Russian man loses gold necklace worth 20,000 baht after it was allegedly stolen on Beach Road by two women

snoop1130

18 hours ago, Golden Triangle said:

Serves him chuffin right, bloody idiot wearing anything remotely valuable in these hard times & on beach road at night 555555555 

Does he have a big neon light on his head saying please rob me ??

No Neon light but good insurance

Edited by Almer
Soelling

14 minutes ago, RichardColeman said:

Don't believe his story in the slightest. Insurance scam

1. If pulled off he would have felt it tugged.

2. The chances of him not feeling someone trying to unclasp a chain is too ludicrous to imagine.

Still CCTV  - if it exists - will prove it

They don't care much if you feel it or not. One time they took several thousands of Baht from my wallet. I realised it and told them to return the money. They gave me their bag and told me to look for it - while hiding my money on their body. I found an ID card in their bag and took it secretly. I went with it to the police. Now the situation was that I stole an ID card. I could not prove that they stole my money. To cut a long story short - it is a red light district with special experiences. 

Edited by Mickeymaus
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Dont confuse me said:

Help my valuable white gold necklace, which probably can't be sold in a gold shop and is very distinguishable as it's possible the assay mark is different, the name of my insurance company is.....oh yes I do have a police report.

It wasn't for sure clever to walk around with a gold necklace on the Beach Road. But it is also a well known fact that ladyboys hugging you there will not do this always for free. I talked to the police about this and they told me as long as no crime occurred they can't do much. They just can charge them for hanging around there for no reason. Not much penalty for this... For sure you know the reports where they picked up many people hanging around there just to have to release them for a small fine. 

"There is no price value difference between the actual gold in white and yellow gold jewellery, as long as it is hallmarked at the same carat weight. So for example, 18K white gold and 18K yellow gold will contain the same percentage of gold."

found this on google search... but try convincing a Thai gold dealer of that.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Emdog said:

"There is no price value difference between the actual gold in white and yellow gold jewellery, as long as it is hallmarked at the same carat weight. So for example, 18K white gold and 18K yellow gold will contain the same percentage of gold."

found this on google search... but try convincing a Thai gold dealer of that.

Gold here is calculated in Baht (not the currency). You can buy and sell this kind of gold at certain rates. It is like a second currency. But it is not the gold mixture you mostly can buy in western countries. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Mickeymaus said:

Nothing special. Has been like this as long as I can remember. Pattaya City is a big red light district with all the advantages and disadvantages of it. 

Really.? Every part of Pattaya.? 

You certainly get around. 

• Confused 2
  • Haha 1

21 hours ago, steven100 said:

i watched every episode of get smart,  one of the best American produced shows, it and Mr Ed.  & F-troop.

Americans really knew how to make ongoing comedy shows. I loved them.

Just like Thai politics 555

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, shackleton said:

Well that's a new one usually get stolen by guys on motor bikes 

I once saw two Thai guys on a motorcycle the day I arrived in Pattaya with the wife for a holiday, rip a chain straight off of a farangs neck with precision, almost sending the farang to the ground, I then turned to my wife as if to say, did you see that, and there she was taking her gold necklace and wrist band, plus ring off and putting them in her jean front pocket.

In Phuket I had a mate go for an early morning walk along Patong Beach and if I believed his story that he was sitting there watching people playing volley ball, he was approached by a beautiful woman who started a conversation with him and then started giving him a shoulder massage and when finished smacked him hard on the back, that was when it must have been when she took my gold chain...lol, you can lead them to water as the old saying goes, I did tell him as a 1st timer to dump the gold in the safe, if anyone tries to take this from me, and they survive, then they can have he said, I said, up to you as they say in Thailand, nuff said, he was like a kid crying when he got it taken from him, can't help stupid can we.

Edited by 4MyEgo

6 hours ago, Stargrazer9889 said:

White gold?  When did a gold necklace change its color?  I prefer the Thai gold which

is a rich gold color.  Who would go to Thailand and wear an expensive piece of jewelry

anyway? I guess a fool and his white gold was soon parted.

Geezer

in Russia you do have white gold   no joke but if he had a chain of this it would be far more than 20000baht 

i also have white gold and i do know Russia well 

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Broken Record said:

The Police report will be needed for the Insurance company, I'm not saying he didn't lose a gold necklace, but he wouldn't be the first or the last to file a bogus report for insurance purposes.

Insurance companies take our money and when it comes to paying out they try every trick in the book not too, they deliberately bamboozle us with legal jargon and small print, so it's nice to give them a taste of their own medicine.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, mikecha said:

in Russia you do have white gold   no joke but if he had a chain of this it would be far more than 20000baht 

White gold is far from unheard of in the UK either, but a gold necklace for 20,000 baht (£500ish) is. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, mikecha said:

There is white gold everywhere. 

They just mix gold with nickel instead of copper. 

Value only depends on the percentage of gold (14K, 18K, 21K, 24K) no matter which is the second metal.

Edited by Espanol

14 hours ago, mikecha said:

White gold is no more expensive than yellow gold, nickel and zinc are alloyed rather than copper. All depends on the gold content (karat). 

19 hours ago, Regyai said:

Frankly amazed that Thais would see any value in 'white gold'

They'd view it at best as mere silver or else steel - either of which being of no realisable value

And even if cognisant of what it is (adulterated foreign gold) there's no pawn shop / gold shop that will touch it to cash it out

Not as easy to transact as Thai gold but any gold is fairly easy to sell, white gold, pink gold etc.

1 minute ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

Not as easy to transact as Thai gold but any gold is fairly easy to sell, white gold, pink gold etc.

A new trend going back a few years are white gold rings with diamonds many Thai ladies are wearing.

• Like 1

Sounds like a bit of fake news.

Anyone know a Russian called Dennis?

Denis could be appropriate. 

Walking Beach Road at night now? Trouble is just around the corner Mate.

Dennis, I don't think your story holds up. More information required for insurance claim please.

Maybe something  lost in translation?

On 8/17/2021 at 1:48 PM, Broken Record said:

The Police report will be needed for the Insurance company, I'm not saying he didn't lose a gold necklace, but he wouldn't be the first or the last to file a bogus report for insurance purposes.

These police report stories are VERY OFTEN related to Russians. Strange - or maybe not.