Thailand reports 20,571 new COVID-19 cases and 23,159 recoveries

webfact

27 minutes ago, Scrotobike said:

I would have thought that there would be some relationship between the number of cases and number of vaccines - but alas not. The number of vaccines appears to have flatlined.

Someone is getting vaccine if you believe the numbers for last 5 days.

(posted earlier by anchadian)

Every day over 500k.

Amazing.

DAY 71: 508,498.   (Monday)

DAY 72: 518,118

DAY 73: 548,311 DAY

DAY 74: 651,606

DAY 75: 609,435

Actually were not these vaccination # not including the boosters? 

Edited by DrJack54
  • Haha 2

9 hours ago, dinsdale said:

So the actual number is 27,665. Something I find interesting is that the number of infections are up a bit from yesterday and so are the testing numbers. Who would have thought hey! Test more find more.

I always wonder, why have the numbers been so stable in recent weeks, every day 20,000 new cases (+/-1,000)? 

Keeping an eye on other countries' numbers, new case numbers seem to fluctuate much more...

Edited by StayinThailand2much
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, anchadian said:

From the total number of confirmed cases that were found in the past 24 hours: - 17,574 were found via walk-in tests at medical facilities - 2,983 via proactive tests at known clusters - 14 imported cases #โควิด19 #โควิด19วันนี้ #Thailand #Covid19

https://twitter.com/ThaiEnquirer/status/1428961409535135751

Overall mortality rate is creeping up, 0.90% now, could be due to the overwhelmed hospitals, those dying at home and triage in ICU. Of course its much higher in Bangkok

Edited by Bkk Brian
  • Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

This is what happens when you have a chaotic vaccine plan. Wasted money on extra vaccines and a diluted equal distribution.

Says it all really..............

"Apparently some people have already had four jabs of the vaccine. How many have you had? #Thailand"

https://twitter.com/RichardBarrow/status/1429042252643328007

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, StayinThailand2much said:

I always wonder, why have the numbers been so stable in recent weeks, every day 20,000 new cases (+/-1,000)? 

Keeping an eye on other countries' numbers, new case numbers seem to fluctuate much more...

It's cooking the books. What they can't get away from is ICU and intubated. Deaths are running in the mid to high 200's everyday and have moved into the 300's. As harsh as this may sound these deaths free up spots in ICU yet the ICU and intubated numbers continue to hover in a small range. If things are getting better this would not be the case.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

45 minutes ago, anchadian said:

Thailand’s House of Representatives passed the Public Health Ministry’s (MoPH) 37.6 billion baht budget for the 2022 fiscal year, in its second reading today (Saturday), by 242:124 votes,despite opposition MPs’ heavy criticism of a the lack of transparency and inappropriate budgeting for several medical items, such as rapid antigen test kits (ATK) and the Chinese made Sinovac vaccine.

https://www.thaipbsworld.com/house-passes-thailands-37-6-billion-baht-public-health-budget-in-its-second-reading/

I really had a hard time chosing the emoji for this one as all four are very apt.

• Haha 1

CCSA Operation Center met today. MFA shared the latest data on Expatvac registration and reiterated the urgent need to expedite the vaccination of foreign residents under Expatvac. So I hope for more vac next week. I’m sorry for not having better news.

https://twitter.com/SangratTanee/status/1429057363714011148

4 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Step 1 to open up the country to tourists.

What a wonderful holiday. 

That's a pity, I was so loooking forward to drinking a glass of cabernet Sauvignon with my dinner.

Edited by anchadian
  • Like 2

18 minutes ago, anchadian said:

This is a letter just sent out by a Phuket hotel to their guests, “restaurants and bars are no longer allowed to serve alcohol until further notice”. Guests can now only order alcohol through room service” #PhuketSandbox #Thailand

https://twitter.com/ThaiNewsReports/status/1429068410160177154

Room service, same as ordering from the bar and drinking it behind the closed bar doors with no lights......looks like it will be dinner in or will they allow a bottle in a brown paper bag....

32 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

The 150k doses have arrived from Bhutan so guessing might be able to knock out 650k jabs per day next week.

Yes because obviously that’s all they have.  

Edited by Kadilo

Pattaya Mayor reveals results of 10-day proactive Covid-19 community testing in Pattaya

Pattaya, Thailand-

The Pattaya Mayor, Sonthaya Khunplume, revealed the results today after ten days of proactive Covid-19 community testing using Rapid Antigen Test Kits (ATK).

The proactive testing was not for “walk-ins” but was for open community testing targeting high-risk communities and places in the general population in Pattaya. Chonburi regularly conducts close to 2,000 tests a day but most of these are targeted around close contacts of previous cases and workplaces, migrant worker communities, factories, and similar establishments where previous clusters have taken place.

https://thepattayanews.com/2021/08/21/pattaya-mayor-reveals-results-of-10-day-proactive-covid-19-community-testing-in-pattaya/

• Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

The 150k doses have arrived from Bhutan so guessing might be able to knock out 650k jabs per day next week.

Understand but below was the post. I would like to see some data on this. If some areas are doing "remarkably well" then I guess some areas aren't. Being that I haven't seen a provincial breakdown and the poster obviously has, otherwise cannot claim this, it would be great for this data to be shared.

1 hour ago, Kadilo said:

Obviously varies but some areas are doing remarkably well. 

Edited by dinsdale