Thailand reports daily record of 16,533 new coronavirus cases

webfact

21 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

House Speaker Chuan Leekpai said he has asked Foreign Minister Don Paramatwinai to flex some friendly muscle and ask for vaccine donation from the US which has 50 million doses left over. Don says MOFA is working on it and nothing has come out of it yet.

https://twitter.com/Thai_Talk/status/1420241740036939781

https://www.matichon.co.th/politics/news_2853388

Begging from the trough of those who have stolen the Valor of Thailand.  Nice.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

You obviously know the answer, but just don't want to acknowledge it.. But I'll answer anyway...

1. the new Delta variant is much more contagious than the original and UK versions of the virus.

2. While the typical drugstore and cloth type face masks worn by most Thais help reduce virus spread, they're not nearly as effective as the better / more effective N95 class masks that most Thais don't have and probably can't either source or afford.

In Germany there was a time when only medical masks were allowed to be worn, no cloth ones, this I believe helped keep the infection rates down

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

House Speaker Chuan Leekpai said he has asked Foreign Minister Don Paramatwinai to flex some friendly muscle and ask for vaccine donation from the US which has 50 million doses left over. Don says MOFA is working on it and nothing has come out of it yet.

https://twitter.com/Thai_Talk/status/1420241740036939781

https://www.matichon.co.th/politics/news_2853388

Now going cap in hand for free donations? But will any such donated vaccines be freely distrubuted, or would this just be another opportunity for skimming and profit?

1 hour ago, DrJack54 said:

Been holding off replying to these pictures from various posters. 

Indeed that is possibly the situation in the morning.  Not sure how many are walk ins. It seems gov or whoever indicated that walk in would stop at some point and that led to big numbers Tuesday. 

My experience yesterday was nothing like that with time slot 4pm + for 60+ yr old farang.

First pic below is the worst one I had 'stand up queue'. That was about 30-40 mins. Next sit down queue area was paperwork and then jab. Not too bad.

IMG_20210727_152807.jpg

IMG_20210727_162344.jpg

It was the same in Phuket when I had my jab. Outside the gymnasium (vaccination centre) it was a zoo. People sitting in plastic chairs that were literally touching. All under an awning. Inside was individual chairs correctly spaced out. No one seemed to realize the contradiction.

I suspect the inside bit is organized by medical staff, the outside bit by provincial government officials. The difference showed.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, DrJack54 said:

Been holding off replying to these pictures from various posters. 

Indeed that is possibly the situation in the morning.  Not sure how many are walk ins. It seems gov or whoever indicated that walk in would stop at some point and that led to big numbers Tuesday. 

My experience yesterday was nothing like that with time slot 4pm + for 60+ yr old farang.

First pic below is the worst one I had 'stand up queue'. That was about 30-40 mins. Next sit down queue area was paperwork and then jab. Not too bad.

IMG_20210727_152807.jpg

IMG_20210727_162344.jpg

I was told that this chaos is partly due to people from Central provinces, which have shortages of vaccines, flocking to Bangkok in the hope of getting shots at Bang Sue as walk-ins. I can't verify how true this is but someone said his relatives from one of the Khao Yai provinces went there as vaccine appointments in the surrounding districts had been cancelled.   

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Bkk Brian said:

Another new high has been reached today while Prayut estimates this will affect the country for only another 2, 3 or 4 weeks............crystal ball in play again, while the Thai population suffers, hospitals now closing to all new patients due to being full and in Bangkok the remainder are overflowing.

As more people are vaccinated daily, of course the trend will reverse, one doesn't need a crystal ball.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Dogmatix said:

I was told that this chaos is partly due to people from Central provinces, which have shortages of vaccines, flocking to Bangkok in the hope of getting shots at Bang Sue as walk-ins. I can't verify how true this is but someone said his relatives from one of the Khao Yai provinces went there as vaccine appointments in the surrounding districts had been cancelled.   

People here don't look over 60. Is the over 60 just for foreigners? 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bkk Brian said:

Interesting to note the two people who have liked your post so far. 

I liked it because I like to see a debate. This daily thread gets rather repetitive at times and some posters seem to think it should only reflect their views. So, I "like" to read some contrary opinions and points.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Neeranam said:

As more people are vaccinated daily, of course the trend will reverse, one doesn't need a crystal ball.

So you agree, in two three or four weeks it will all be over, there's the crystal ball.......................

Thailand's Vaccine Tracker (July 28, 2021) About 5.61% of the population is fully vaccinated. 12,714,312 (+284,387) people have received the first dose, while 3,712,747 (+43,002) have been fully inoculated. #วัคซีนโควิด19 #COVID19 #ล็อกดาวน์ #KE

https://twitter.com/KhaosodEnglish/status/1420260139429367815

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

5 minutes ago, SCOTT FITZGERSLD said:

that is a good question, and the answer is: not much more.

how do i know it?

from mexico.

you got it. it allready happaned. the virus allready spread.

if it was same numbers like in the beginning, i would not say a thing.

now it is finished.

now the only question is: how many lives will be destroyed from lockdowns ?

I’m sorry, are you saying the virus is finished in Thailand, Mexico, or both?

Edited by wensiensheng
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

As more people are vaccinated daily, of course the trend will reverse,

No of course about it. Over a matter of weeks the infection rate can easily -  and probably will - outrun the vaccination rate. Particularly if the vaccine centres look like Bang Sue. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, anchadian said:

Thailand's Vaccine Tracker (July 28, 2021) About 5.61% of the population is fully vaccinated. 12,714,312 (+284,387) people have received the first dose, while 3,712,747 (+43,002) have been fully inoculated. #วัคซีนโควิด19 #COVID19 #ล็อกดาวน์ #KE

https://twitter.com/KhaosodEnglish/status/1420260139429367815

Daily average rate of doses required has risen from 470k per day on Jun 7th, to over 600k per day now. That’s some failure.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, SCOTT FITZGERSLD said:

that is a good question, and the answer is: not much more.

how do i know it?

from mexico.

you got it. it allready happaned. the virus allready spread.

if it was same numbers like in the beginning, i would not say a thing.

now it is finished.

now the only question is: how many lives will be destroyed from lockdowns ?

BTW I was not disputing the fact that lockdowns kill.  Just pointing out we are already paying the same price in lives pre-opening as Mexico post-opening. 

2 minutes ago, wensiensheng said:

That’s been queried previously and the op confirmed that each day he writes his own narrative using public

I’m sorry, are you saying the virus is finished in Thailand, Mexico, or both?

i am saying the lockdowns are finishing thailand.

i am saying mexico never locked down.

• Sad 4