COVID-19: Thailand reports 17,491 coronavirus cases and 22,134 recoveries

webfact

2 minutes ago, utalkin2me said:

Extremely common sense principles are completely ignored by most of you. It’s astonishing. 

Most here think keeping the borders closed is a good idea for example. News flash, covid is already in Thailand. If this needs explaining, it really shouldn’t, if you have 100 people and 3 have covid, if you add 100 more and now 6 have covid out of the 200, those are the same odds of getting covid.

Letting people enter an already infected country would not endanger the people within the country anymore than they are in now. Completely common sense notions totally rejected. Why? Well, in my last post I tried to explain that. People love covid. They love to act like they have a right to have some sort of say over other people’s lives. They’ve got nothing better to do. 

NSW is saying 3000 cases came from one infected person. News Flash. Infection rate in BKK is >40% not 3%. 3% is what it needs to be. Your post is rediculous and adds nothing to a rational discourse.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, utalkin2me said:

if you have 100 people and 3 have covid, if you add 100 more and now 6 have covid out of the 200, those are the same odds of getting covid.

Are you saying that a bar with 200 people,  6 of those Covid+ is as safe as a bar with 100 people, 3 Covid+?

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, utalkin2me said:

Extremely common sense principles are completely ignored by most of you. It’s astonishing. 

Most here think keeping the borders closed is a good idea for example. News flash, covid is already in Thailand. If this needs explaining, it really shouldn’t, if you have 100 people and 3 have covid, if you add 100 more and now 6 have covid out of the 200, those are the same odds of getting covid.

Letting people enter an already infected country would not endanger the people within the country anymore than they are in now. Completely common sense notions totally rejected. Why? Well, in my last post I tried to explain that. People love covid. They love to act like they have a right to have some sort of say over other people’s lives. They’ve got nothing better to do. 

You clearly don’t understand the concept of virus variants. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, utalkin2me said:

Many of you have finally found your passion in life: covid. And I will be damned if it is not true if this all ended tomorrow these same people would be inwardly upset… I dont get to mock nomaskers and no vaxxers anymore? What am I gonna do with myself. 

If people would actually self analyze, which they won’t, they’d find this all to be true. Covid is this decade’s (or two) festering itch for the angst that past generations experienced via depressions and world wars. 

There are four million worldwide who would disagree with you, but Covid killed them.

• Like 2

The question for the night:

About a month ago, when infection rates were spiking, I asked whether it would be advisable to stock up on supplies in the event of disruptions in the supply chain. I won’t be discussing the responses then, but I would like to know whether anyone still thinks stocking up is a good idea.

19 minutes ago, anchadian said:

It’s time to live with Covid-19, says Thailand’s Communicable Diseases Committee as they discuss a new plan and strategy

Bangkok –

The National Communicable Diseases Committee today, August 23rd, has agreed, in principle, on four ways to reopen the country to foreign visitors safely under new disease control measures, which has been called “Smart Control and Living with Covid-19”.

This new strategy, which is still in the preliminary plan phase, reflects a dramatic change from previous “zero-covid” plans and those involving strict partial lockdowns that have shuttered tens of thousands of businesses, especially in economically viable provinces and areas like Bangkok, Samut Sakhon, and Chonburi. It is estimated, according to the Thai Government, that three-quarters of the economy are currently under strict virus curbs, causing immense economic pain for millions of people. Regardless of financial aid given, this is not sustainable in the long term, stated the proposed plan from the National Communicable Diseases Committee.

https://thepattayanews.com/2021/08/23/its-time-to-live-with-covid-19-says-thailands-communicable-diseases-committee-as-they-discuss-a-new-plan-and-strategy/

There does seem to be a change of strategy in the air.  It seems inevitable that the current lockdown will be relaxed. But by how much?

• Like 1

Interesting and welcome news if it happens soon enough.

Thailand secures options to switch to new COVID-19 vaccine which is under development

Thai Government has secured the option to switch to AstraZeneca’s new vaccine candidate which is designed to maintain the high levels of protection of the current vaccine while providing additional protection against new variants, according to the Government Spokesperson Anucha Burapachaisri.

The new vaccine is currently under development. The deal should be finalized by September this year.

Anucha said that AstraZeneca has confirmed during a teleconference with Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha that it will step up vaccine deliveries and will aim to deliver the remaining doses by the end of this year.

E9e7YWyVoAEIEJU.jpg.ac16f2b8b4806baba0d8abf560d04a38.jpg

https://www.thaipbsworld.com/thailand-secures-options-to-switch-to-new-covid-19-vaccine-which-is-under-development/

Edited by Bkk Brian
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, brewsterbudgen said:

There does seem to be a change of strategy in the air.  It seems inevitable that the current lockdown will be relaxed. But by how much?

