussis vaccine is effective in preventing severe symptoms and death from covid-19.

https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/old-vaccines-for-covid-19-tetanus-diphtheria-show-promise

And if you haven't had one done in 10 years, then you're due.

Edited by placeholder

5 hours ago, SGD said:

What is certain however is that the numbers who will die on the roads will exceed any covid numbers.

Right now in Thailand, COVID deaths per day at 70+ already are exceeding the daily average of road deaths, and the government projected today that the COVID death toll could top 100 per day within the next two weeks. And that would be almost double the typical daily number of Thai road deaths.

And at this very moment, there are almost 2,700 COVID patients hospitalized in critical condition in Thailand, and that number has been rising daily for the past 20 days, and doubled in the past two to three weeks. The hospital ICU wards in many areas are full of COVID patients and don't have any room for more critical cases.

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK
  • Like 1

at the end of the 14days, they will do another 14days and then another and another. they are trying to stop the covid-19 with out vaccinating people, BAD news it will never happen.

they need to get off of what they sit on and look at reality!!

10 hours ago, Boomer6969 said:

Obviously he can't get vaccines, so he tries to achieve herd immunity by doing nothing.. While his inaction may well kill hundreds of thousand.

But, seriously what's (not) happening? Should we run before it's too late?

I ran to usa last week got Moderno yesterday, Choice of 3 Pfizer, JJ , Moderno, they never even heard about Chinese Sinovac and it’s low efficacy

4 hours ago, Lacessit said:

From memory, my pneumonia vaccination is done every five years or so. I don't know if they vaccinate for pneumonia in Thailand.

Don't think I want to keep a tally of look over there posts on this thread, I might run out of fingers and toes.

I guess talking about Pneumovax 23 ?I had it  also vaccinated 3 years ago (a last repeat one ) , seems good as i had long time not even a common  cold . Let's hope it help against covid too a little (or much)

12 hours ago, Surelynot said:

Smacks of Bungling Bunter's approach to lifting all restrictions in the UK, but at the same time asking people to be sensible........ie if this goes pear shaped it is your fault not mine.

what a stupid thing to say - it is about effective vaccine rollout - the UK is a world leader, effective vaccine deployment is a game changer in any country - how you can find fault in that is really shocking 

• Thanks 1

Center for COVID-19 Situation Administration lays down new restrictions starting on Monday

By Sodchuen Limkriangkrai

4f35b7161bc8224903d6e9f8d40e4b3b_small.jpg

BANGKOK (NNT) - From Monday 12th July, maximum movement restrictions will be applied in Bangkok and neighboring provinces, namely Bangkok, Nonthaburi, Pathum Thani, Nakhon Pathum, Samut Prakan, and Samut Sakhon. The measures are as follows.

NEW RESTRICTIONS IN BANGKOK METROPOLITAN AREA AND 9 OTHER PROVINCES IN DARK RED ZONE

- Restaurants, markets and convenience stores must be closed from 20.00 - 04.00 hrs

- Closure of public transportation from 21.00 - 03.00 hrs

- Closure of spas, beauty centers and massage parlors.

- Public park must be closed at 20.00 hrs.

- Work from home at maximum capacity for both private and public sectors

- Avoid making unnecessary trips

- Stay at home from 21.00 hrs - 04.00 hrs. Only leave for essential reasons.

- Avoid any gathering larger than 5 people

NEW RESTRICTIONS ON INTER-PROVINCIAL TRAVELING

- Public transport companies to reduce service

- Relevant authorities will impose stricter regulations and set up check points to minimize people movement from the dark red zone starting 10th July 2021

nnt.jpg

14 hours ago, jojothai said:

14 days?? Since when did the Clowns tell the truth.
Always expect the unexpected.

In this case however you should expect at least a month.

Try end of year if they are lucky. Could be end of Thai calender year. This was all left way too late. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, smedly said:

what a stupid thing to say - it is about effective vaccine rollout - the UK is a world leader, effective vaccine deployment is a game changer in any country - how you can find fault in that is really shocking 

36k new cases of the COVID in the U.K. With a slightly smaller population than Thailand that is in no way a good thing. Boris, like the Thai General, too often ignores scientific advice.

It is nothing they do. It will have no effect on the cases. Simply there is no enforcement. What is unnecessary travel??? What are essential reasons?? How much is as much as possible??? Too vague all, so it will not work

• Like 1

9 hours ago, cclub75 said:

So Covid should be handled with common sense :

-protect the old and the sick (with vaccine)

-and let live the huge majority of the population who are not affected by Covid.

It's very simple actually.

If you are looking for common sense in Thailand, you are at the wrong address. No, it is not simple.

If it was, I would have been vaccinated at about the same time as the ruling elite made damn sure they were.

42 minutes ago, ikke1959 said:

It is nothing they do. It will have no effect on the cases. Simply there is no enforcement. What is unnecessary travel??? What are essential reasons?? How much is as much as possible??? Too vague all, so it will not work

exactly what I said earlier - this is an attempt to look like they are doing something when in fact it amounts to nothing at all

This government is set on throwing everyone here under a bus - that is blatently obvious now

12 hours ago, SCOTT FITZGERSLD said:

shut up. do not spread panick. most deaths in europe happaned in the first few weeks

of the pandemic. now the worst is behind us. there are vaccinea and they are the solution.

Which country or countries in Europe had the majority of deaths in the first few weeks....?

Italy had high initial deaths and suffered badly early on, but still the second and third waves account for many more. France perhaps, high numbers in the first wave, but still the majority came in the 2nd and 3rd as they lasted much longer and melded together. Similar the UK.

The first wave was all Alpha and less contagious (and some say less deadly) than subsequent ones... it would seem unlikely 'most deaths occurred in the first few weeks', considering where we are and what Europe went through. Telling someone to shut up and spouting this seemingly incorrect detail is lacking in thought.

• Like 2