Phuket domestic travel restrictions for Thais and foreigners residing in Thailand

webfact

59 minutes ago, Venom said:

Last year they locked down Phuket and many tourists got stuck. No way they would do that again with the sandbox. 

i won't bet on that i wait to see if infections rise in Phuket after 2 weeks of opening next will be Samui if it opens,,, take care 

• Thanks 1

I had to go down to Phuket from Pattaya 10 days ago for an emergency. Departure was delayed by 24 hrs as I had to get a C-19 test carried out. Had to pay Baht 4,300 for the privilege. Plane was about 1/3 full so I wondered how many of the mainly (young) Thai passengers had been vaccinated or had a test certificate.

One flight departed BKK for HKT today, no clue if there were any pax?

PG 271

WE 281 looks firm at 10:20.

All Thai Air Asia flights cancelled, airline shut down for two weeks.

Some have said the only domestic flights into HKT are cargo.

2 hours ago, ChipButty said:

It's hard to put in to words without getting banned for a few days, Now Thai people will be panicking the vaccines are no good

As you say.

TVF is now largely  'read only' for me.

Not worth the effort to mince words. My profile reflects my attitude.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Pattaya Spotter said:

I believe receiving 2 doses of Sinovac is "fully vaccinated" under this scheme. AZ is considered more effective so entry is allowed after only the first (of two) doses.

They will pay the price for this foolhardy though process.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

One flight departed BKK for HKT today, no clue if there were any pax?

PG 271

WE 281 looks firm at 10:20.

All Thai Air Asia flights cancelled, airline shut down for two weeks.

Some have said the only domestic flights into HKT are cargo.

Guess one drives if not on a international transfer flight.

2 hours ago, mtbre said:

Thailand is finished as a tourist country,all the ripoffs and overcharging of tourists has given them a bad reputation.there are many other countries that serve tourist better,and dont have a military goverement.

Dont forget to close the door on your way out, Oh turn the lights off

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, webfact said:

[DMHTT = Distancing (Stay away) Mask wearing (wear masks) Hand washing (wash your hands regularly) Testing (check quickly) Tracing app use)]

This is what they have been doing since last year but seem like the virus never go away.

4 hours ago, the green light said:

Bye bye sandbox  idea

assuming you can leave Phuket where are you going to Go ? Thailand has implemented a travel curb. Malls are closed, many business are shut down. then you have the risk to contract the virus depned on which vaccine you took.

so if you are in Phuket as a visitor best to go home after your 14 days tour. 

come next year

Your very optimistic, you think this mess will be resolved by next year????????????

8 hours ago, webfact said:

Phuket province has implemented new entry regulations, where anyone entering the province must either carry a negative COVID-19 test certificate, be fully vaccinated or have received at least one dose of AstraZeneca vaccine at least 14 days prior to arrival.

People who are not fully vaccinated are required to present a negative RT-PCR or Antigen COVID-19 test certificate with the test conducted no more than 7 days prior to arrival.

Domestic travellers are the high risk, not tourists, as domestic travellers are coming with low vaccine protection, and seven days old test instead of three days. They should at least have the same rules for domestic travellers as tourists, to be allowed inside the sandbox, especially as Thailand seems to be a higher risk area than the from where the tourists arrives. However, I don't understand that Myanmar is considered low risk for tourists arrivals - the recent case with the two children - by news mediea Myanmar is referred to as being out of control with Covid-19.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, internationalism said:

I have thought all domestic flights phuket-bangkok are cancelled, which would limit travel from/to red zones.

Buses to the south also prohibited. Looks like the berths on the submarines will be fully booked.

6 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

So just 1 jab of AZ and your good to go....what a bunch of fools these folks are. Just stop the charade already......

4 hours ago, the green light said:

Phuket  resident are not fully vaccinated. A lot of them has only one AZ shot and the next one in 16 weeks. With the delta virus rampant, they could get infected.

If these people get the virus because they did not get the 2nd shot, it will put the vaccination program into a mess.

Neither one of you know what you're talking about when it comes to the AZ vaccine. 

All of the data shows you need only one of the AZ and 14 days to be protected against the Delta strain. You don't need the second shot. AZ2 is the booster to just make sure. There is a school of thought that believes AZ2 isn't even necessary. 

Stop putting up what you think as opposed to what the science is showing. 

If the Thai authorities had only ordered the more expensive Pfizer or Moderna vaccins directly from start, instead of waiting so long for the cheaper Chinese Sinovac to save money, the population would have been largely vaccinated by now, and they probably wouldn´t have faced the rising pandemic as they had one of the worlds lowest Corona infection rates for a long time and still has.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, the green light said:

Bye bye sandbox  idea

assuming you can leave Phuket where are you going to Go ? Thailand has implemented a travel curb. Malls are closed, many business are shut down. then you have the risk to contract the virus depned on which vaccine you took.

so if you are in Phuket as a visitor best to go home after your 14 days tour. 

come next year

Empty wallet, now go home....

