COVID-19: Thailand reports 17,491 coronavirus cases and 22,134 recoveries

webfact

Antigen tests will be encouraged and PCR tests made very difficult to obtain, the antigen positives wont be included in daily figures ..... which will decline and Pinocchio will declare himself the master of Thailands amazing Covid recovery and the doors will be thrown open to all in October.!

14 minutes ago, Blumpie said:

Thailand will not be open in October.  If it is, I will eat my hat on tic tok (or whatever these kids are on these days) and post it for you all to see.  

Suggest an Akubra , at least they’re made from rabbit skin !

• Haha 1

Wat Dang in Samut Sakhon had to demolish the crematorium and build a new one due to overuse. Not every temple is equipped to cremate #COVID19 victims and as this one was cremating 5-6 bodies a day the 22 year-old crematorium couldn’t cope https://matichon.co.th/region/news_2900057… #Thailand

https://twitter.com/ThaiNewsReports/status/1429646369757691909

AyPGGBfN?format=jpg&name=900x900

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

20 minutes ago, Blumpie said:

Thailand will not be open in October.  If it is, I will eat my hat on tic tok (or whatever these kids are on these days) and post it for you all to see.  

What flavored sauce do you need for flavoring...just in case...

1 hour ago, BestB said:

Is it me or something happened?

days after Prayut made a statement new infection rate started to drop on daily basis while recoveries remained roughly the same . 

it is as if Covid got the memo 

I used to call him Napoleon {small man syndrome}, but now see him as more of a Canute.

• Like 1

Death rates underline importance of vaccination as government aims for November target for red zones

The Thai government is setting itself a November target for heard immunity through vaccination and infection in red areas across the country, a Ministry of Public Health source told Thai Enquirer on Monday.

According to the source, the government understands that lockdown measures will only mitigate the pandemic but will not be sufficient to end the spread of the disease or the increasing death rates.

https://www.thaienquirer.com/31546/death-rates-underline-importance-of-vaccination-as-government-aims-for-november-target-for-red-zones/

44 minutes ago, Scrotobike said:

I think this is a correct downward trend in the reported PCR tests which only mean there are less positive PCR results - not less Covid Delta in Thailand.

Absolutely. Covid and future variants will be around for the foreseeable future.

30 minutes ago, Scrotobike said:

Not al deaths will be recorded - imagine staying at home after a ATK test - a death, a quick funeral - no reporting this as a covid death. No process to report it. Possibly why Thailand has such a low death rate per infection. 

This is not hiding deaths (not a government conspiracy) just how it is.

You do know that not reporting a death is a criminal offense and a death certificate is mandatory.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Eric Loh said:

You do know that not reporting a death is a criminal offense and a death certificate is mandatory.

I have never seen a death certificate given to my Thai family in all the years I have been here. The local village headman with a local police office recorded the death and that's the end of it. Now if they died in the hospital then that's a different story then if dying at home like my grandfather, grandmother, aunts, and uncles, did surrounded by family.

Edited by ThailandRyan
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, webfact said:

Thailand's tourism industry is now struggling to survive and trying to shift from mass tourism to attracting more quality visitors.

The only problem is that 'quality visitors' visit quality destinations. And Thailand is not, and never will be, in that category.

16 minutes ago, anchadian said:

Sinovac effective against Covid-19, Chinese Embassy insists

The Chinese Embassy in Bangkok took to Facebook on Sunday to reiterate that the Sinovac vaccine is effective against the raging coronavirus.

In a Facebook post, it also said 25.55 million doses of Sinovac have been delivered to Thailand by the Chinese government since February, with the latest lot of one million doses being delivered on August 21.

https://www.nationthailand.com/in-focus/40005119

Also very effective indeed for filling certain pockets.

• Like 1

Prof Dr Prasit Watanapa, dean of the Faculty of Medicine Siriraj Hospital at Mahidol University, said unless there is a big new cluster of COVID-19 patients in mid-September, infections should gradually fall.

@TNAMCOT

https://twitter.com/TNAMCOTEnglish/status/1429661101654888454

• Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, Blumpie said:

Thailand will not be open in October.  

Since they been doing the EXACT opposite of what in my opinion should have been done ever since the Samut Sakhon outbreak in dec last year, then yes…

They will obviously open up in Oct…

• Like 1

Spokesman for the Center for Economic Situation Administration said the accumulated number of foreign visitors to Phuket since the sandbox initiative began rose to 22,810 and local hotel rooms were reserved in the Phuket Sandbox project for more than 400,000 nights in Q3.

@TNAMCOT

https://twitter.com/TNAMCOTEnglish/status/1429661925432987648

1 hour ago, wordchild said:

well the Thai stock market seems to believe that things are getting better, market is pretty strong today (plus 1%) with the banks notably strong, Bangkok Bank and Kasikorn both up 5%   

You might want to look at the US Stock market and how it reacted to the peak at the end of 2020/beginning of 2021, and the latest rise in Covid figures.  Both times the market continued to move upwards.  Unfortunately there's no correlation between the two.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mtraveler said:

You might want to look at the US Stock market and how it reacted to the peak at the end of 2020/beginning of 2021, and the latest rise in Covid figures.  Both times the market continued to move upwards.  Unfortunately there's no correlation between the two.  

good point; also its likely that the strength of the banks today is mainly down to some helpful action from the Bank of Thailand.

Nevertheless i think there is better background sentiment (in the market) at least partly due to a feeling that the worst of the covid figures maybe behind us.  

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, fondue zoo said:

Now fingers crossed that the Lambda and B1621 variants never make landfall.

Its probably just as important to be concerned about the new home grown mutations that can occur here with delta on the rampage and still out of control. 

• Like 2

Thailand’s Ministry of Labor is preparing to allow workers from three neighboring countries to return, under a memorandum of understanding (MoU). The move is in line with government policy to solve labor shortages arising from the COVID-19 pandemic and its containment.

https://www.facebook.com/nbtworld/posts/10158214048102050

May be an image of 1 person, sitting and text that says "SIEON NBT WORLD Pairoj Chotikasathien Department ofEmploymen rector-General Thai Labor Ministry Prepares to Allow Migrants Back to Work"

Some troll posts trolling and baiting other members have been removed. 

A post containing a chart that was copy and pasted from the Bangkok Post has been removed:

26) The Bangkok Post and Phuketwan do not allow quotes from their news articles or other material to appear on ASEANNOW.com. Neither do they allow links to their publications. Posts from members containing quotes from or links to Bangkok Post or Phuketwan publications will be deleted from the forum.

Edited by metisdead