Have you changed your mind on the COVID Vaccines?

Chomper Higgot

so fearful ferguson unaware of the AZ vax possibility then….and his modelling was shown to be wrong…….

without vax lets say deaths might have doubled, if so he would still have massive exaggerated the death toll by 250k …..we will never know because of the ” death with covid” rubbish stats. instead of true “ death by covid” figures ( too difficult ?).

3 hours ago, talahtnut said:

I've had vaccines before, no problem, and I'll take the covid vaxx

when the long term effects are known. So far there have been,

according to Vaers and Yellow Card reports, quite a few side effects

and deaths. This is not a conspiracy theory but from government data.

No, according to the VAERS and Yellow Card reports, there haven't been quite a few side effects and deaths. Both these data bases are about adverse events not adverse reactions or side effects. They contain raw data from patients, caregivers and doctors. Any adverse health event that arises after vaccination can be reported to these databases. That in now way implies causality.

Anyway, can you put into numbers what "quite a few" means in regards to side effects and deaths. And how does that number compare to those who have suffered serious symptoms or died from Covid?

As far as is known, there has been no such thing as long term affects. The odds that there will be are vanishingly small. How does that compare to the known odds of getting seriously ill or dying from a covid infection?

• Like 2

5 hours ago, cdemundo said:

That is a false analogy.

Those 3 are intractable public health problems that have multiple causes and to the extent that they are manageable, take time to correct.  ( Anti-smoking programs have taken decades to show progress for instance.)

If you have a solution to these problems other than to blame those that have them; keep your phone handy, the Nobel prize committee is trying to reach you.

The difference with the non-vaccinated that they can become vaccinated with one or two trips to the clinic.

Ahhh changing the goalposts when your hypocrisy gets exposed.  Predictable.

Smokers/the obese have known the risks of their life choices for years yet carried on regardless.  I don't think they should be denied treatment, but if you are going to be an authoritarian at least have the decency to be somewhat consistent,

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, BusyB said:

Smokers may be anti-social, but they don't infect me. In fact none of those are infectious.

The point is they are taking up medical attention that could otherwise be directed to others who have not put themselves at risk.

The reply I made was too someone who said the unvaccinated should be put at the back of the queue for treatment.

1 hour ago, teatree said:

Smokers/the obese have known the risks of their life choices for years yet carried on regardless.  I don't think they should be denied treatment, but if you are going to be an authoritarian at least have the decency to be somewhat consistent,

changing goal posts?  don't know what you are talking about.

I said nothing about denying medical treatment to anybody.

Maybe your whole problem is reading comprehension.

I simply pointed out that your comparison doesn't hold water.

As I predicted you immediately blamed the people who had the conditions you specified.

They (the people, the problems) have nothing to do with people who don't get vaccinated.

And you agreed that the problems persisted over time, as I said not simple problems, not easily solved problems.

Leaving aside the question of whether a person should get vaccinated or not:

A person can get vaccinated in one or two visits to a clinic, very different from the problems you describe.

Your comparison is an example of a  "false analogy" in elementary logic.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, toston said:

Why change mind ?

This vaxx is proving daily that people still get contaminated and that people will be injected twice a year for no benefit !

I let them enjoy the fun !

I could point out the undisputed and verifiable FACT that vaccines are very effective in preventing serious illness and death resulting from Covid but something tells me you're not much of a facts guy, are you....:coffee1:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, toston said:

Why change mind ?

This vaxx is proving daily that people still get contaminated and that people will be injected twice a year for no benefit !

If you are using words like ‘contaminated’... then your lack of understanding is understandable.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, teatree said:

Oh dear. 'Hypocrisy, authoritarian, inconsistent'. You could have made your 'points' without using insults but maybe that's beyond you, I don't know.

The point is that our systems are geared up to deal with that stuff. They are not geared up to deal with mass epidemics of vax refuseniks. And a lot of those lifestyle losers are going without urgent treatment as well. My sympathies for them are also rather limited. But not being perfect, I don't crow about it or insult them.

The latest German figures when broken down show vaccinees have an infection rate of about 20ish per 100k - refuseniks nearly 300.