24 minutes ago, Pinot said:

Neither one of you know what you're talking about when it comes to the AZ vaccine. 

All of the data shows you need only one of the AZ and 14 days to be protected against the Delta strain. You don't need the second shot. AZ2 is the booster to just make sure. There is a school of thought that believes AZ2 isn't even necessary. 

Stop putting up what you think as opposed to what the science is showing. 

So your saying you only need 1 jab of the AZ vaccine to be vaccinated.  What planet do you live on.  It is a x2 jab vaccination process not just a single dose like the J&J vaccine in the US.  

https://www.who.int/news-room/feature-stories/detail/the-oxford-astrazeneca-covid-19-vaccine-what-you-need-to-know

What’s the recommended dosage?

The recommended dosage is two doses given intramuscularly (0.5ml each) with an interval of 8 to 12 weeks. 

Additional research is needed to understand longer-term potential protection after a single dose.  

https://www2.hse.ie/screening-and-vaccinations/covid-19-vaccine/astrazeneca/second-dose/

Edited by ThailandRyan

4 hours ago, theonetrueaussie said:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSNKzdl1J3b6KC8sh7CdgC
And how are the other vaccines any better....Stats from the UK are not giving a much better outlook for the other vaccines!!

These stats are either fake, misleading or very worrying. They go against what we are being told in the UK. 

Twice as many fully vaccinated dying compared to single dose. Can you provide the source please?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, canthai55 said:

For entry to Canada -

Accepted vaccines:

• Pfizer (Comirnaty, tozinameran, BNT162b2)
  • Moderna (mRNA-1273)
  • AstraZeneca (Vaxzevria, AZD1222, Covishield)
  • Janssen (Johnson & Johnson) - single dose
  • Vaccines not currently accepted for fully vaccinated status in Canada:

Bharat Biotech (Covaxin, BBV152 A, B, C)

• Cansino (Convidecia, Ad5-nCoV)
  • Gamalaya (Sputnik V, Gam-Covid-Vac)
  • Sinopharm (BBIBP-CorV, Sinopharm-Wuhan)
  • Sinovac (CoronaVac, PiCoVacc)
  • Vector Institute (EpiVacCorona)
  • Other

Guess it depends then whether people need to go to Canada or China.

No mention in the article about domestic travellers who have recovered from Covid in the last 90 days. 

I did see another article on one of the Sandbox Facebook threads that stated recovered covid travellers will need to show evidence of having recovered within the last 90 days, plus need a negative test result.

I’m on the understanding that a test on a recovered Covid patient will still return a positive result, based on the person still having inactive/dead virus cells ?

1 hour ago, ThailandRyan said:

https://theconversation.com/should-i-get-my-second-astrazeneca-dose-yes-it-almost-doubles-your-protection-against-delta-163259

But until you’re fully vaccinated – with two doses of AstraZeneca or two doses of Pfizer, at the recommended time intervals – you’re not optimally protected. After your second AstraZeneca dose, your protection against the Delta variant almost doubles, from 33% to 60%.

Do some research is all I can say.  Your mixed up.

The latest UK info is that a 3rd dose of AZ in one arm and a flu jab in the other will give optimum covid protection . The flu jab has no direct effect on the covid virus but what it does do is accelerate your bodies immune system which in turn activates the covid vaccine to its highest potency ( as relayed by doctor Hilary today on GMTV )

Seem like many new variants are popping up. It will be a never ending battle for the next 3 or 4 years. Also many vaccines’ manufacturers are coming out with loads of booster shots. Soon they’re probably going to have a Christmas booster, New Year booster, Summer booster, Black Friday booster... (and so on) or monthly doses.

6 minutes ago, superal said:

The latest UK info is that a 3rd dose of AZ in one arm and a flu jab in the other will give optimum covid protection . The flu jab has no direct effect on the covid virus but what it does do is accelerate your bodies immune system which in turn activates the covid vaccine to its highest potency ( as relayed by doctor Hilary today on GMTV )

I did see that.  I had my flu vaccine here 2 weeks before my AZ jab, but never could find anything other than her statement on the web. 

https://www.news-medical.net/news/20210510/Combo-COVID-flu-vaccine-protects-against-current-and-emerging-variants-in-animal-model.aspx

Edited by ThailandRyan
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, wensiensheng said:

I think the difference now is that it’s 1 jab of az or 2 of sinovax AND a negative test certificate. Before it was OR a negative test.

taken me a while to spot the difference from the previous notice issued in June.

Only from the super Red provinces. Rules being made up as they go along. Too late the horse has bolted

• Thanks 1