Let’s hope a lot and get things back moving in the right direction. People able to work, children back at school, people getting their lives and livelihoods, mental health and self esteem back on track. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Phuket Update

73 new official pcr confirmed community cases, 1 new case from Sandbox, no new deaths. So far there have been 2,725 official cases since 1st July and 17 covid deaths which makes a case mortality rate of 0.63%

They stopped the report on the rapid test cases so thats not included.

May be an image of text that says 'PKCD 23 สถานการณ์โควิด-19 ส.ค. 64 จังหวัดภูเก็ต (ระลอกเมษายน) ผู้ติดเชื้อรายใหม่ รักษาตัวใน รพ. ในภูเก็ต ต่างประเทศ 1,116 73 ราย หายกลับบ้านวันนี้ ราย เสียชีวิตวันนี้ ราย ราย Phuket Sandbox ราย ติดใหม่ ต่างจังหวัด โครงการรับผู้ป่วยกลับบ้าน วยกลับบ้าน ราย 1,685 เสียชีวิตสะสม 17 ราย กักตัวที่ศูนย์ดูแลโควิด- 83 ราย ชุมชน ยอดสะสม 444 ราย ผู้ติดเชื้อยืนยันสะสม 2,725 ราย สถานการณ์การใช้เตียง ของจังหวัดภูเก็ต จำนวนเดียงทั้งหมด ปริมาณการใช้เดียง 1,358 เตียง ระดับ3 ตจว. ตปท. 10. 23 Phuket 68 34.09% 463 65.91% โครงการรับกลับ 39 895 57.14% ข้อมูลเตียงวันที 2564 ข้อมูล ณ เวลา 22.25 น. วันที่ 23 สิงหาคม 2564 ส โทร 094-5938876,'

https://www.facebook.com/NewshawkPhuket/posts/2976581689258334

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, oldcpu said:

The NZ borders were not 100% closed. The Delta variant is believed to have come from an Australian who came to NZ (as NZ 'softened' their entry requirements allowing some from Australia to come to NZ). 

I think they (NZ) are up to 107 cases currently. 

The NZ # of cases (107 thus far in this current outbreak) is relatively small ... and NZ has a strict HARD and EARLY policy when it comes to dealing with the virus.  I am interested to learn how they will manage with the Delta, which spreads much easier than other COVID variants.

I suspect once more in NZ are vaccinated, they may change that HARD/EARLY policy, but at present given the 'relative ease' for them to close their borders, prior to the delta this strategy appears to have mostly been working for them (compared to most other countries).

So the Delta infected person came from the other country with borders in hard lockdown, Australia. Presumably that's why NZ allowed Australians in, because their borders were just as tightly controlled. Yet as I said, Delta still got in.

Tightly locking borders just delays the inevitable as far as I can see. 

• Sad 2

When I see the numbers for Aug 22 2021 in the Nation, chart,  Impact of Covid 19 in ASEAN, and see

Philippines New cases 215, total cases 1,839,635 and deaths of 31,810

Then I see Thailand new cases 233, total cases 1,049,295, and deaths of 9,320.

I have to wonder why so many more people died in the Philippines?  A difference 

in the the total amount of deaths is over 3 times the amount of deaths in Thailand, which makes me believe the

numbers from Philippines and Indonesia a bit more.  Just saying.

Geezer

NEWS FLASH>>>   MODERATORS    MAYBE YOU COULD PUT THIS IN A PROMINENT  SPOT PLEASE

Maha hospital in Korat has sent an email advising  all   that vaccination  is TODAY, between 10am  and 1pm at Central   shopping centre, Korat.

To find  if you are on the list.... move cursor to  end of the  email names shown  in the  line, and click on the drop down  sign and scroll.

Didnt count  but there appears    maybe over a 100 namas,,   listed by your E mail address.  , not your actual name.

10 hours ago, utalkin2me said:

Letting people enter an already infected country would not endanger the people within the country anymore than they are in now.

How did it get in in the first place..... think about it. 

COVID-19: Thailand reports 20,059 recoveries and 17,165 coronavirus cases

COV24.JPG

FILE PHOTO: Coronavirus disease (COVID-19) patients are seen at a field hospital in Bangkok, Thailand August 5, 2021. Picture taken August 5, 2021. REUTERS/Soe Zeya Tun

Thailand on Tuesday (August 24) reported 17,165 new COVID-19 cases, 20,059 recoveries and 226 additional deaths over the past 24 hours.

Full story: https://aseannow.com/topic/1228516-covid-19-thailand-reports-20059-recoveries and-17165-coronavirus-cases/

//CLOSED//

/Admin