Covid antibody rapid test.

papa al

6 hours ago, papa al said:

If someone test (+),

but no symptoms,

then what?

Common sense and by the rules(?) you should self isolate/quarantine. Keep extra distance. Avoid contacts/visits.

Don't go to any hospital without symptoms as they might lock you up in some "hospitel".

7 minutes ago, chilli42 said:

Just rinse and repeat until you have symptoms.

Repeat after few days until test comes negative?

8 minutes ago, chilli42 said:

No symptoms, no C19.

Sure? There are people (particularly young and healthy) who simple don't notice.

But indeed symptoms might come a few days after first infection.

This is for the medical experts... I don't know exact numbers.

You will test positive for some time after a Covid-19 infection.

The most likely scenario is that you either had Covid-19 and it was so mild that you didn't notice it or that you now have a mild case of Covid-19.

The best answer for the safety of others is to self-isolate for 14 days after testing positive before rejoining society.

• Like 1

Question for the medical experts re covid antigen test, have completed two in the last 8 weeks both negative thankfully.

However due to risk exposure wish to check regularly.

When swabbing the nose you are looking to absorb the fluid in the nasal area etc.

So when sneezing, once every few days a great lump of jelly like mucus flies out of the nostril probably due to an allergy etc due to dust and no aircon.

Could you immediately shove the test swab into this jelly mucus thats just exited the nose as it represents the contents fluid deep in the nasal cavity ,instead of shoving the swab in each nostril to do the test?

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, ArcticFox said:

I know, the argument is that if your asymptomatic you could spread the virus.  The same applies to Dengue.  So should we all get periodic Dengue tests 'just to be safe?'
???? No.

Is dengue transmissable?

1 hour ago, ArcticFox said:

they are not "antibody tests" 

Thanks for the correction in the nomenclature.

//////////

2. What is someone feels some mild symptoms,

self-treats and isolates,

soon feels better,

then,  5 weeks later

tests and (+).?

15 hours ago, GroveHillWanderer said:

No - if you're vaccinated you will not have any antigens from the virus, you will have antibodies produced in response to the vaccine.

As stated in an earlier post  these are antigen tests not antibody tests.

Thanks.

OP is talking about the antigen test, not an antibody test.

BTW, the M.T. Blood lab on 3rd road in Pattaya does an Covid antibody test for 999 baht 2 weeks after your second shot.  Great blood lab for many things BTW.

Stay safe and healthy

Peace

7 hours ago, sapson said:

Having been vaccinated 2 weeks ago Astra first shot, will that have any bearing on an antigen test done now?, other than that it will be protecting me from the possible very serious effects of Covid if positive.

Vaccines have no effect on results of an antigen test.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, ArcticFox said:

Regardless of the transmission vector - the argument applies.  

Not true - covid doesn't require a vector, it goes directly from person to person. If you have Covid you know you can give it directly to another person. If you have Dengue, you don't know if you'll be bitten by a mosquito while you have it and even if you were, you don't know whether that mosquito is going to bite someone else.

It's a totally different scenario and you really can't compare the modes of transmission and precautions needed to avoid passing it on.

On 9/2/2021 at 12:32 PM, ArcticFox said:

Getting a test for Covid when you have no symptoms is about as logical as getting a test for Dengue when you have no symptoms.

I know, the argument is that if your asymptomatic you could spread the virus.  The same applies to Dengue.  So should we all get periodic Dengue tests 'just to be safe?'
???? No.

Imho, the answer is that people have become completely neurotic. Most farangs are irrational germophobes as it is.  Take a deep breath, and pull ya'll selves back to sanity.  Buy a couple of Covid 'antigen' tests from the pharmacy (they are not "antibody tests" which are something different and pharmacies don't sell those).  If you feel really drained or fatigued or start to display cold-like symptoms - well then by all means - test yourself.  If I or my wife ever pop positive we'll self-quarantine and follow the Zelenko protocol.  What anyone else pops positive what they do is up to them. 
Quarantine, turn yourselves in to "authorities", go to a hospital which will then turn you into authorities.  Personally I want to stay as far away from concentrated groups of Covid patients housed in the 'field hospitals' which then exposes you to high levels of virus as well as the potential to contract other variants.  And the concept of forced incarceration rubs me the wrong way. 
Hopefully anyone who pops positive at least quarantines as that is socially responsible and if you are asymptomatic or only mildly ill you can stay safer in self-quarantine than risk the danger inherent in being incarcerated in a field facility.

The same applies to Dengue.  So should we all get periodic Dengue tests 'just to be safe?'

really? since when was dengue fever transmittable human to human? do you know what dengue fever is?!

On 9/4/2021 at 10:53 PM, it is what it is said:

The same applies to Dengue.  So should we all get periodic Dengue tests 'just to be safe?'

really? since when was dengue fever transmittable human to human? do you know what dengue fever is?!

Actually no, but I did have malaria twenty odd years ago. 

Do you feel like explaining dengue.?

Not a snarky post, I know of it but not about it. I could always just google it I suppose.