RTP: No more Mr Nice Guy for curfew breakers as 24 hour checks on vehicles ramped up

webfact

2 hours ago, Bluespunk said:

While the curfew runs from 9pm to 4 am? 

Is this linked to interprovincial travel?

I asked on another forum, can i travel by car between Udon Thani and Khonkaen at any time?

TV showing hospital beds on the streets, and new uncollected corpses.

Now it's hit the fan perhaps those sleeping policmen, redundant TAT spruikers and all those  on inactive posts can help clear their wreckage,give the deceased the dignity of a pitti cremation or funeral.

Once dead on pavements is viral I think re-opening to tourism will be dead too . I expect the cowed/pliant  Thai media to gloss over or self censor but it's happening any pretence of 2nd or developing world slipping rapidly.

If I did not have family and responsibilities I think I would seriously think of bugging out for a while .It may be impossible to get flights, papers ot a country that will allow in people from Thailand in the months to come.

Each to there own but be preparred, failing to plan is planning to fail.

As long as there flights out of Swampy/Phuket there will be a way for now.

There is now no quick fix, but spending money on quality vax, PPE and sufficient welfare support to the sick so they isolate and dont spread, it'll cost either way lives or money I wonder how the Hi Sos will go, sacrifice in a Buddhist no one left behind.......?

https://coconuts.co/bangkok/news/bodies-literally-left-lying-in-bangkoks-streets-as-covid-19-takes-heavy-toll/

Edited by RubbaJohnny
  • Confused 1

Here in Pattaya  the roads are dead by 9pm. Nobody  dares to break the curfew. People are frightened  of the police. The police are rigorously enforcing take away food rules..one customer only...one cook..no gathering of staff or customers. People are checking on each other and social  events are reported to the police. People  are scared of the police and the virus

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2

3 hours ago, RubbaJohnny said:

TV showing hospital beds on the streets, and new uncollected corpses.

Now it's hit the fan perhaps those sleeping policmen, redundant TAT spruikers and all those  on inactive posts can help clear their wreckage,give the deceased the dignity of a pitti cremation or funeral.

Once dead on pavements is viral I think re-opening to tourism will be dead too . I expect the cowed/pliant  Thai media to gloss over or self censor but it's happening any pretence of 2nd or developing world slipping rapidly.

If I did not have family and responsibilities I think I would seriously think of bugging out for a while .It may be impossible to get flights, papers ot a country that will allow in people from Thailand in the months to come.

Each to there own but be preparred, failing to plan is planning to fail.

As long as there flights out of Swampy/Phuket there will be a way for now.

There is now no quick fix, but spending money on quality vax, PPE and sufficient welfare support to the sick so they isolate and dont spread, it'll cost either way lives or money I wonder how the Hi Sos will go, sacrifice in a Buddhist no one left behind.......?

https://coconuts.co/bangkok/news/bodies-literally-left-lying-in-bangkoks-streets-as-covid-19-takes-heavy-toll/

Yep. Get out now before  Thailand  gets red listed.

• Like 1

A post with a link to a trolling video has been removed. 

Some off topic posts and replies about air travel, a sporting event on the other side of the globe have been removed. Please note this topic is about:

RTP: No more Mr Nice Guy for curfew breakers as 24 hour checks on vehicles ramped up

The question on many people’s minds is enforcement of the prohibition of interprovincial travel. There are a lot of questions about going from X province to Y province, but its likely that specific routes are not consistently checked or blocked. But, the larger question is the overall enforcement of the prohibition of interprovincial travel.

21 hours ago, webfact said:

People breaking the curfew in from 9pm to 4 am can expect immediate arrest and prosecution on the spot,

"You pay fine.  You pay now!"  aka same-o same-o.

Automobile sales set to soar.

15 hours ago, johng said:

Yes as they always have and always will  hence we have to "learn to live with it"

u think before we learn to live with it we need to find ways to lesson its impact on society so that it is easier to live with.