Thailand eases COVID-19 restrictions - but only for people who are vaccinated

Jonathan Fairfield

Ok, here's the way it goes. 

Vaccinated people can still potentially spread Covid 19. They may get less sick. Ok, I will go with that.

Vaccinated person goes to country where there are a sub section of the population that are not vaccinated. Vaccinated person is unknowingly carrying Delta variant......Vaccinated person comes into contact with Kazakhstani (unvaxxed) goat herder. Goat herder gets Delta variant from vaxxed person.....Goat herder gives it to his wife and mother...and so on. 

Unless ABSOLUTELY everyone in the world is vaccinated, which will take years possibly decades, how does this work? Those evil goat herders are making variants 'maaaaaan' though the variant is potentially from a vaccinated person. Tell me this is NOT possible. 

So, what do we do? Keep the world closed untill everyone...yes, even the goatherder is vaxxed? Tell me the way out.  

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

47 minutes ago, 248900_1469958220 said:

Vaccinated people can still potentially spread Covid 19. They may get less sick. Ok, I will go with that.

Vaccinated person goes to country where there are a sub section of the population that are not vaccinated. Vaccinated person is unknowingly carrying Delta variant......Vaccinated person comes into contact with Kazakhstani (unvaxxed) goat herder. Goat herder gets Delta variant from vaxxed person.....Goat herder gives it to his wife and mother...and so on. 

Unless ABSOLUTELY everyone in the world is vaccinated, which will take years possibly decades, how does this work? Those evil goat herders are making variants 'maaaaaan' though the variant is potentially from a vaccinated person. Tell me this is NOT possible. 

So, what do we do? Keep the world closed untill everyone...yes, even the goatherder is vaxxed? Tell me the way out.  

Vaccinate the goat herders.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 248900_1469958220 said:

So, let me get this straight. We are now heading toward not needing one....not two...shots but possible boosters every 5 months??? So, HOW THE HELL does the world catch up with this vaccination program??? The goat herder in Kazakhstan....has he even had his first? I foresee   supply issue if they want to totally vaxx the world.....That goat herder is being put at risk right? First world fat people get the jabs....he comes last......

Hows this for an idea? How about starting to take treatments more seriously???? IF Covid is as infectious as they say, the world will get it, we all will, eventually . How about seriously looking at early treatments for the INEVITABLE patients that will KEEP coming over the next few years? That poor Kazakhstani goat herder may not have access to a fancy vaccine that needs to be handled with care....a tablet? Now, that is a different kettle of fish. 

Treatments like monoclonal antibodies?

They’re experimental. Nobody knows the long term impacts.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, 248900_1469958220 said:

So thats your plan? The world stays closed until 7.9 BILLION people are vaccinated? Have you REALLY thought this through? HAVE ANY OF YOU? 

Seems like some people don't mind this new normal locked down world, probably they have a pension or some kind of passive income and no social life to begin with.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, orchidfan said:

In Hong Kong restaurants and bars etc went through the Covid dance....first fully open, then closed, then takeaways only (limited hours) then open again with limited seating. 

But now,  all staff must be vaccinated, back to fully open (with alcohol served) and bustling business. 

Only about 30% of HK vaccinated (free and choice of Sinovac or Pfizer)

But no checking if customers are vaxed or not. 

They just risk it, but weekly infections only around 1 or 2.

Strict entry restrictions and 21 days quarantine except from a few places like Oz and NZ.

So, customers are happy (Honkies eat out a lot...lunch and dinner ) restaurant and bar owners happy, staff happy.

Source? 

1 minute ago, orchidfan said:

Wife, working in a Thai restaurant in TST Hong Kong the past few years. 

No offense but you wrote your post like it was absolute fact when your wife works in just the one resteraunt out of thousands. 

1 hour ago, 248900_1469958220 said:

You have pretty much answered your own question. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, brucec64 said:

You have pretty much answered your own question. 

Sure, the logical conclusion I come to when I follow the steps of the path govts seem to be taking. I dont see how it works. I dont see 7.9 billion people EVER being vaccinated...especially with ever evolving variants and the need to pump out boosters.....the logistics of making 7.9 billion boosters and getting them out to that Kazakhstani goat herder are...well...????? The plan aint great is it. 

• Sad 1

37 minutes ago, Will B Good said:

I live in Khlong Toei, the centre of the covid outbreak, and there are bars and restaurants that have remained open throughout.

Once people start to frequent restaurants and bars (bars that suddenly stick a BBQ out front) the whole thing will break down.

I have driven from BKK to Chaiyaphum to BKK to Pattaya to Rayong during the "checkpoints every where no provincial travel"......not a soul to be seen at any of the check points. 

Ab-so-<deleted>-ing-lutely! Like most things here...<deleted> and smoke & mirrors and more <deleted>!????

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Dick Z said:

Look at it from the bright side. Darwin would have a field day. Following the laws of evolution the average IQ of the world population will go up a few points as more and more anti-vaxers pay the price for their stupid beliefs.

IT already is in the first world.  Jimmy cracks corn and I don't care...

Thai Government Eases COVID-19 Restrictions on Certain Businesses and Activities

e5a9105b825bd606973bfc4add3dede3_small.jpeg

BANGKOK (NNT) - Thailand’s Centre for COVID-19 Situation Administration (CCSA) has eased COVID-19 restrictions on certain businesses and activities, including restaurants, shopping malls, beauty salons, massage parlors and parks in “dark red” zones from 1 September.

CCSA assistant spokeswoman Dr. Apisamai Srirangsan said indoor air-conditioned restaurants will be allowed to resume dine-in services at 50% capacity, while those without air conditioning can resume dine-in services at 75% capacity. Management, staff and customers must be fully vaccinated or have negative results from weekly COVID-19 antigen tests.

Meanwhile, malls, shopping centers, community malls, convenience stores and similar establishments will be able to open until 8pm. However, all staff must be double-inoculated and undergo regular antigen tests. Beauty salons, barbers and massage shops will be permitted to open, but massage shops may only provide foot massages. Parks, sports fields, stadia and outdoor exercise places can open.

Dr. Apisamai said restrictions on air travel will also be lifted, but passengers must present vaccine certificates showing at least one dose, as well as a negative test result. Public transport vehicles can occupy 75% of the seating capacity.

She added that the easing of these COVID-19 restrictions on businesses in the 29 “dark red” provinces are an effort to adjust COVID-19 control measures to improve the balance between public health safety and economic rehabilitation.

nnt.jpg
  • Haha 1