Thai PM Prayuth taken to court over alleged mishandling and dishonesty in dealing with the pandemic

webfact

if I remember correctly, not to long ago (1-2 weeks ago Prayut and his cronies were putting forward a law protecting all of them from any potential law suits against their poor or non performing decisions regarding the covid19 pandemic

(I did try to find the link here a Asean now but it didn't show up, maybe some of you have better luck)

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Denim said:

So a scenario is out there floating around that could see a former convicted drug smuggler in charge of vaccine acquirement.

I wonder how many Moderna vaccines you can squeeze into a diplomatic bag or two.

A convicted drug smuggler in charge of drug procurement, now that must rate as a world winning joke. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, webfact said:

The court will be considering the case and announcing its findings on August 30th at 9 am. 

Forgone conclusion I'd say...but we can also hope for a better outcome...

Off with his head.gif

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Mavideol said:

if I remember correctly, not to long ago (1-2 weeks ago Prayut and his cronies were putting forward a law protecting all of them from any potential law suits against their poor or non performing decisions regarding the covid19 pandemic

(I did try to find the link here a Asean now but it didn't show up, maybe some of you have better luck)

It was withdrawn.

One must wonder if he is going to pick up his pieces and hand out with Taksin for the rest of his days. This sounds like a time when a sworn enemies becomes allies. ????

Would actually be great too see them on a news photo lying their teeth off over two pints of beer.

The amnesty concept, even if it does become legislation, is easily reversed immediately after the next coup or the next election, whichever comes first.

The mere fact that the relevant court has accepted the petition for consideration shows how the wind direction is changing.

And my b/f assures me that the Yellow Shirts' yellow shirts are steadily turning pink ...

• Haha 2

13 hours ago, candide said:

I agree with you that Prayut may well be out soon. However, nothing bad will ever happen to him. He has well served his masters and the whole network, by implementing a system and a constitution which guarantees that political parties opposed to the yellow/green network will not be able to govern effectively.

There will be a face saving solution, I.e. Prayut will be promoted where you know and someone from the same network will replace him.

Indeed he did serve his purpose but also managed to make someone look bad and that someone is not known for being very forgiving .

Making Prayut a scapegoat is a perfect face saving solution and because he is hated by so many, punishing him will please the masses , making that someone look good again ????

• Like 2