Thai Airways to Resume Flights

snoop1130

3 hours ago, pookondee said:

What would be the point of doing Bangkok to Sydney?

As i understand Australians wont be permitted to leave the country for some time.

Exemption from that policy is available and plenty of folks have got it. 

If you can prove you are also a resident of another country you get approval to leave. Showing a Certificate or Residence or Tabien Baan book with your name in it gets the exemption from the rule. 

Another international carrier is operating a once a day service out of Australia, have been for many months. 

• Like 1

Having been in the aviation industry for 20 years I would be sceptical about these planes being in top shape, between layoffs, on again off again flights, I just don’t think these planes are getting the love they should be at present????

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Kildonan said:

Have they repayed to all their pax,,, WHO HAD ALL THE PREVIOUS TICKETS BOOK,,, AND PAID FOR? 

No, their Management spent the money on Mia Nois, cars and imported booze.

• Like 1

I won't ever fly them again if there is a option. An airline so riddled with corruption that it can't fly right in boom times is a life-hazard.

But what's really unforgivable? No wine in domestic business class. Not even the cheap but drinkable 185ml Aussie plonk served in plastic bottles in international steerage, and no, it was a codeshare freebie, so I'm not grandstanding, but business should be worth it. Also, the telly was not powered up. I was the only customer up front and it was 2016.. I wonder why? Not.

Edited by chalawaan

On 8/19/2021 at 8:12 PM, DrJack54 said:

"The domestic route IS:" 

Watch em bounce back with that money earner.

But, but, it's due to "demand"! I guess some uniformed female rookies at the ministry for tap water (billing division) need their flight wings.

On 8/19/2021 at 8:43 PM, pookondee said:

What would be the point of doing Bangkok to Sydney?

As i understand Australians wont be permitted to leave the country for some time.

What about the people who don't want to leave?

12 hours ago, Will27 said:

What about the people who don't want to leave?

The convo is about attracting tourists to Thailand.

In this case, im talking flights from Sydney to Bangkok, but Australians are not allowed to leave Australia anyway.

Not sure what you are getting at?

The easy answer is, anyone who doesnt want to leave can stay where they are.