Lockdown set to be relaxed next week: DDC

Jonathan Fairfield

12 hours ago, GStewart70 said:

Something like over 90% of the Scottish have had at least one jab.

You need to look at the number of fully vaccinated. One jab seems to be as effective as Sino-x. 

As I wrote above, I believe countries should be able to Reopen once some 90% have been fully vaccinated with something that is not Sino-x. The 5-10% left should be a small enough number for the hospital system to handle and to reduce the risk of further mutations, and it’s probably not avoidable given that some people can’t take the vaccine due to health reasons. 

That’s still way to go — even counties like Israel and Singapore achieve only 80%. The only outliers are mini-countries like Gibraltar. 

And that’s why Scotland is right still looking at cases and thinking about restrictions again. 

Edited by cocoonclub
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, cyril sneer said:

it's a matter of time before the government announces schools will re-open for term 2 so parents pay their fees

they will close again 2-3 weeks into the term

What are the next lottery numbers?

Edited by Kadilo

97634E7F-7DF2-4061-9728-14EB8CD22962.jpeg.9cef88f20c0ac5f70a857f9c8bf08c32.jpeg97634E7F-7DF2-4061-9728-14EB8CD22962.jpeg.9cef88f20c0ac5f70a857f9c8bf08c32.jpegThis was uploaded by Richard Barrow on his FB, a sort of proposal forthe kids to go back to school, I doubt very much I would be sending my son back to school in the event there was a positive case identified. I had already done 14 days quarantine and no way would I want to it again.

Edited by Jumbo1968
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, cocoonclub said:

You need to look at the number of fully vaccinated. One jab seems to be as effective as Sino-x. 

As I wrote above, I believe countries should be able to Reopen once some 90% have been fully vaccinated with something that is not Sino-x. The 5-10% left should be a small enough number for the hospital system to handle and to reduce the risk of further mutations, and it’s probably not avoidable given that some people can’t take the vaccine due to health reasons. 

That’s still way to go — even counties like Israel and Singapore achieve only 80%. The only outliers are mini-countries like Gibraltar. 

And that’s why Scotland is right still looking at cases and thinking about restrictions again. 

https://www.scotsman.com/health/coronavirus/covid-scotland-use-our-covid-19-vaccine-tracker-to-follow-vaccinations-and-weekly-coronavirus-cases-in-scotland-3329839

80% of Scotland is doubled jabbed.

Study out today saying both Pfizer and AZ wane by about 10% after about 6 months.

That's why the UK has prepared a booster regime starting in September.

If your waiting for 90% of Thailand to be fully vaccinated before opening up then the country is in a world of trouble.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Jumbo1968 said:

97634E7F-7DF2-4061-9728-14EB8CD22962.jpeg.9cef88f20c0ac5f70a857f9c8bf08c32.jpeg97634E7F-7DF2-4061-9728-14EB8CD22962.jpeg.9cef88f20c0ac5f70a857f9c8bf08c32.jpegThis was uploaded by Richard Barrow on his FB, a sort of proposal forthe kids to go back to school, I doubt very much I would be sending my son back to school in the event there was a positive case identified. I had already done 14 days quarantine and no way would I want to it again.

Thats already been rejected with a survey from the parents, 85% said no thanks

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, GStewart70 said:

According to the Scottish government, seems to be 65%, see here: https://www.gov.scot/publications/coronavirus-covid-19-daily-data-for-scotland/

Anyway, that’s not the point so let’s not argue what source is right. 

The topic is:

16 minutes ago, GStewart70 said:

If your waiting for 90% of Thailand to be fully vaccinated before opening up then the country is in a world of trouble.

And the country will be in a world of trouble if it goes through with reopening and exposing its unvaccinated people to the Delta variant. We will see more deaths, flooded hospitals, and years of burdens on the economy and healthcare system due to long covid patients that can’t work and require care which the taxpayer has to pay for. 

Rather than opening up they should provide economic relief and enough quality vaccines and enforce a proper lockdown. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, cocoonclub said:

Rather than opening up they should provide economic relief and enough quality vaccines and enforce a proper lockdown. 

You got to love these economic geniuses. So where is economic relief going to come from if the economy isn’t working? No, government does not add to economic product, it can only take from it. Money reserves cannot be spent in big numbers without seriously tanking the currency. Western nations doing that is not an example to follow, their currencies enjoy world demand and they can get away with that profligacy without population noticing it much. For now. Not forever.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

53 minutes ago, cocoonclub said:

According to the Scottish government, seems to be 65%, see here: https://www.gov.scot/publications/coronavirus-covid-19-daily-data-for-scotland/

Anyway, that’s not the point so let’s not argue what source is right. 

The topic is:

And the country will be in a world of trouble if it goes through with reopening and exposing its unvaccinated people to the Delta variant. We will see more deaths, flooded hospitals, and years of burdens on the economy and healthcare system due to long covid patients that can’t work and require care which the taxpayer has to pay for. 

