Arriving at Phuket airport for sandbox program

merijn

I have a question for when i arrive back home via the sandbox program

As i never arrived internationally via Phuket airport i don't have any experience with this.

Normally i bring from whiskey with me to take back home which is never a problem when flying via Bangkok.

But how strict is Phuket customs with checking the bags as i maybe have a extra bottle with me ????

1 hour ago, London Lowf said:

Put one bottle in your checked luggage and one in your carry-on?

I wish they'd ban liquor in checked bags.  3 times in BKK, I found my bag soaked with someone else's booze when their bottle apparently broke in the hold and leaked all over everyone's luggage.  And flaming shots in a cargo compartment seems like a hazard.

2 minutes ago, impulse said:

I wish they'd ban liquor in checked bags.  3 times in BKK, I found my bag soaked with someone else's booze when their bottle apparently broke in the hold and leaked all over everyone's luggage.  And flaming shots in a cargo compartment seems like a hazard.

Wow thats bad luck - been travelling internationally (approx 16 times a year) and never had that happen (not suggesting it didn’t happen to you). 

I would suggest, decent baggage which is waterproof !!!... 

8 hours ago, merijn said:

I have a question for when i arrive back home via the sandbox program

As i never arrived internationally via Phuket airport i don't have any experience with this.

Normally i bring from whiskey with me to take back home which is never a problem when flying via Bangkok.

But how strict is Phuket customs with checking the bags as i maybe have a extra bottle with me ????

I have exactly the same question....   Sometimes I enter with 3 bottles of decent Whiskey.

I’m not talking Black Label etc, but Whiskey I can’t easily find in Thailand, or when I can its hideously over priced. 

When entering via Bangkok I’ve never been stopped. I was wondering how different things are in Phuket with regards to customs

The other facet is travelling from Phuket to Bangkok with 3 bottles of booze, it’d have to do in checked luggage - I wouldn’t want to risk smashing an 8000 baht bottle of Whiskey !...

So...  perhaps I might just bring in what I expect to drink in the evenings, sat chilling in a pool villa over a couple of weeks Sandbox Quarantine... (probably a couple of bottles !).

11 minutes ago, impulse said:

Lick the bags while waiting at immigration. Win win 

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Wow thats bad luck - been travelling internationally (approx 16 times a year) and never had that happen (not suggesting it didn’t happen to you). 

I would suggest, decent baggage which is waterproof !!!... 

Every time has been a TSN-BKK flight, but I didn't want to provide fodder for the racists... 

Which makes it worse than whisky.  The smell of baijiu is disgusting.

4 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

I have exactly the same question....   Sometimes I enter with 3 bottles of decent Whiskey.

I’m not talking Black Label etc, but Whiskey I can’t easily find in Thailand, or when I can its hideously over priced. 

When entering via Bangkok I’ve never been stopped. I was wondering how different things are in Phuket with regards to customs

The other facet is travelling from Phuket to Bangkok with 3 bottles of booze, it’d have to do in checked luggage - I wouldn’t want to risk smashing an 8000 baht bottle of Whiskey !...

So...  perhaps I might just bring in what I expect to drink in the evenings, sat chilling in a pool villa over a couple of weeks Sandbox Quarantine... (probably a couple of bottles !).

That's exactly the same reason for me.

The whiskeys I'm interested in are not available in Thailand or bloody expensive.

Normally I put one bottle in each bag (2 checked and 1 hand carry) and this is never a problem in Bangkok.

Specially not during Covid as they are trying to stay as far away as possible from the luggage ????

Therefore I'm interested in Phuket experiences.