Thailand reports new daily record of COVID-19 cases

Jonathan Fairfield

7 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

It is safe to say at this point, Covid is totally out of control. This completely got away from the goons. So much could have and should have been done to prevent this fiasco from happening. 

One can only hope the goombahs are eventually held responsible for this tragedy. Prison? Exile? 

Will the investigators be able to recover the stolen fortunes? 

I think Prayuth should consider Montenegro for exile. He can take Anutin with him. Phiphat should be sent to Burundi. 

And not forgetting Prawit, he could be sent to Switzerland his second home country.

Edited by anchadian
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, ThailandRyan said:

You are 100% correct. They should have devoted personnel to province boundaries and shut it down without notice.  They have, as I said before, created a true firestorm.  Stay safe folks.

Yes, my ex-GF's father escaped from Bangkok yesterday to go back to the village. 

• Sad 1

Let me try to save a few hundred posts:

There isn't enough testing. 

The real number of infections is much higher. 

I had COVID early last year, and it was just like the flu. No, I was never tested. 

The authorities are not handling the vaccination campaign well. 

Xxxx (fill in the blank with your favorite official's name) is a moron. 

Not enough Farangs are being vaccinated. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Pravda said:

So we have another half a$$ number day with virtually no testing being done.

Add a zero.

Except that reported cases from testing are double the normal. Either they are testing more, or the positivity rate has doubled. 

• Like 1

For those people who were hoping to register for the Moderna vaccine on the Bumrungrad website (http://bumrungrad.com/moderna-vaccination-registration…), I’m afraid you are already too late. According to

@RPOBB, it ran out in a matter of seconds. It would seem the odds of winning the lottery are better.

https://twitter.com/RichardBarrow/status/1414047670746836992

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Rhetorical question I would surmise, right?

Nup.

I can understand if business owners require it. However that would not account for such long queues.

If they test positive what is the next step.

Showing mild symptoms would mean what..... Told to go home and isolate. Sent to field hospital? 

5 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Nup.

I can understand if business owners require it. However that would not account for such long queues.

If they test positive what is the next step.

Showing mild symptoms would mean what..... Told to go home and isolate. Sent to field hospital? 

Given favipiravir and sent home to isolate with testing again later or if they become ill arrange for an ambulance to get them to a treatment center.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, anchadian said:

For those people who were hoping to register for the Moderna vaccine on the Bumrungrad website (http://bumrungrad.com/moderna-vaccination-registration…), I’m afraid you are already too late. According to

@RPOBB, it ran out in a matter of seconds. It would seem the odds of winning the lottery are better.

https://twitter.com/RichardBarrow/status/1414047670746836992

That's funny... I supposedly was on their contact list for a "private" vaccine. Never heard peepers from them re any of that.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, Swimfan said:

I can’t see the restrictions coming in to effect on Monday having any impact on these numbers. Why wait till Monday giving people the opportunity to move out to the provinces where facilities and resources to deal with large local outbreaks will be very limited. 

Logic says that it is designed not to trap people who are traveling and that they will no longer have the possibility of returning to their homes.

1 hour ago, Marvin Hagler said:

9,500 is nowhere near the real number...even every otherwise uninterested Thai I know is aware that the real number is much higher.

On a side noted I saw today a video post on Facebook of a large gym in Pattaya...the gym was packed and not a single person was wearing a mask. Wonder if steroids protects from Covid?

We only need to look to Indonesia to see what happens next for Thailand.

And opening Phuket on the back of lies and deception is criminal...literally. 

And this don't look like some vaccines are helping much?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=St5EbIW4QuY