Covid/Delta isn't going away. Full stop.

UK is getting 30000 plus infections per day.

Mainly under 40s, but the UK is highly fully vaccinated.

Hospitalisations are starting too grow, we're not in autumn yet.

Israel are now hoping their booster campaign is calming infections.

You can deploy lockdowns and super douper vaccines till the cows come home but until this virus weakens countries are always going to have issues.

Thailand does not have the luxury to keep small and medium sized businesses closed.

Doesn't matter what you or I think. It's a fact.

If I want to hear the truth about Covid vaccines - I listen to professors of virology. Their concern is that the current vaccines only "attack" one spike protein if the virus; consequently, mutations become more likely. What is needed are vaccines that attack more of the virus- thus making mutations less likely.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Daithi85 said:

Lockdown lovers can always lock themselves away for as long as they want, but the rest of us want to move on and enjoy are lives. 

I’m guessing some of these people may be teaching over here. 

Who wouldn’t want to spend all day in their cosy home playing on the internet whilst spending minimal time ‘educating’ children. 

The good news is that people will soon have a choice so the rabbits can still keep out of the headlights whilst others can move on and make the most of it whilst the Thais can get back to working and looking after their loved ones. 

• Sad 1

15 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Rejected in the Phuket schools or nationwide?

It was a proposal for Phuket only as far as I gather, it was sent via an email to my daughters international school and the parents there rejected it by 85%. 

• Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, rcuthbert said:

If I want to hear the truth about Covid vaccines - I listen to professors of virology. Their concern is that the current vaccines only "attack" one spike protein if the virus; consequently, mutations become more likely. What is needed are vaccines that attack more of the virus- thus making mutations less likely.

It has become a lucrative industry so don't expect another new vaccine around the corner. Some people are getting very rich right now.

3 hours ago, GStewart70 said:

Covid/Delta isn't going away. Full stop.

UK is getting 30000 plus infections per day.

Mainly under 40s, but the UK is highly fully vaccinated.

Hospitalisations are starting too grow, we're not in autumn yet.

Israel are now hoping their booster campaign is calming infections.

Yes, that’s what I said. Covid is not going away. And if you let it rampage without everyone being vaccinated, you will get deaths, hospitalizations, long covid patients and potentially worse variants. 

You can deploy lockdowns and super douper vaccines till the cows come home but until this virus weakens countries are always going to have issues.

You need the lockdowns and vaccines to weaken it. 

Thailand does not have the luxury to keep small and medium sized businesses closed.

Doesn't matter what you or I think. It's a fact.

Thailand doesn’t have the luxury to let people die, let hospitals break down, and let millions get long covid. Doesn’t matter what you or I think. It’s a fact. 

Edited by cocoonclub
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, cocoonclub said:

Thailand doesn’t have the luxury to let people die, let hospitals break down, and let millions get long covid. Doesn’t matter what you or I think. It’s a fact.

Another statement far away from the Reality.

Life is cheap in Asia.

It was a fact yesterday. It's fact today. And it still will be a fact tomorrow.

It certainly does hurt your western feelings and logic, fair enough, but those... in the big (asian) scheme of things are irrelevant.

Sorry.

So the idea that thai society suddendly would "care" about 10 000 Covid deaths (on a population of 69 millions)... is deeply hysterical for an asian country that in 1992 was able to shoot in the middle of Bangkok streets on protesters. Hundreds of deaths and "disappearances"...

Edited by cclub75

1 hour ago, cclub75 said:

Life is cheap in Asia.

It certainly does hurt your western feelings and logic, fair enough, but those... in the big (asian) scheme of things are irrelevant.

Sorry.

So the idea that thai society suddendly would "care" about 10 000 Covid deaths (on a population of 69 millions)... is deeply hysterical for an asian country that in 1992 was able to shoot in the middle of Bangkok streets on protesters. Hundreds of deaths and "disappearances"...

Not sure what “western feelings and logic” are supposed to be but of course people care when their lives are at risk; and when their lives are at risk, whoever may have died in 1992 will be pretty irrelevant to them. And it may hurt your “feelings and logic” but Thais aren’t any different when it comes to their lives and not wanting to die. I have yet to find any Thai who doesn’t take this virus seriously or who doesn’t want to get vaccinated because he believes the virus will only infect those who died in 1992. 

Sorry. 

Edited by cocoonclub

2 hours ago, cclub75 said:

Life is cheap in Asia.

Sorry.

Weird post.  Life is also cheap in the West.  The UK Government decided to let old people die of Covid - they let it in.  It was a conscious decision.  So don't come in on your moral high horse saying it is an Asian thing.  

Look up "Bloody Sunday" too and see what the UK did there.  

No-one is above anyone else here.

Edited by josephbloggs
  • Confused 1