Thailand reports record high 98 coronavirus deaths and 9,186 new cases

webfact

COVID15.JPG
File photo//REUTERS/Athit Perawongmetha

Thailand on Thursday (July 15) reported 9,186 new COVID-19 cases and 98 additional deaths over the past 24 hours. 

● 9,107 new infections

● 79 prison / prison infections

Thursday’s cases bring the total number of COVID-19 infections in Thailand to 372,215 with 3,032 deaths. 

(Total infections since April 1: 343,352)

The news comes as the National Vaccine Committee (NVC) approved Wednesday the procurement of another 120 million doses of COVID-19 vaccine for next year, but withheld its approval of a draft announcement, regarding AstraZeneca vaccine manufactured in Thailand for export, to ensure sufficient vaccine for Thais in the wake of rapid surge in infections.

asean_now_BB.jpg

-- © Copyright ASEAN NOW 2021-07-15

- Whatever you're going through, the Samaritans are here for you

209498500_365147315103599_619278351930968668_n.jpg

216248989_358973512408011_1274350137568537684_n.jpg
  • Sad 2

Just now, anchadian said:

Bed situation for Bangkok virus patients reaches critical level

The bed situation for Covid-19 patients in Bangkok is at a critical level, especially for those in the red group, for which there are only 10 per cent of beds available, the Public Health Ministry revealed. #Bangkok #COVID19 #hospitals #TheNationThailand

https://www.nationthailand.com/in-focus/40003257

I'm waiting for someone to get his calculator out...............

“Bangkok hospitals have a total capacity of about 1,000 beds for red-group patients. There are now only 10 per cent of these beds vacant,” said Dr Korakrit Limsommut, director of the ministry’s Health Administration Division.

“For patients in the yellow group, there are [only] 415 vacant beds, plus some 449 beds available in hospital isolation rooms. As for patients in the green group, there are 500 vacant beds at field hospitals, plus about 4,200 at certified hospitels,” the doctor said."

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, anchadian said:

Vaccine cocktail approved on Monday placed under review causing provincial suspensions

Study into side effects ordered by the PM after top doctor already presented his emphatic findings based on a study involving 1,200 patients at King Chulalongkorn Memorial Hospital. The concerns raised by Prime Minister Prayut Chan ocha may be linked to a warning from the Chief Scientist of the World Health Organisation Dr Somaya Swaminathan against such tactics.

https://www.thaiexaminer.com/thai-news-foreigners/2021/07/14/vaccine-cocktail-review-causes-suspension/

I forget now, is this the flip, or the flop?

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, anchadian said:

Bed situation for Bangkok virus patients reaches critical level

The bed situation for Covid-19 patients in Bangkok is at a critical level, especially for those in the red group, for which there are only 10 per cent of beds available, the Public Health Ministry revealed. #Bangkok #COVID19 #hospitals #TheNationThailand

https://www.nationthailand.com/in-focus/40003257

Note that there are still beds available in the Bangkok, as I stated before, the issue is the system for patients entering the hospital system was not designed for such large numbers.

inefficiencies in the system that have only impacted small numbers of patients in the past are now leaving large numbers waiting for beds that are available- somewhere in Bangkok.

I’ll give you an example: if a patient’s doctor directs them to go to the hospital, there is a good chance that the doctor doesn’t have admitting privileges at a hospital with beds available. There isn’t a good system for the doctor to get the patient into another hospital, especially if available beds are in a hospital far away. So, the patient has to wait.

• Sad 1

8 minutes ago, dinsdale said:

Triple figure daily deaths now looking certain. Infections still hovering around 9K. This I would say is a direct correlation to testing. Watched a news story today about growing concerns in Myanmar. 5000 infections and 100 deaths. Comment was numbers are certainly much higher due to very low testing numbers. Again if Thailand was testing even adequately testing numbers would be released to show how good they are. The fact that testing numbers are not released can only mean that numbers are less than adequate. I would postulate very much less than adequate hence as everyone knows numbers here are way higher.

I think a rise to 150 deaths a day was certain once cases went from 3k to 9k. Cases triple, pretty much a statistical certainty that deaths also do. So the next couple of weeks will be harrowing in that respect.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Just now, wensiensheng said:

I think a rise to 150 deaths a day was certain once cases went from 3k to 9k. Cases triple, pretty much a statistical certainty that deaths also do. So the next couple of weeks will be harrowing in that respect.

There is an effect on medical staff performance as cases rise, resulting in a proportional increase in fatalities.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

13 minutes ago, dinsdale said:

Triple figure daily deaths now looking certain. Infections still hovering around 9K. This I would say is a direct correlation to testing. Watched a news story today about growing concerns in Myanmar. 7000 infections and 100+ deaths. Comment was numbers are certainly much higher due to very low testing numbers. Again if Thailand was testing even adequately testing numbers would be released to show how good they are. The fact that testing numbers are not released can only mean that numbers are less than adequate. I would postulate very much less than adequate hence as everyone knows numbers here are way higher.

Testing numbers are released 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, wensiensheng said:

I forget now, is this the flip, or the flop?

There seems to be a pattern here:

Make a decision 

Change the decision based on scientific advice

Go back to the original decision based on facts on the ground

do nothing, the situation deteriorates 

Shampoo, rinse, repeat.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, ThailandRyan said:

Wondering if the new Mass testing in communities planned to start in Bangkok will show an uptick and push the numbers over 10k.  I also wonder why they are not testing en-mass elsewhere, sure BKK has clusters, but many of the folks that were scheduled for being locked in were able to flee to the outer provinces. I mean why else are numbers in other places climbing as well, just like in Chonburi, or Trat, or Hua Hin

I am not sure if the new mass testing centers represent an increase in testing capacity, or just a concentration of the old testing facilities.

7 minutes ago, smedly said:

He has moved on to more important things like going to mars and tourism

covid is what it is 

No it is "What will be will be"....lol, and it sucks that it was allowed to spread without the restrictions put in place quickly, thus allowing those who were to loose their jobs to head home.

• Like 2