Thailand reports new daily record of COVID-19 cases

Jonathan Fairfield

1 minute ago, Olmate said:

You must be a bullet proof kinda guy!

Not really. But I am a person who considers the needs of others before me. Migration even to the next town has proven time and time again to be the cause of the virus spreading. Better to try and create your own safe environment where you are than flee recklessly to another possibly taking sickness with you. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Rexxx, triple X Rex, he is a Belgian Malinois.......home protection dog I trained for him.  Should have trained him to sniff covid, instead he sniffs the ladies he brings home hence the Triple X name.

Appreciated, thought as much.

Just now, anchadian said:

A child delivered prematurely in its 28th week, as its mother was infected with the Covid-19 virus, died in Phrae province.

https://www.nationthailand.com/in-focus/40003092

Sad and unfortunate, I hope the mother is able to make peace with the facts and does not suffer any mental anguish.  Does not say how old the mother is and I am saddened she will not be able to attend the childs final rites...

4 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Sad and unfortunate, I hope the mother is able to make peace with the facts and does not suffer any mental anguish.  Does not say how old the mother is and I am saddened she will not be able to attend the childs final rites...

Only a young woman of 28 years
https://www.thaiexaminer.com/thai-news-foreigners/2021/07/11/premature-baby-the-latest-covid-19-victim/

• Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, The Cipher said:

Lol my comment quality on here has started to vary widely. The good stuff was largely unappreciated, so it's devolved into 'for my own amusement', sadly.

But re: the comment that I quoted, the guy made the implication that regular gym-goers also tend to be steroid users. Which anyone who exercises regularly would know is false.

More anecdotally, I have noticed that relatively more fit people, and relatively higher achieving people, have tended to have more of a laissez-faire attitude towards Covid (suspect that varies widely by profession though), and I've also noticed that ThaiVisa Asean Now members tend to skew older and male with relatively high alcohol consumption and populist outlooks. So just playing my probabilities here.

So Doctors would be low achievers?

Gym goers flock to Pattaya from around the world for the very reason that steroids are so readily available there. 

I would bet my life that a steroid user would succumb to Covid much more quickly than a non steroid user...they may be big but by and large they are incredibly unhealthy.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, James105 said:

We are a year and a half into this pandemic.  If an infected person can infect another person so easily from breathing in their vicinity of up to a metre or two, why is it that the test to see if you have covid needs to be a swab up the nose almost reaching the brain cavity and then sent to a lab for analysis?   Isn't it about time we should be able to breath or cough onto a stick, plug it into some kind of handheld machine and get an immediate result of the presence of covid?  

Just thinking aloud, not expecting an answer.  

They want to make sure you are infected, and not have have some superficial virus. 

Just now, Marvin Hagler said:

So Doctors would be low achievers?

Gym goers flock to Pattaya from around the world for the very reason that steroids are so readily available there. 

I would bet my life that a steroid user would succumb to Covid much more quickly than a non steroid user...they may be big but by and large they are incredibly unhealthy.

Depends on the steroid. 

Dexamethesone is used for treatment of Covid, and is a steroid. 

51 minutes ago, placeholder said:

Regular exercise can reduce your risk of developing severe Covid: study

In a new study published in the British Journal of Sports Medicine, researchers and physicians at Kaiser Permanente Fontana Medical Center in Southern California, the University of California, San Diego, and other institutions found that Covid patients who regularly exercised before becoming sick were the least likely to be hospitalized, admitted to the ICU and die as a result of their illness.

The study looked at data from nearly 50,000 adult patients in California diagnosed with Covid-19 from January 2020 to the end of October 2020.

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/04/14/regular-exercise-can-reduce-your-risk-of-severe-covid-study.html

How does that relate to the Delta variant that did t even exist when this study was completed?

14 minutes ago, Keesters said:

Not really. But I am a person who considers the needs of others before me. Migration even to the next town has proven time and time again to be the cause of the virus spreading. Better to try and create your own safe environment where you are than flee recklessly to another possibly taking sickness with you. 

Might work for you but not for the majority stuck in the work to survive cycle. Nice to consider others tho!

3 hours ago, Bkk Brian said:

Former red-shirt leader Nattawut Saikua has just posted on Facebook that he has tested positive for #COVID19. “I was vaccinated with 1 dose of AstraZeneca vaccine on 8th June. On 8th July I went to test for COVID-19. I was told a moment ago that I have tested positive.”

https://twitter.com/ThaiNewsReports/status/1413867805661798400

And your point is....????

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

54 minutes ago, The Cipher said:

Lol my comment quality on here has started to vary widely. The good stuff was largely unappreciated, so it's devolved into 'for my own amusement', sadly.

But re: the comment that I quoted, the guy made the implication that regular gym-goers also tend to be steroid users. Which anyone who exercises regularly would know is false.

More anecdotally, I have noticed that relatively more fit people, and relatively higher achieving people, have tended to have more of a laissez-faire attitude towards Covid (suspect that varies widely by profession though), and I've also noticed that ThaiVisa Asean Now members tend to skew older and male with relatively high alcohol consumption and populist outlooks. So just playing my probabilities here.

I am a high achiever (although who are you to say who is a high achiever or not), I run 10kms a day and I have Asthma. 

I am affluent, a high achiever and I excercise. You tell me, should I be concerned?

what if I was all of the above and had a sick family member?

What an utterly arrogant and ignorant assumption.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, crazykopite said:

funny how they are coming out with figures just under the 10,000 infections per day something tells me that the figures are being manipulated to save face 

I think it’s more a function of how many they are able to test each day. Which IS kind of a manipulation.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

Given favipiravir and sent home to isolate with testing again later or if they become ill arrange for an ambulance to get them to a treatment center.

Or, wait at Home for 5 days to Die because there is a bed shortage.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

There are 32,000+ people in the UK who are newly infected, and who may disagree with you. 

But, other than a crazy rant, what is your point? To tell people in Thailand to ignore the virus? 

infected doesn't mean being sick, as a matter of fact the hospitals are empty

Yes of course , it's time for the Thais to learn to live with the virus, you cannot stop the wind by hands

Edited by fleccer
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, chilli42 said:

I was recently discharged from a hospital in Bangkok.  All of the staff have been vaccinated with Sinovac and all are well aware that it’s completely useless against the Delta variant.  It takes a big pair (so to speak) to go to work day after day knowing how little protection you have.  RIP to this young lady and kudos to the others who have to face this day after day as part of their job.  

It really burns me up that the meager supply of the AZ vaccine went to a select privileged group rather than those working on the front line (I know AZ is not perfect but a long way better than Sinovac).

It certainly takes very special people to put themselves in harms way Day after Day knowing they have the minimum of protection through Vaccines.

Please let them all be safe.

• Like 2

Multiple off topic posts removed, topic not about British Empire, gyms or steroids say on topic please:

Thailand reports new daily record of COVID-19 cases

• Like 1