Emergency decree in relation to Covid set to end - restaurants given wide ranging autonomy in reopening

webfact

37 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

The issue I believe is that the well is dry, and the coffers are empty.  There is no more money to borrow and hand out and the He who is in control of all has probably decided that it is better to open up and see what befalls the nation.  No Risk No Reward.

or, in picture form for the hard of reading...

Screenshot_20210830_095552.jpg

• Thanks 1

I posted the following last night in thread about requirements for dine in.

I best give gf credit.

"This thread is in part about vaccination cards required for dine in.

The gf just now informs me that on Thai breaking news this requirement has been knocked on head 

Any confirmation?"

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

I posted the following last night in thread about requirements for dine in.

I best give gf credit.

"This thread is in part about vaccination cards required for dine in.

The gf just now informs me that on Thai breaking news this requirement has been knocked on head 

Any confirmation?"

It looks like it going to be a free for all, no holds barred!

1 minute ago, Will B Good said:

It looks like it going to be a free for all, no holds barred!

Seems like it.

Makes you wonder about booze. 

The outdoor eating places near us, such as BBQ joints had folk drinking with previous alcohol ban.

The bottles where off the table. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DrJack54 said:

Seems like it.

Makes you wonder about booze. 

The outdoor eating places near us, such as BBQ joints had folk drinking with previous alcohol ban.

The bottles where off the table. 

Same here. Beer in Coke cans or plastic tumblers. 

The police know exactly what is going on, it's just a game.

1 hour ago, HappyExpat57 said:

I'm thinking even a step further. My 2nd jab of Pfizer mid-September then load up the fridge and lock myself up for at least 6 weeks to see how this pans out. My little inner voice is telling me this won't be pretty.

this is the problem, peoples attitude is too far gone and are pretty much paranoid, negativity can have an effect and weaken your immune system, how long can you ignore or avoid the common cold?

Apologies if your post was sarcastic however i do think many people do feel the way you wrote above, that is a problem.

• Thanks 1

The arguments "for and against opening up" having raged for months and it looks like we are about to find out who was correct, although partial vaccination of the population will muddy the waters a little.

Interesting times.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, ed strong said:

this is the problem, peoples attitude is too far gone and are pretty much paranoid, negativity can have an effect and weaken your immune system, how long can you ignore or avoid the common cold?

Apologies if your post was sarcastic however i do think many people do feel the way you wrote above, that is a problem.

No sarcasm and no apology necessary. I still get out a couple of hours a day riding my pushbike as weather allows. I've lost two friends, one a young father, early 30's, solid church goer, as healthy as one can be. I'm in my 60's and don't plan on following his footsteps.

11 minutes ago, Will B Good said:

The arguments "for and against opening up" having raged for months and it looks like we are about to find out who was correct, although partial vaccination of the population will muddy the waters a little.

Interesting times.

Indeed, the arguments "for and against opening up" could go on

and on and on...

Until which time we wake up and find our societies have been completely ruined and we still have Covid anyway.

Just get on with it.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, pookondee said:

Indeed, the arguments "for and against opening up" could go on

and on and on...

Until which time we wake up and find our societies have been completely ruined and we still have Covid anyway.

Just get on with it.

4/5 months and we will have a good idea!

Edited by Will B Good
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

You seem poorly informed. 

Sweden had more cases and deaths than all of its neighbors combined.

Sigh, I used the word “most” in what I said (not all) and even underlined it and put it in bold yet you still somehow missed it.   I know people don’t like facts on here as they are uncomfortable and they don’t really care about your feelings, but the fact is that Sweden has better outcomes than most countries that chose to lockdown.   

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, James105 said:

Sigh, I used the word “most” in what I said (not all) and even underlined it and put it in bold yet you still somehow missed it.   I know people don’t like facts on here as they are uncomfortable and they don’t really care about your feelings, but the fact is that Sweden has better outcomes than most countries that chose to lockdown.   

Nope. 

Better than Luxembourg, though. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

Looks like Thailand is preparing to throw off the shackles and just get on with the opening up of the country for dining and such.  Let her rip and I hope it ends well.  Keeping my fingers crossed for this new experiment which I will call  "The Great Sandbox Escape" 

How is this experimental when pretty much every other country on the planet is doing the same thing more or less?

Edited by shdmn

4 minutes ago, Will B Good said:

With 60+% fully vaccinated, not with 8%.

Yawn, lots of countries well below 60.  Especially for 2 shots.  Of course you are cherry picking the lowest numbers you can spin to suit your agenda.  It's 31% partially and just under 10% with one.

Also, the rates of vaccination are much higher in the sandbox areas, as one would expect if they they were remotely interested in facts and not just trying to spin things negative.

Edited by shdmn