4 hours ago, Phoenix Rising said:

Why? Why should we slow down the global Covid vaccination process just because some doses have been contaminated? If anything it only goes to show that current quality assurance processes are working.

And no, Tenpenny's "theories" aren't borderline "in the sense that it pushes the limits of what we know and accept." It's borderline because it's crazy talk.

You don't know anything about Tenpenny's research and findings, as all you did was watch a 2-minute video taken out of context. Preposterous.

Edited by rattlesnake
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, rattlesnake said:

You don't know anything about Tenpenny's research and findings, as all you did was watch a 2-minute video taken out of context. Preposterous.

Out of context?? What context could possibly excuse this halfwit's peddling of loony conspiracy theories. Was she sleep deprived, was she on drugs?

13 hours ago, talahtnut said:

I've had vaccines before, no problem, and I'll take the covid vaxx

when the long term effects are known. So far there have been,

according to Vaers and Yellow Card reports, quite a few side effects

and deaths. This is not a conspiracy theory but from government data.

mRNA vaccines have been around for decades. The others are using traditional methods. All vaccines have side effects. Sadly, this time, the jabs are a necessity.

Millions of these jabs have been administered. The results are fantastic.

On 9/2/2021 at 10:00 PM, cdemundo said:

Is this true?

Where did you learn this?

Do you have a link or reference?

As of today the equation has changed, its now Covid 2 : Pfizer 1

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/sep/04/new-zealand-records-first-covid-related-death-for-200-days

Here is a link for the previous post: https://www.reuters.com/world/asia-pacific/new-zealand-reports-death-woman-after-pfizer-covid-vaccine-2021-08-30/

• Like 1

3 hours ago, toston said:

Why change mind ?

You really don't understand what's going on. Stunning. Yet again, shows why we're still in this mess.

Like the flu, we'll be getting boosters yearly for this virus for a very long time. Catch up! Please.

9 minutes ago, ogb said:

Your stats are off. More like Covid: 27 vaccines: 3,680,000.

Edit: you seemto have ignored this from the Reuters article:

The board said the myocarditis "was probably due to vaccination", according to the ministry. The health ministry said other medical issues at the same time could have influenced the outcome after vaccination.

Edited by Jeffr2

I haven't seen these posters all in one place since the News section was up and running.

I never had doubts but was a bit lazy to get it done. Waited a bit longer to get Pfizer rather than Astro Zeneca. Was a bit tempted to get Astro Zeneca as it used old technologies but when Pfizer got fully approved in the US I made the booking. Getting it this week. No cases in my area but still in harsh full lockdown in Melbourne Australia. 

17 hours ago, milys said:

I am so tired of listening to stupid anti-wax morons. You're talking about your rights and whatever BS.

Now it's like this, you're living in a society amongst many people who follow certain rules.

While you're choosing to not get vaccinated is only not your choice.

You destroy for all other people by letting the virus to mutate.

The more people who choose to not get vaccinated are working against the society.

You are giving the virus a much better chance to mutate and finally find a way to even get vaccinated people sick.

You're a disgrace to the society and to your children and loved ones if you don't get vaccinated.

BTW Your rights to choose in this case should be put in a place where the sun don't shine.

We don't let murderers walk around us free, do we ? Why should we let you ?

Something we need to watch out for are escape mutants evading the vaccine......driven by the vaccine

Watch this space

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Jeffr2 said:

Your stats are off. More like Covid: 27 vaccines: 3,680,000.

Edit: you seemto have ignored this from the Reuters article:

The board said the myocarditis "was probably due to vaccination", according to the ministry. The health ministry said other medical issues at the same time could have influenced the outcome after vaccination.

I don't understand the first part of your post so will reply only to the last part by noting that today's covid death was a person in their 90's - it still counts as a covid death even if "other medical issues at the same time could have influenced the outcome"

• Like 2

On 9/1/2021 at 2:29 AM, Jeffr2 said:

Most who are anti vaxxers aren't the sharpest knives in the drawer. That's my personal experience.

Extremely hard to change their minds. Luckily, they'll soon be stuck at home as it's becoming harder and harder to avoid the jab. Luckily!

After reading your comment I'm more concerned about anti abortionists.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1