This is making me think it is time to leave

Will B Good

The police chief says he will fire the policemen involved in the fatal torture of a drug suspect in Nakhon Sawan after a clip showing a man being suffocated with a plastic bag went viral on Tuesday.

Fire them....serious stuff

5 hours ago, Will B Good said:

The police chief says he will fire the policemen involved in the fatal torture of a drug suspect in Nakhon Sawan after a clip showing a man being suffocated with a plastic bag went viral on Tuesday.

Tough, but fair!

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, SCOTT FITZGERSLD said:

well, mate, you leave in a country where most of the population are making 300-400 USD a month,

if they are lucky to get a job.

try to leave on this amount for few months and you will see how your mind starts drifting to

dark places.

We were looking at moving to Thailand next year, my wife is Thai. Things are off the table. She's been in a bit of a mood about things lately concerning the country. But we are in the States and she like it here. It's hard to find crime stats and increases in Thailand. It's hard to know what's really going on. We were looking at houses as early as last February, but not now. 

Edited by Bohemianfish
added info
  • Like 2
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, Bohemianfish said:

We were looking at moving to Thailand next year, my wife is Thai. Things are off the table. She's been in a bit of a mood about things lately concerning the country. But we are in the States and she like it here. It's hard to find crime stats and increases in Thailand. It's hard to know what's really going on. We were looking at houses as early as last February, but not now. 

It's all a frikkin c*rap shoot how it works out.

My wife never wanted us to move from Singapore to Thailand, she wanted us to go straight to the US, but I got my way.

She told me at the time I'd be bored with the place within 10 years. She got it wrong by 11 months.

Our son had a terrible transition from school in Singapore and once he left to the US for college the die was cast.

Momma Bear wasn't gonna be away from her baby, I was bored and she wanted to restart her career which had stalled in Thailand.

The Universe chucks a bunch of cra*p at you and you deal with it the best you can

Edited by GinBoy2
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, clivebaxter said:

Not been really following it, but why have the alleged murderers and blackmailers not been charged and locked up waiting for the trial? 

The police take care of their own if you're of a certain rank or above.

But the likes of traffic cops just get thrown under the bus. . . . . so to speak.

????

10 hours ago, Kwasaki said:

So why would someone leave unless their involved.

And, leave to go where?

The reality is that incidents like this happen in a very large number of countries including the so called 'fully developed countries'.

Also in the so called 'fully developed countries' we regularly see:

• Multiple shooting in malls and schools, etc.
  • Anti-vax protests etc.,
  • Parents intimidated when they try to protect their children with masks
  • Violence for no other reason that the colour of neighbors' skin, heredity, religion etc.
  •  

And many countries globally, including the so-called 'fully developed countries, where the D variant of the virus is still spreading in big numbers.  

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, scorecard said:

And, leave to go where?

The reality is that incidents like this happen in a very large number of countries including the so called 'fully developed countries'.

Also in the so called 'fully developed countries' we regularly see:

• Multiple shooting in malls and schools, etc.
  • Anti-vax protests etc.,
  • Parents intimidated when they try to protect their children with masks
  • Violence for no other reason that the colour of neighbors' skin, heredity, religion etc.
  •  

And many countries globally, including the so-called 'fully developed countries, where the D variant of the virus is still spreading in big numbers.  

I would certainly not leave but also it would not affect me too much. However I would be a bit more suspicious of cops. Though its a bit of an overstatement to say this is normal. So I assume there are bad apples probably a lot. But not that much that it happens every day.

Brave young officers exposing this. Those are the kind we need so that shows there is hope for the future.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Will B Good said:

Fire them is just the first stuff.. but they should be in custody already by now to make sure they can't change the evidence.

That is a bigger shock that they are still walking.

Of course they will be procecuted, was the same with the guy who shot a noodle seller, first fired then the trial begins.

• Like 1

The vid is still on FB, I just watched it.....well, it's murder in police custody, just like the deaths of Australian aboriginals in police custody. As far as I'm concerned every one of those police in the vid should be charged with murder....but they won't. Maybe a rap across the knuckles, one or two may be transferred. The dumb part of course is why film these sorts of things and post them on the internet?

• Like 1

A post linking to the BKK Post has been removed, do you not read the forum rules or what?

26) The Bangkok Post and Phuketwan do not allow quotes from their news articles or other material to appear on ASEANNOW.com. Neither do they allow links to their publications. Posts from members containing quotes from or links to Bangkok Post or Phuketwan publications will be deleted from the forum.