Thailand reports daily record of 9,692 new COVID-19 cases, 67 more deaths

webfact

9 minutes ago, robblok said:

It is a fact that people are dying with / from covid and not counted as such there was an article in the newspapers confirming that. That is not an opinion that is a fact. A well known doctor  in a BKK hospital found 4!! on one day in the morgue. That is just 1 hospital just 1 day.

So its fact. So you cant rely on death counts, Also testing is far lower per 1000 in Than in the UK so infection rate is also not comparable.  (also a fact)

If testing/infection rates/death counts are unreliable....then there really is no need to report on it, qnd certainly no need to have hundreds of postings by expats on the topic. It is what it is. Better to find something more interesting to pass ones time. 

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, smedly said:

sorry but I fundamentally disagree with that statement - If anything the UK has been over reporting - they definitely have not been under reporting 

Indeed.  The UK does more genetic sequencing of the virus than any other country as well so got stuck with the "UK variant" tag despite there being a very, very high chance it did not originate in the UK.   They are still testing over a million a day which means their case numbers look awful in comparison to other countries in Europe who only test a fraction of what the UK do.    

They are a good case study for the effectiveness of the vaccines though.   Despite reaching almost 50,000 positive tests a day currently, the numbers dying per day are tiny in comparison to what it was in January when the case numbers were that high previously (50ish vs 1000ish). 

Despite high case numbers I'd argue it is a lot safer in the UK now than it is in Thailand and at some point the virus has to run out of people to infect there so the numbers of cases of covid should start reducing soon, probably just in time for winter when episode 5 "the flu strikes back" is released.   

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Are they referring to SB as AZ for this purpose since the lab is producing AZ or is this from overseas. Just a little confused 

SB would be likely be producing under license for AZ but would have no real say on the distribution. May well also production issues at the SB plant responsible for delays.

6 hours ago, Bkk Brian said:

About time, it was completely infested. The community spread in that area must be horrendous

And it does not help to have  <deleted> lodes of lowlife cigarette smoking local and foreign male infestation  in Pattaya

• Like 1
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 3

49 minutes ago, sandyf said:

I wasn't aware that testing stopped people from dying

If you want to believe that people die in Thailand without any notice being taken, entirely up to you, doesn't make it a fact.

LOL

11 minutes ago, mtraveler said:

I notice that Thailand is listed as #59 on Worldometer, as far as the worst countries for Covid.  But I don't think this fairly represents the situation.  Because the figures include the low numbers for the first year, it skews the facts.  Looking at current statistics on Worldometer: As far as New Cases are concerned, Thailand is 17th; Active Cases, Thailand is 18th; and in terms of Serious/critical cases, Thailand is 8th.  I think these are more fair indicators of the situation.  And this accepts the figures are correct.   

And as to testing per million, Thailand sits in 146th place.  

Listed 58 with a bullet.Probably be 55 tomorrow.

20 minutes ago, mtraveler said:

I notice that Thailand is listed as #59 on Worldometer, as far as the worst countries for Covid.  But I don't think this fairly represents the situation.  Because the figures include the low numbers for the first year, it skews the facts.  Looking at current statistics on Worldometer: As far as New Cases are concerned, Thailand is 17th; Active Cases, Thailand is 18th; and in terms of Serious/critical cases, Thailand is 8th.  I think these are more fair indicators of the situation.  And this accepts the figures are correct.   

Your post seems very much like mine. If i was grading a paper i believe I would do you for plagiarism.

I predict that within 2 wks Thailand will be in the top 50 on the covid charts. As for new infections Thailand is firmly in the top twenty. As for serious critical Thailand as of yesterday was sitting at number 8. Weekly trend number 14. Tests per million has Thailand at number 146. If Thailand was at 46 and not 146 for tests per million then I think it could be said Thailand would be in the top 20 for total cases. All this in 31/2 months. Yes I know this is simply data taken from worldometer and there are problems with that but it does afford an overall picture of how Thailand is going on the global scene. To sum that up in one word would be, bad.

• Haha 1

Good news for French people aged 18+ in #Thailand. According to an announcement by @FRenThailande

(https://th.ambafrance.org/Message-de-M-Thierry-Mathou-ambassadeur-de-France-en-Thailande-5278…), you will soon be able to register to be vaccinated with Johnson & Johnson. Next they are trying to get a vaccine for 12+ children. Thank you France

https://twitter.com/RichardBarrow/status/1415883775427309573

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, The Cipher said:

Man, the biggest issue with these busted case count numbers is that it's impossible to figure out if the current lockdowns are working or not.

