Thailand reports another daily record of 9,326 COVID-19 cases, 91 more deaths

webfact

1 hour ago, ThailandRyan said:

I was just shown another phot someone posted on Facebook this morning of more people standing in the rain starting at 3 am this morning waiting to be tested.  

How does it work ? They will be tested by themselves or they are asked to do it  ? 

I went 3 nights in Bangkok, and now i have to stay 14days at home ( not difficult , I have everything here ) ; after one week, I have been asked to have a  PCR test ( negative   I am sure , they don't call , 12 days already from my stay in Bangkok ), there were may be maximum 50 people, and after me, nobody left ( it was in  "rose zone ", Prachinburi  province ) 

5 minutes ago, Deli said:

NNT doesn't show the breakdown by province anymore. Anywhere else to find ?

NBTWorld show the total breakdown of all provinces every day although yesterday was a no show.  Hopefully today will be back to normal,

https://www.facebook.com/nbtworld

Edited by anchadian
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, anchadian said:

Bangkok Governor Aswin Kwanmuang on Friday opened the city’s first modular ICU at Ratchapipat Hospital in Thawi Watthana district for treatment of Covid-19 patients in the red category, or those with severe symptoms that require respirators

https://www.nationthailand.com/in-focus/40003057

"First" is a relative term in this case. This facility may be the "first" of its kind in a hospital run by the BMA...

But the concept of modular ICU additions in Thailand was pioneered by Rajavithi Hospital also in BKK city (but run by the MoPH, not the BMA) and SCG when they opened the first such facility of its kind at Rajavithi back in mid-May. Of course, The Nation reported on that opening at the time as well...

Screenshot_7.jpg.e35ba110911ac643c7271f72ac259d6c.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/PR.Rajavithi/videos/460472385023413/

The Siam Cement Group (SCG) and Rajavithi Hospital have co-developed modular ICU rooms for dealing with Covid-19 patients in a serious condition.

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Cake Monster said:

These " Bubble and Seal " lock ins are nothing short of Barbaric.

If the people who live in these Camps need to be " Sealed off " from the rest of Society, then they should be cared for.

They should have adequate Food, Water, and amenities such as Electric for cooking and Light, as well as Gas and Charcoal for Cooking.

This should be on top of the excellent medical attention that they all should be receiving from the Authorities, though I doubt very much that there is any Medical attention being paid.

These poor souls are confined to a Camp, which is Guarded by Police and Army personnel, they are all confined together where the Covid Sick are confined with those that are not sick, there are many Children also confined within the Camps.

For sure there will be Deaths in these " Bubble and Seal " camps due to the atrocious conditions.

I really worry for these poor people

Where are the Human Rights Organizations when there is a Job to be done?

What I wonder are the deaths and there's sure to be, in the daily figures. This is why I would like to see a breakdown of deaths into nationalities. Again I will say that my source at the local temple tells me that the temple still gets daily dilivery of bodies in the biosecure ambulance and says these are not Thai.

Edited by dinsdale
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

The Civil Air Authority orders domestic flights to fly from 4am-9pm only in the wake of the curfew set to begin Monday night. Intercity buses to/from Bangkok operated by The Transport Co. will depart in the morning only with all the southern routes cancelled. #ล็อกดาวน์

https://twitter.com/tappanai_b/status/1413690028622901255

• Like 2

1 minute ago, anchadian said:

The Civil Air Authority orders domestic flights to fly from 4am-9pm only in the wake of the curfew set to begin Monday night. Intercity buses to/from Bangkok operated by The Transport Co. will depart in the morning only with all the southern routes cancelled. #ล็อกดาวน์

https://twitter.com/tappanai_b/status/1413690028622901255

So from Monday  inter-provincial travel by public transport is still possible, except at night for air, and only in the mornings for buses.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, brewsterbudgen said:

So from Monday  inter-provincial travel by public transport is still possible, except at night for air, and only in the mornings for buses.

