Lockdown measures in Thailand extended to Aug 31

Jonathan Fairfield

14 hours ago, Jonathan Fairfield said:

Thailand on Monday confirmed the current lockdown measures will remain in place until August 31.

Limited lock-down is the key word.

Apart from bars and a few other places every high street shop, wet/dry market and street stall/vendor in my deep red zone is open as normal.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, cclub75 said:

What happened during those 2 weeks ? ????

The virus was successfully defeated by closing shopping malls ? Especially the banks ?

I expect they received a lot of complaints (or pressure) from people and the banks.... put a little thought into it and usually people have to go to the bank before the supermarket... makes sense to reduce the amount of contact and traveling. 

Your other comment is just your silliness... had the virus been defeated they would have opened the phone shops too!

13 hours ago, cclub75 said:

"The only change to the current restrictions is that banks in shopping malls are now allowed to open. "

How come nobody asks "what did we achieve with this stupid idea " ?

I mean the banks inside shopping malls are closed since 2 weeks.

And ?

And now we reopen them.

So ?

What happened during those 2 weeks ? ????

The virus was successfully defeated by closing shopping malls ? Especially the banks ?

And furthermore now, if we open the banks again... then why not phone shops ? Afterall phones are "important".

My point is : this decision highlights the absurdity of the whole scheme.

I agree, it just makes no sense. lol 

1 hour ago, brewsterbudgen said:

Nice to see they've removed the words "at least" before 31 August. Sounds like an end is now in sight ????????

The second sentence says "at least". It's just the next date that they'll review. It seems very unlikely there'll be any significant easing at the end of this month unless the numbers have a real downturn. 

Edited by KhaoNiaw
  • Like 1

50 minutes ago, Bob12345 said:

Just like the rest of the world, they are just doing whatever they feel like.

It has been clear by now that lockdowns don't help with defeating covid, as we have done lockdown for months already and its still there. And yet, all they come up with is more lockdowns. 

Covid wont go away, just like the flu. Learn to live with it, or be prepared to be locked down the rest of your life.

A 2-3 week total lockdown, and I mean total with people allowed out of their homes for essential shopping only, would stop the spread. But that is socially and economically unacceptable so the pandemic rumbles on indefinitely. Not only in Thailand but all over the world. The virus has been a test for mankind and mankind has failed miserably in dealing with it. There have been cover-ups, denials, ineptitude right from the start, and that continues over 18 months later.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, KhaoNiaw said:

The second sentence says "at least". It's just the next date that they'll review. It seems very unlikely there'll be any significant easing at the end of this month unless the numbers have a real downturn. 

Dammit.  I missed that!  At least "at least" is not in the headline.