I just don't understand the gov's strategy to get out of this situation. They won't just open up because they won't accept cases/deaths above a  certain level, as evidenced by the current lockdowns. But they haven't ordered good vaccines yet(?), which will take time to arrive even when ordered. So like, what the ƒvck is the actual plan here?

They can't just order vaccines as that would impact their profits and damage the reputation of a certain very important person, as well as be admitting complete failure of this administration's ability in vaccine procurement and COVID-19 policy.

When have you ever seen one of them accept responsibility for anything?

• Like 1

Thai PM returns to Government House after third negative Covid test

The Thai PM, Prayut Chan-o-cha, does not have Covid-19 and returns to work at Government House today. The PM had been self-isolating for 14 days after coming into contact with Veerasak Pisanuwong from the Surin Chamber of Commerce, while visiting Phuket for the island’s sandbox re-opening on July 1. Veerasak subsequently tested positive for the virus. The Bangkok Post reports that, following a third negative test, the PM has decided to return to the workplace. It’s understood that his close aides and security team have also tested negative.

https://thethaiger.com/coronavirus/thai-pm-returns-to-government-house-after-third-negative-covid-test

Edited by anchadian
  • Like 1

53 minutes ago, mtraveler said:

You can look/ interpret the figures anyway you want.

Thailand is currently 160th with 44 deaths per 1 million people. See, better already!!!!

15 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Nobody knows, after he facilitated the spread from Bangkok to all the provinces when giving 4 days notice of the camp closures, your guess is as good as anybodies

Thursday, July 15, 2021 at 6:00 p.m. Khon Kaen Provincial Public Health Office Report on the situation of the epidemic of the Covid-19 virus. in Khon Kaen that

????90 new cases of COVID-19 were found
in the following districts:
Mueang Khon Kaen 37,
(edit)

From the above information, it can be seen that there are 37 infected people in Mueang Khon Kaen District. The Khon Kaen Link team has coordinated inquiries with the Khon Kaen Provincial Public Health Office. It was known that the majority of the cases were from construction sites as previously reported. In this number, it consists of all workers and staff at the construction site.

https://www.khonkaenlink.info/read/68816/ via Google translate

10 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

So move along and don't grace us with your presence if you do not want to partake in the discussion on Covid we have here.  The fact that what is reported is a fraction of reality is what many of us report on and even though what some of us locate may be anecdotal in your view and not important in your view, and there is no need to report on it as you say, you are barking up the wrong tree.  Enjoy the other topics.....

Seems with around a dozen currently browsing... thats the trend.? 

3 minutes ago, anchadian said:

The Chonburi Department of Public Health announced 530 new and confirmed cases of Covid-19 today with three new deaths, July 16th.

530 is a new record high for cases in the province. However, 183 people were also released and recovered yesterday in Chonburi.

This makes a total of 14,056 cases of Covid-19 in the current round of infections, with 5,465 still under medical care/supervision, and with a total of 75 recorded deaths in Chonburi since the start of this recent round of infections in early April. The details on yesterday’s deaths were not given, which is standard for the health department.

More: https://thepattayanews.com/2021/07/16/chonburi-reports-another-record-high-with-530-new-cases-of-covid-19-and-three-deaths/

Cant see in the breakdown many Pattaya sites.Where Central? 

3 minutes ago, jerrymahoney said:

Thursday, July 15, 2021 at 6:00 p.m. Khon Kaen Provincial Public Health Office Report on the situation of the epidemic of the Covid-19 virus. in Khon Kaen that

????90 new cases of COVID-19 were found
in the following districts:
Mueang Khon Kaen 37,
(edit)

From the above information, it can be seen that there are 37 infected people in Mueang Khon Kaen District. The Khon Kaen Link team has coordinated inquiries with the Khon Kaen Provincial Public Health Office. It was known that the majority of the cases were from construction sites as previously reported. In this number, it consists of all workers and staff at the construction site.

https://www.khonkaenlink.info/read/68816/ via Google translate

The construction sites in Bangkok were closed on 27th June, not really sure what the link is trying to verify for you?