It's only AA doing the correct thing by cancelling ALL of its domestic flights for 3 weeks,

Edited by anchadian

23 minutes ago, anchadian said:

Long queues of people trying to get tested for #COVID19 this morning following the discovery of a cluster at Bang Kapi Market in #Bangkok ( Wanchai Kraisornkhachit Kraisornkhajit / Nation Photo) #Thailand

https://twitter.com/ThaiNewsReports/status/1413696711201988611

ImageImage

ImageImage

what happened to the rules regarding gatherings - max 5

maybe is was 500

28 minutes ago, anchadian said:

Long queues of people trying to get tested for #COVID19 this morning following the discovery of a cluster at Bang Kapi Market in #Bangkok ( Wanchai Kraisornkhachit Kraisornkhajit / Nation Photo) #Thailand

ImageImage

ImageImage

The virus LOVES this! Perfect vector for massive clusters to form and spread. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

I'm a foreigner and also a senior. Where do I queue for jab donated by Japan

The MoPH is saying 10% of the donated AZ doses will be set aside for foreigners, so 105,000 doses, enough for 52,500 people. The other 945,000 doses are slated for Thais who are elderly and have chronic heath conditions.

167377039_2021-07-09MoPHdocssaysTENPERCENTofPfizerandAZdonationsforforeigners.jpg.bb7258aa0d35bbb12d11af83061bceb2.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/informationcovid19/photos/a.106455480972785/361221875496143/?type=3

11 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

I'm a foreigner and also a senior. Where do I queue for jab donated by Japan

At this moment in time, I doubt if anyone, including the govt, can answer that one.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ThailandRyan said:

Checkpoint officer: Where you go

Me: Shopping

Checkpoint Officer: Why?

Me: We need food

Checkpoint Officer: Ok as long as you stop back by with some whiskey for me.....

For years now, the BIB have been stopping the Pickup Trucks full of Migrant Labour and demanding 200 Baht / head from them.

Without the Migrants in transit, I guess that we all need to pay the 200 Baht now.

40 minutes ago, anchadian said:

ImageImage

ImageImage

This is appalling looking at the photos. Crowding back to back waiting for hours to be tested is just a recipe for possible virus transmission. The government is losing control to manage the surging pandemic. Very poor organization of testing sites and total lack of control and enforcement manpower. 

1 hour ago, Swimfan said:

Maybe because the virus has migrated out of the large cities into surrounding areas where there is little in the way of testing and medical facilities and official reporting. 

That still doesn't explain why they tapered so suddenly in the heavily populated areas where most Indians live and yet they still have only less than 300 deaths per million it's a rather confounding situation in India.Even Indonesia has 234 deaths per million there still might be quite a bit more wait and see what happens still to come by the looks of it.

Edit; I've just read the post about India's excess deaths and if true that would explain a lot.

Edited by FarFlungFalang

4 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Ta.

Was bit of rhetorical question. 

Maybe being stupid, but I have given up trying to get my name on some list or even paying in advance for imaginary Moderna or whatever. 

Will head to my usual island after current soft lockdown.

BTW this "lockdown" is so far from a genuine lockdown it beggars belief.

Also 14 days is a nonsense.

Before you head back and I guess you're currently in BKK, why don't you try Phyathai2 hospital direct booking from Monday.
https://phyathai2international.com

• Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Interesting... First it was the Chinese government ensuring that its nationals in Thailand would get vaccinated. Then the French came along with a government arranged vaccines program for some of their nationals.

Now, in another thread, another member here has posted on the Swiss government doing the same....

Swiss.jpeg.66199f8fd3c195b31169e5f777d864f1.jpeg

When are the various other countries going to recognize what's going on in Thailand (and what's not going on, vaccinations) and take matters into their own hands on behalf of their expat citizens?

I saw the Swiss report two days ago and so sent an e mail to the Singapore embassy in Bangkok. I got a very quick reply telling me that I can travel to Singapore for it or register for the thai program. No intention of doing anything further than that. 

the Singapore domestic vaccine program is well advanced, I was hoping they might look to its citizens overseas. On the other hand, there is an unspoken feeling that Singapore citizens overseas aren’t really contributing to Singapore and so I can understand it might not be top of mind.

• Like 1